Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall > WPF News
Facebook

Notices

WPF News Discussion of the WWPF meetings in Tulsa and related sidetracks.

Old 07-01-2008, 01:27 PM
Go Dodgers!

Re: Apostolic Assembly News-surprising footage

I found the Pastor in Oxnard is not affected. Thank God. He is a good man and has been there a long time

1. There is One God. This one God reveals Himself distinctly as Father, Son and Holy Ghost.
  2. The Son is God himself in a human form or "God manifested in the flesh" (1Tim 3:16)
  3. Every sinner must repent of their sins.
  4. That Jesus name baptism is the only biblical mode of water baptism.
  5. That the Holy Ghost is for today and is received by faith with the initial evidence of speaking in tongues.
  6. The saint will go on to strive to live a holy life, pleasing to God.
Old 07-01-2008, 02:53 PM
*~*Jeanette*~*

I have been following this and it is very sad. My parents attend the church of the Pastor who first "ousted" the general board. I know God is with them but the whole situation has gone from bad to worse. My prayers are with the Apostolic Assembly members who are being affected by this.
Old 07-01-2008, 03:46 PM
Resident PeaceMaker

SisJean7 welcome to AFF In Jesus Name.I trust no believers lose out over this situation.
Old 07-01-2008, 03:52 PM
Pot Stirrer

I was told by 2 AA ministers that their youth are leaving
by the grooves. Just what I was told Haven't seen it for
myslef. Seems to be a huge Generational/ cultural gap
between Old and Young ?? This was conveyed to me ..
also, the youth that are leaving are going to the non -denominational
churches ( Joel OSteen tyep) ???
Old 07-01-2008, 03:55 PM
Resident PeaceMaker

I hope these folks leaving The AA would stay in a Oneness church or Oneness fellowship.
Old 07-01-2008, 05:17 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Alicea View Post
I wonder what CrazyHomie could add to this discussion ... his grandfather was the AA President in the 1960's??
Dan, this truly breaks my heart. However, it isn't surprising and isn't the first time this organization has been divided. My father was the interior district bishop and uncle the AA president, my mom served as ladies aux. national president for many years. The infighting and division in this movement is not new.

Bishop Rodriquez is an old family friend and a wonderful man of God.

I remember many nights going to bed listening to my father on the telephone arguing with other bishops. When my father was building his church in Riverside, the GB deceived him and turned against him. God is not mocked...whatsoever a man sows that shall he also reap.
Old 07-01-2008, 06:51 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by StMark View Post
I was told by 2 AA ministers that their youth are leaving
by the grooves. Just what I was told Haven't seen it for
myslef. Seems to be a huge Generational/ cultural gap
between Old and Young ?? This was conveyed to me ..
also, the youth that are leaving are going to the non -denominational
churches ( Joel OSteen tyep) ???
Levaing by the grooves is ok. When the start leaving by the droves is when you need to worry.
"I think some people love spiritual bondage just the way some people love physical bondage. It makes them feel secure. In the end though it is not healthy for the one who is lost over it or the one who is lives under the oppression even if by their own choice"

Titus2woman on AF
F

"We did not wear uniforms. The lady workers dressed in the current fashions of the day, ...silks...satins...jewels or whatever they happened to possess. They were very smartly turned out, so that they made an impressive appearance on the streets where a large part of our work was conducted in the early years.

"It was not until long after, when former Holiness preachers had become part of us, that strict plainness of dress began to be taught.

"Although Entire Sanctification was preached at the beginning of the Movement, it was from a Wesleyan viewpoint, and had in it very little of the later Holiness Movement characteristics. Nothing was ever said about apparel, for everyone was so taken up with the Lord that mode of dress seemingly never occurred to any of us."

Quote from Ethel Goss (widow of 1st UPC Gen Supt. Howard Goss) book "The Winds of God"
Old 07-01-2008, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by staysharp View Post
Dan, this truly breaks my heart. However, it isn't surprising and isn't the first time this organization has been divided. My father was the interior district bishop and uncle the AA president, my mom served as ladies aux. national president for many years. The infighting and division in this movement is not new.

Bishop Rodriquez is an old family friend and a wonderful man of God.

I remember many nights going to bed listening to my father on the telephone arguing with other bishops. When my father was building his church in Riverside, the GB deceived him and turned against him. God is not mocked...whatsoever a man sows that shall he also reap.
Lord, be merciful.
Old 07-01-2008, 09:14 PM
Endtimes

Well, for starters I am from the AA. I was originally in the UPCI for 10 years, then got married and went into the realm of the AA. Love both sides, good people on both sides. Without going to the depth of things, several here have posted on comments of the last day revival will come soon throughout all of this cloudy situation especially in the AA. Its Big!! IMO, I believe what has happened to the General Board of the AA is that they have been taken by $$, power(position), self-centered, that they have lost it completely! Its unbelievable. I believe GOD has brought up the light for the rest of us as to "Worship the LORD, not men" . They focus on "their organization and what is good for them, but forget what it is to REACH the lost".Men get caught up in power and positions that they forget what the real purpose is,-GOD.period. I could alot more but will rest at this point to say to all that thank you for having me on your forum. I believe that we are IN the endtime right now as we speak.
Old 07-01-2008, 09:15 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC1 View Post
Levaing by the grooves is ok. When the start leaving by the droves is when you need to worry.

"To see no being, not God’s or any, but you also go thither,
To see no possession but you may possess it—enjoying all without labor or purchase—
abstracting the feast, yet not abstracting one particle of it;…."

--Walt Whitman, Leaves of Grass, Song of the Open Road