Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-03-2019, 11:06 AM
Sister Alvear

news letter

Dear Friends in the homeland:

We send our sweetest greetings to all in the precious name of our Lord Jesus from the hot northeast of Brazil.

Another year closed and before us is a brand new year and a ripe harvest for more precious souls in the harvests fields here.

Paul wrote to his beloved friends at Philippi in Philippians 1, “I thank my God upon every remembrance of you, Always in every prayer of mine for you all making request with joy…” Paul shared the kind of relationship with the believers at Philippi that caused him to thank God for them every time He brought them to his remembrance. Today, we can say we feel the same way about each of you. As a result of your faithful prayers and financial support we are able to continue doing what God has called us to do. From the bottom of our hearts, we thank you.

This past year we together with many helpers built churches, remodeled others, visited new areas, and drew up future plans for the Safe Home. We have conducted many teaching services and sent out hundreds and hundreds of Bible studies. We attended many special services, conducted a camp for married people in South Brazil, we were blessed to complete 50 years on the mission field. From the south to the north the east to the west there is revival in Brazil. I believe we are on the verge of the greatest spiritual harvest in history. And yet, I know there will be challenges.

I am reminded of Paul’s words to the Corinthians as recorded in 1 Corinthians 3:6-8 (ESV), “I planted, Apollos watered, but God gave the growth. So neither he who plants nor he who waters is anything, but only God who gives the growth. He who plants and he who waters are one, and each will receive his wages according to his labor.”
I rejoice that when someone comes to Christ through our ministry both missionary and our financial partners will one day share in that reward. It is an awesome privilege to be workers together!
The SAFE HOUSE has been slow, but right now we are engaged in a building project. If the Lord enables us to complete this project, or at least bring it to a usable level we will put a family in the caretakers house to begin a feeding program.
Once again we want to say a special thank you to all our supporters and may God bless you over and over again is our sincere prayer.
Just a reminder that all gifts sent to this ministry are tax deductible.

We love you so dearly in Christ and we will always pray for you.

Your Friends in Brazil
Bishop Raul and Janice Alvear

If it is for one of our direct needs please mark it on the check.
Facebook Janice LaVaun Taylor Alvear