Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > The Library > Café Blog-a-bit
Facebook

Notices

Café Blog-a-bit Our own cozy coffeehouse to congregate and share.

Old 02-26-2008, 08:36 AM
Registered Member

Re: Dora's Diaries Part Deux!

That is why I love the country..... no nosey neighbors and etc!
The only eyes watching are the birds, deer, squirrels,wild turkey, and whatever else is lurking behind the trees.

Our house sits in the middle of 5 acres and surrounded by trees on all sides. There is about 12 wooded acres seperating us from our nearest neighbor.
After living in close quarter neighborhoods or by the church, behind the church, in the church our entire married life this is heavenly bliss!
Old 02-26-2008, 09:51 AM
Registered Member

well, now I have to figure out how to subscribe to a thread again LOL
Old 02-26-2008, 11:34 AM
Go OLLU Armadillos!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jann View Post
That is why I love the country..... no nosey neighbors and etc!
The only eyes watching are the birds, deer, squirrels,wild turkey, and whatever else is lurking behind the trees.

Our house sits in the middle of 5 acres and surrounded by trees on all sides. There is about 12 wooded acres seperating us from our nearest neighbor.
After living in close quarter neighborhoods or by the church, behind the church, in the church our entire married life this is heavenly bliss!
Must be nice...guess you could run around nekkid!!!
Old 02-27-2008, 01:38 AM
Go OLLU Armadillos!!!

I'm lovin' this little song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXS0nEOx_20
Old 02-27-2008, 11:19 AM
krawlinson

Dora, I am new to the site. Are you kin to the Hammer's from the Pentecostals of Katy? This is the church I am now attending.

kelli
Old 02-27-2008, 08:35 PM
Go OLLU Armadillos!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by krawlinson View Post
Dora, I am new to the site. Are you kin to the Hammer's from the Pentecostals of Katy? This is the church I am now attending.

kelli
Yes. Shara is my first cousin on my dad's side. Our dads are brothers.
Old 02-28-2008, 10:06 AM
krawlinson

Now I understand some on McKenna's spunk (just from reading your different post)! Gosh that child is a hoot to watch!
Old 02-28-2008, 12:21 PM
Go OLLU Armadillos!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by krawlinson View Post
Now I understand some on McKenna's spunk (just from reading your different post)! Gosh that child is a hoot to watch!
She is so funny! The life of the party for sure! Don't think she got that from me though.
Old 02-29-2008, 06:45 PM
Go OLLU Armadillos!!!

Well, it's been kind of a weird Friday. Had a dentist's appointment this morning to have old silver filling removed and replaced with white material. So my mouth was numb for several hours. It was overcast and misty earlier in the day. Still a little bit cool but not so breezy.
It turned out to be a beautiful day once the clouds move on by.

Around 1:30PM the ex called and left a message saying that his aunt had committed suicide by overdosing on morphine. She had bone and lung cancer and was in major pain. Ex was quite glib about the whole thing. Apparently, out in California it's considered the "thing" to do when you find you have no family members to care for you and you are saddled with the prospect of living out the rest of your days in complete and utter misery. Ex seemed to think it was a very generous and selfless gesture for her to "off" herself and not become a burden to distant relative or nearby friends.

She had a friend who would check in on her every day who had a key to get in her place. So Auntie overdosed on morphine during the night and the friend found her the next morning. She had made arrangements with the Neptune Society to come pick up her body and do the cremation and notify her relatives. Also, she adamantly expressed that no funeral service be held for her and that no obituary be printed for her.

So sad... It really upset me, because Auntie and I were never able to resolve what happened when we visited in NY over the holidays last year. Ex had poisoned her against me and there was no way I could ever get back in her good graces after that.

Just leaves me with a sick knot in my stomach.

I let my mom know what happened...we're just stunned...

Mom plays Canasta online with a group of ladies and one of their friends had a major tragedy occur. Two of her boys were at school and one was home with her. She and her youngest son went to sleep and the trailer caught fire. A man was driving by and saw the flames. Was able to rescue the mom, but her son was killed in the fire.
My heart just breaks for this lady. Mom has become very good friends with these ladies. She sends fleece blankets to different ones after we have anointed and prayed over them - sort of like sending a prayer cloth.

Please pray for strength and comfort for this lady...she is in her mid 30's...Just devastating...

I had some work to do writing in chords for the Lutheran church music. So I packed up my laptop and my church music and now I'm hanging out at a neat little restaurant/coffee hang out called the Boerne Grill. So I'm almost finished with writing in the chords, Thank God!

One of my voice students is part of the praise band at the Methodist church here. They have a great band of musicians from the Lutheran, Presbyterian, and Assemblies churches. They have a contemporary service at the Methodist church every Saturday. So I'm going to play keys with them tomorrow night. Rehearsal starts at 4PM. We practice for about 2 hours, then service begins at 6PM (?). The pastor is a neat guy...he helps out with the praise singing...has a nice voice. I enjoy the fellowship. Very nice people.

just thought I'd touch base with y'all.

Love and Hugs!

Dora
Old 03-03-2008, 12:37 PM
Go OLLU Armadillos!!!

Ok! So it looks like I'll be in Single Land for a little while longer... I won't be writing about dates any more. Not the wisest thing anyway...

It is soooo cold here and super windy! I went to the bank to make a deposit and had the hardest time opening the door against the wind.