Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 09-18-2018, 08:35 AM
Registered Member

Re: Hierarchies are for the World and not the Chur

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalledOut238 View Post
You’re speaking with a froward mouth. I wonder if you teach forwardness to your congregation or those here on your weekly sermons? You started it on the (MAGA?) thread calling me an Anti-Semite. Now I am a Jew Hater? I guess the next actor will be the crypto Jesuit Marino defender to follow up? You probably have the star of Remphan flying in your church.

Acts 7:43 (KJV) Yea, ye took up the tabernacle of Moloch, and the star of your god Remphan, figures which ye made to worship them: and I will carry you away beyond Babylon.

You’re in bed with the Synagogue of Satan and don’t even know it. How pathetic is that? I hate the Talmudic Judiacs teachings on pedophilia and murdering non-Jews. I have said that I separate the sinner from the sin and the Ideology for the people. If you are to ignorant to understand that concept that is your issue. But to call me fallacious names and then extend a hand of help is moronic.

Proverbs 8:13 (KJV) The fear of the LORD is to hate evil: pride, and arrogancy, and the evil way, and the froward mouth, do I hate.

Selah
More energy I like that!!!
Old 09-18-2018, 08:56 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esaias View Post
I don't really see a "need to fit a hierarchy" into 1 Cor 12 because I don't see that passage as anti hierarchical. The analogy is made between the church and the human body. Is there a hierarchy, of any kind, in the human anatomy? Yes, quite obviously. Certain organs and systems govern the direction and function of other organs and systems. And, that influence is mutual, because each part contributes to every other part. It is a mutually interdependent system with a functional hierarchy. Interestingly, that hierarchy is flexible, and depends on the situation. In one situation, one system may be providing direction, whereas in another different situation a different organ system or organ will provide direction or "govern the immediate activity of the body". As a representation of the church, the body analogy seems eminently suitable.

As for family, the human body is, essentially, an extended family of related cells, organs, etc. Each with a unique function and role in the body.
There is a broad scope defining hierarchy makes it easy to defend this position. Where it limits the textual usages to describe the uniqueness of the Body of Christ. Using the word position is probably not the best word since it can be linked to a hierarchy in a particular form and fashion.

Hierarchy

- A group of people who form an ascending chain of power or authority.
- Officers in a government, for example, form an escalating series of ranks or degrees of power, with each rank subject to the authority of the one on the next level above. In a majority of hierarchical arrangements, there are a larger number of people at the bottom than at the top.
- Originally, the term was used to mean government by a body of priests. Currently, a hierarchy is used to denote any body of individuals arranged or classified according to capacity, authority, position, or rank.

I would go back to a previous comment. Remember I have been taught when studying scripture; to focus on the audience that is being spoken to at the time, as well as the spiritual application for us today. Paul was dealing with spiritual preeminence of those who had certain gifts, ministries or claimed a higher status for their instructors.

The whole metaphor of the body is a dismantling of preeminence concerning ministries and gifts compared to others in the church. What was going in the church of Corinth. These converts wanted to use their gifts; or desired ministerial positions, to attain spiritual status. Also those that were taught by Paul or Apollos thought that gave them a pedigree compared to other converts. It was spiritual competition and Christian cronyism at its worst. Paul used this metaphorical teaching of the bodies dependency of each part to be able to function properly. We all cannot be Pastors or interpreters of tongues, but our Father has placed these saints in their positions to benefit the church. Neither are greater; nor of more importance than the other, but all are needed.

1Corinthinans 12:14 (KJV) For the body is not one member, but many.15 If the foot shall say, Because I am not the hand, I am not of the body; is it therefore not of the body?16 And if the ear shall say, Because I am not the eye, I am not of the body; is it therefore not of the body?17 If the whole body were an eye, where were the hearing? If the whole were hearing, where were the smelling? 18 But now hath God set the members every one of them in the body, as it hath pleased him.

I am sorry but the body is way to complex to categorize into a hierarchal format. And I believe that is why the Holyghost impressed upon Paul to speak on this fashion. Using the body is a brilliant way to show there is no ranking with interdependent parts depending upon each other.

http://www.britannica.com/science/human-body

We as humans attribute rankings to parts of the body like the eye, brain or heart. For feasibility purposes men like to compartmentalize to make complex concepts simple to understand. This classification technique is fine in understanding the physical world, but lacks for the spiritual macrocosm. I think Paul's statement in Corinthians sums it up best. Authority given is for edification and not subordination of the Body. And verse 12 exclaims it is unwise to focus on personalities and not the entirety of the Body.

2 Corinthians 10:8 (KJV) For though I should boast somewhat more of our authority, which the Lord hath given us for edification, and not for your destruction, I should not be ashamed:

2 Corinthians 10:12 (KJV) For we dare not make ourselves of the number, or compare ourselves with some that commend themselves: but they measuring themselves by themselves, and comparing themselves among themselves, are not wise.

Selah
Old 09-18-2018, 05:50 PM
Registered Member

What is a Jesuit Marino?
ALL pastors are hindrances and one should never have a pastor they will only abuse you and you will get hurt. Instead get your instructions from forum gurus that have never built a church.~Steve Epley.
Old 09-18-2018, 06:56 PM
Isaiah 56:4-5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evang.Benincasa View Post
What is a Jesuit Marino?
An assassin? Recently I was told that jesuit assassins infiltrated every Christian denomination to steer them toward one religion.
Old 09-18-2018, 08:33 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evang.Benincasa View Post
What is a Jesuit Marino?
It is a typing error for Jesuit Marrano. I guess spell check is a football fan. Where is a good scribe when you need one.

1Corinthians 1:20 Where is the wise? where is the scribe? where is the disputer of this world? hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world?

Selah