Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 02-04-2011, 12:47 PM
Banned

Re: Leave A Message For The Not So Departed Cons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressing-On View Post
Yes, it does get old and the cringing moments are what closes your ears to listen - from both sides of the spectrum. Each side has moments that, absolutely, make you cringe. I've cringed when comments have been dragged over here from the other forum. Both sides can be equally ugly and despicable. I wonder how many people will be lost because of our Hatfield and McCoy mentality? Very scary thought to stand before God on that one.
And even scarier is that we've all said things sometimes that make others cringe (including ourselves). Or maybe just the few "bad guys" on the forum...
Old 02-04-2011, 12:48 PM
Still Figuring It Out.

Quote:
LOL! So, my impression is that you are saying, "You didn't give me what I wanted so, all righty then." We can't find solutions that way. I am not going to personally change anything, but my underwear (), so why haggle about it?

Do you feel that you are in the will of God for your life right now?
Somebody's gotta lay down the gun first... right?
Old 02-04-2011, 12:49 PM
Not riding the train

Quote:
Originally Posted by Socialite View Post
Why does that have to always be viewed as drawing a gun, PO?
Because it comes across that way when you know very well you cannot change another person. It is like winning the lost, IMO. Someone walks into church, you know that only God can do the changing. So, why get in their face and demand it? It's just my personal view. I don't expect all to agree, especially, you, Socialite.

Quote:
Using things people are saying in real-time, not with a desire to personally attack them, but to discuss views, and even critique them shouldn't be such a big deal, should it?
I guess it's just something I don't do publicly and I wonder why other people want to.
Old 02-04-2011, 12:50 PM
Not riding the train

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digging4Truth View Post
Somebody's gotta lay down the gun first... right?
Sure. You didn't answer my question. Do you feel that you are in the will of God for your life at this moment?
Old 02-04-2011, 12:56 PM
Banned

Quote:
Because it comes across that way when you know very well you cannot change another person. It is like winning the lost, IMO. Someone walks into church, you know that only God can do the changing. So, why get in their face and demand it? It's just my personal view. I don't expect all to agree, especially, you, Socialite.

I guess it's just something I don't do publicly and I wonder why other people want to.
Ideas not People.

Sometimes this gets messy because some people are intimately connected to ideas. But that's not completely avoidable.

For example, the RM thread. My purpose wasn't to blast RM. My purpose was to turn that quote upside down and dissect why it's wrong. And honestly, I passionately felt that quote was thrashing the intent of the parable Jesus gave -- and in stark contrast to what the message was intended.

That's not to say in my time and posts on AFF (going back under a diff name(s)) that I haven't jumped into the pool of nastiness. I've been guilty. Not proud of it. Some times it was unavoidable. Other times, I just jumped on a wagon someone else revved up. But the way you presented this was if it's a pandemic on here.

If a major Apostolic News site posts falsities, and even calls out this very forum, I find it to be fair game to talk about.

We won't all agree on what's tactful. And sometimes we will (many of you have learned how to use the "flag post" feature quite well )
Old 02-04-2011, 12:58 PM
Ravaged by Grace

My message to the "Cons" would be, I love you, respect you, and believe in your passion for God. I would do anything I ever could to help you, serve you, and assist you.

What you consider to be my weakness, which is, open-armed acceptance of everyone regardless of their strengths or weaknesses or track records or performance records, could possibly become attractive to you should you ever arrive in a situation where you were rejected by your own, and even though you may scoff at that now, that wouldn't change my reaction to you should you ever need it.

I guess that's all I would have to say.
Old 02-04-2011, 12:59 PM
Still Figuring It Out.

Quote:
Sure. You didn't answer my question. Do you feel that you are in the will of God for your life at this moment?
*sigh*

I didn't answer your question. Nor did I comment on your statements in your other post because...

1. You said someone has to put the gun down first and the only way to do that is to stop the banter. I did try that but it keeps getting picked back up.
2. There were statements that have no relation to anything I am attempting to say.

The question you pose seems to lead to a thought that I must think that someone else is not in God's will... so... speaking of guns... that seems loaded.

But... I will answer your question. Yes ma'am. I absolutely do...

Now... I set the gun back down.

It's up to you to leave it laying... or pick it back up.
Old 02-04-2011, 01:00 PM
Still Figuring It Out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by notofworks View Post
My message to the "Cons" would be, I love you, respect you, and believe in your passion for God. I would do anything I ever could to help you, serve you, and assist you.

What you consider to be my weakness, which is, open-armed acceptance of everyone regardless of their strengths or weaknesses or track records or performance records, could possibly become attractive to you should you ever arrive in a situation where you were rejected by your own, and even though you may scoff at that now, that wouldn't change my reaction to you should you ever need it.

I guess that's all I would have to say.
Well said.
Old 02-04-2011, 01:02 PM
Not riding the train

Quote:
Originally Posted by Socialite View Post
Ideas not People.

Sometimes this gets messy because some people are intimately connected to ideas. But that's not completely avoidable.

For example, the RM thread. My purpose wasn't to blast RM. My purpose was to turn that quote upside down and dissect why it's wrong. And honestly, I passionately felt that quote was thrashing the intent of the parable Jesus gave -- and in stark contrast to what the message was intended.

That's not to say in my time and posts on AFF (going back under a diff name(s)) that I haven't jumped into the pool of nastiness. I've been guilty. Not proud of it. Some times it was unavoidable. Other times, I just jumped on a wagon someone else revved up. But the way you presented this was if it's a pandemic on here.

If a major Apostolic News site posts falsities, and even calls out this very forum, I find it to be fair game to talk about.

We won't all agree on what's tactful. And sometimes we will (many of you have learned how to use the "flag post" feature quite well )
I don't believe that I was presenting the issue as pandemic here. I cited, I believe, twice that it comes from both sides.

You RM thread was interesting, but you really set the precedent with the title of the thread, IMO. It still appears to be more personal than unlayering the truth of the Prodigal Son. Just, still, my observation. Now, you are still supposed to like me after I said that. Can you do it?

As to the Apostolic News responding to things here. I wouldn't have done it, but where did the information "start" to get them upset? I wouldn't want the starting place to be in my court. That's all I'm saying.
Old 02-04-2011, 01:08 PM
Not riding the train

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digging4Truth View Post
*sigh*

I didn't answer your question. Nor did I comment on your statements in your other post because...

1. You said someone has to put the gun down first and the only way to do that is to stop the banter. I did try that but it keeps getting picked back up.
Okay needed a little more explanation and then I would have understood.

Quote:
2. There were statements that have no relation to anything I am attempting to say.
Okay, I guess we read things because we can't, always, feel the intent behind the statements.

Quote:
The question you pose seems to lead to a thought that I must think that someone else is not in God's will... so... speaking of guns... that seems loaded.
No, because when someone says they are in the will of God, I believe that they mean what they say. How can I dispute that? I'm not God. That doesn't mean the journey for my life or their life is over and staying in that place. But, for every instance, I want to know and say that I am in the will of God.

Quote:
But... I will answer your question. Yes ma'am. I absolutely do...
Good.

Quote:
Now... I set the gun back down.

It's up to you to leave it laying... or pick it back up.
I was speaking of in relation to pushing people against the wall with their beliefs. I wasn't doing that to you. I only stated that if you are in the will of God, everything else that others are doing shouldn't be a big concern to you or me. God is going to take care of both of us and everyone else.

Why can't we just do what we know to do and stop haggling over what others are doing and believing?