Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 03-29-2022, 10:46 AM
Administrator

Re: Hair brings spiritual power message. 😳

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicodemus1968 View Post
That makes a lot of sense.
Quote:
Somethings I can't say because the privacy of others.
Nothing like a bit of gossip. No spirits behind that.

http://votivesoul.wordpress.com/
Old 03-29-2022, 10:47 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanah View Post
We are all learning, and that's a good thing.

Old 03-29-2022, 11:50 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by votivesoul View Post
Im not gossiping.

You don't believe in spirits.
Old 03-29-2022, 01:58 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
You tell me, do you believe in facial hair?
I must, because it grows on my face everyday, and I shave it off every morning. The question you should of asked, is there any Bible for or against facial hair?
Old 03-29-2022, 02:18 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by votivesoul View Post
Amen!
Old 03-29-2022, 03:46 PM
Believe, Obey, Declare

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esaias View Post
God had decreed that Samson was to be a Nazarite from the womb until his death. At times, the Spirit began to move upon him. His extraordinary strength was the result of the supernatural endowments of the Spirit operating through him. His involvement with Delilah can be traced to this statement:

Then his father and his mother said unto him, Is there never a woman among the daughters of thy brethren, or among all my people, that thou goest to take a wife of the uncircumcised Philistines? And Samson said unto his father, Get her for me; for she pleaseth me well. But his father and his mother knew not that it was of the LORD, that he sought an occasion against the Philistines: for at that time the Philistines had dominion over Israel.
(Jdg 14:3-4)

Samson was raised up by God and his life was directed by God specifically as a means to bring judgments upon the Philistines. So even though this Nazarite was involving himself with forbidden unions with foreign women it was all part of a larger Divine Plan. That is, God was using this man and his choices to bring about certain effects that He desired.

Now, Samson is nagged by his wife to reveal the secret of his strength. He told her if his hair were shaved off then his strength would depart him. So she got him cozy and asleep and had his hair shaved off and when he woke up to defend himself against the Philistines he was not aware that God had departed from him. That is, God's supernatural provision of immense strength and prowess had been removed.

It is thought by many that since his hair had been shaved off, he had "broken his Nazarite vow" and thus lost a connection to God. Yet, the fact he was messing around with strange women would seem a bigger case of "breaking consecration to God". So why now?

First, he entrusted his secret to the woman, and so his heart had been snared. As a consequence, he is taken advantage of and weakened.

Second, he referred to "his strength" departing him, and not "God" departing him. So some have seen a bit of pride and arrogance here, in that Samson ascribed to himself ("my strength") what should have been ascribed to the Lord, and thus by exalting himself as it were he gets humbled by God removing the divine endowment of strength he previously enjoyed. In other words, he didn't give glory where glory was due and so lost what he had been given.

Third, and to my mind the most important thing to note in this story, is that here was a man chosen by God to accomplish a divinely ordained purpose. In spite of his shortcomings, in spite of his moral lapses and intellectual failures and bad decisions, God still accomplishes His intended purpose. "The gifts and callings of God are without repentance". His failure and apparent defeat was used by God to make the Divine Plan succeed anyway. Thus we see that God is ultimately in control.

I have come across some (not too many, thankfully) who believe their long uncut hair piled up into a bun on top of their head is the "authority" which gives them the ability to command angels and rebuke the devil and all sorts of other things.

Nobody will say their hair is magic. But they ascribe things to their hair that are usually ascribed to magic talismans by the superstitious. Thus, "holy magic hair".

So me and Katherine are reading these posts aloud and talking through some experiences.

So me and my wifes relationship has had some HUGE issues in the past and over a great deal of time God has brought an amazing amount of healing and restoration. Yeah, unsubmission was a major problem and God really worked with me to become who I needed to be as a father and husband along with the work He has done in my wife.

As we were talking about the implications that Esaias is briging to light she made the connection that since our marriage was restored along with God *adjusting* some roles here and there...her hair which used to fall out on massive clumps has nearly completely stopped falling out and has became really healthy in a way it has never been.

*Saying all that to wonder if Paul speaking of being uncovered was a shame to her husband to let her be shorn...*so we are discussing that covering the hair is the visible outward sign of an inward submission to Gods authority...If shes NOT submitted, could some of the hair problems women have be connected to that?

Of course this is no blanket statement and the only reason Im mentioning this is just the conversation Im having with my wife and the observations that are pretty stark in comparison with the before and after condition of her hair when the inner changes happened.

Definitely not trying to spiritualize a coincidence...BUT....if it does have merit that there is a possibility that a woman unsubmitted to the divine authorty can have physical signs of that with her hair...could Paul be speaking something establishing a consequence in the way Peter exerted HIS God given authority to preach doctrine on the day of Pentecost for salvation but in Pauls case when he says,"Let her be shorn" is he saying, "Break out the scissors" or is it a pronouncement almost a curse?

Again....NOT trying to walk in witchcraft or anything like that but if you're going to present convincing arguments in context using scripture Im gonna consider possibilities that there are other ripple effects of our obedience or disobedience we must consider that are hidden by blind acceptance of traditions of men.

Ladies...just curious here...have you noticed anything like this happening in your own lives or the lives of others?

Men, what about what you have observed in your own relationships?

Have you noticed a change in hair health corresponding with submission or unsubmission? Or is it something that just applies if you practice covering during worship?

Question #2 If there is validity to the inquiry, what are some symptoms men would face due to their following or rejection of the order God has established as it relates to family? Is there a matching consequence that would balance health of hair on women as a spiritual submission barometer?

And yes...Im serious in my questions. If they seem crazy, childish or whatever then school me soundly so I might quickly learn the error or my wayward thinking and rejoin you on the narrow path of righteousness. 😅
Old 03-29-2022, 05:57 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Quote:
Originally Posted by jediwill83 View Post
So me and Katherine are reading these posts aloud and talking through some experiences.

So me and my wifes relationship has had some HUGE issues in the past and over a great deal of time God has brought an amazing amount of healing and restoration. Yeah, unsubmission was a major problem and God really worked with me to become who I needed to be as a father and husband along with the work He has done in my wife.

As we were talking about the implications that Esaias is briging to light she made the connection that since our marriage was restored along with God *adjusting* some roles here and there...her hair which used to fall out on massive clumps has nearly completely stopped falling out and has became really healthy in a way it has never been.

*Saying all that to wonder if Paul speaking of being uncovered was a shame to her husband to let her be shorn...*so we are discussing that covering the hair is the visible outward sign of an inward submission to Gods authority...If shes NOT submitted, could some of the hair problems women have be connected to that?

Of course this is no blanket statement and the only reason Im mentioning this is just the conversation Im having with my wife and the observations that are pretty stark in comparison with the before and after condition of her hair when the inner changes happened.

Definitely not trying to spiritualize a coincidence...BUT....if it does have merit that there is a possibility that a woman unsubmitted to the divine authorty can have physical signs of that with her hair...could Paul be speaking something establishing a consequence in the way Peter exerted HIS God given authority to preach doctrine on the day of Pentecost for salvation but in Pauls case when he says,"Let her be shorn" is he saying, "Break out the scissors" or is it a pronouncement almost a curse?

Again....NOT trying to walk in witchcraft or anything like that but if you're going to present convincing arguments in context using scripture Im gonna consider possibilities that there are other ripple effects of our obedience or disobedience we must consider that are hidden by blind acceptance of traditions of men.

Ladies...just curious here...have you noticed anything like this happening in your own lives or the lives of others?

Men, what about what you have observed in your own relationships?

Have you noticed a change in hair health corresponding with submission or unsubmission? Or is it something that just applies if you practice covering during worship?

Question #2 If there is validity to the inquiry, what are some symptoms men would face due to their following or rejection of the order God has established as it relates to family? Is there a matching consequence that would balance health of hair on women as a spiritual submission barometer?

And yes...Im serious in my questions. If they seem crazy, childish or whatever then school me soundly so I might quickly learn the error or my wayward thinking and rejoin you on the narrow path of righteousness. 😅
It has been my experience - and that of my family as well - that God will often illustrate some of His truths to us through various events in our lives that, if we aren't looking, we would completely miss the hand of God involved in our situations. Lots of people say "Where is God? I see no evidence of His existence much less involvement." And I'm like "What? I see God ALL THE TIME working in my life, in small ways, big ways, all ways."

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 03-29-2022, 06:08 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Quote:
How are they going through the motions?
Seriously? You truly don't know how that works?

Quote:
Did I?

Please tell me with my post how I reaffirmed my supposed belief in "magic hair"? I said your submission is what brings power, am I wrong? Is the covering really a little napkin on your wife's head?
Yes, you did, and it was right there in your words which I quoted. Like I said, "albeit unawares", meaning you probably weren't aware of the connections you were making.

Is the covering really a little frizz ball on your wife's head?

Quote:
Lol!

Brother you know very well what I posted is true. You mentioned going through the motions in the beginning of your post. When does a saint begin to backslid? Do they just one day wake up and decide to sin uncontrollably? No, if first takes place in their spirit, before you ever see anything in the physical it first took place in the spiritual.
I know very well you just ignored the Word which says the EXACT OPPOSITE to what you asserted as true. People who make statements that directly contradict the very words of God are usually following some other religion besides the religion of Jesus Christ. In spite of protestations to the contrary.

Now it is often caused by being taught unscriptural traditions and just not discovering what the Bible actually says. But, teachers who don't hold fast the form of sound words as they were delivered probably shouldn't be teaching.

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 03-30-2022, 12:05 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Im not gossiping.
Did segruidojesus comes up in a conversation between you and these anonymous others? Did you talk about him, without his involvement, about how he left the Apostolic faith and became a Trinitarian, etc., and etc.?

If the answer is "yes" (you don't have to say whether it is or isn't), then, if it's not gossip, what would you call it? Again, you don't have to answer.

Quote:
You don't believe in spirits.
I don't believe in the spirits you claim exist. I believe that the spirits mentioned and detailed in the Bible, are real and exist.

You, however, are chasing un-Biblical phantoms derived from charismania nonsense and things like This Present Darkness, and other materials of such like, coupled with wild, uncorroborated tales from the mission field, perhaps unwittingly, or as you have been taught to believe, stemming mostly as it does from European exoteric spiritism beliefs from the 1700's to 1800's along with a generous helping of Mesmerism and Emanuel Swedenborg thrown the mix.

Old 03-30-2022, 01:35 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Quote:

Our covering is the Holy Ghost, not some cloth or scarf.
Just wanted to point something out:

If our covering is the Holy Ghost and not some cloth or scarf, then it isn't uncut hair, either.

Just sayin...