Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > The Newsroom > Political Talk
Facebook

Notices

Political Talk Political News

Old 05-07-2013, 12:22 PM
Registered Member

Why we cannot "co-exist" with the Left

One conservative blogger put it well.......

Quote:
How can you deal with such people?

You can’t because they believe they have found The Answer — that secret knowledge that the man of the Right believes can only be known to God. The Left believes mankind can be perfected, whereas those on the Right know that Human Beings are, well, human, in the purest sense of the that word — they err and will always err, they are flawed and will always fail.

Thus, the Right seeks to craft governments and institutions that put checks on the damage erring men can do. The Left, on the other hand, believing that people can be perfected, sees no reason for such restraints. Their faith in the idea that the Eschaton can be Immanentized, leads them to brook no opposition because, well, how can you oppose the Illuminated Wisdom they have discovered unless you’re an idiot or a fool? It is a torturous logic they follow and it leads, inevitably, given the frustrations they will experience imposing it on their flawed fellow Human Beings, to them torturing their fellow Human Beings. And it has in every single place it has been tried.

So, there is no possible way normal reasonable people can deal with such people — nor should they because they will be outgunned every time because, unlike themselves, the Left will not feel any pressure to conform to the rules of Right Reason and civilization. The Right plays by a set of rules first forged by the hand of God on Mount Sinai; the Left makes up it rules as it goes along, believing the ends [Illumination, Heaven On Earth] justify the means [anything goes].

It is inevitable that the two sides will clash and that, eventually, the chances are very good that this clash will escalate to the battlefield. This is especially true in The United States, where the belief in constitutional government is the strongest.

The Left will not compromise in the ends they desire to force upon us — they are the most feverish and fervid and fanatical of believers, who are unbound to any sense of morality.
Old 05-07-2013, 01:49 PM
Banned

Re: Why we cannot "co-exist" with the Left

Quote:
Originally Posted by Originalist View Post
This is explains why the right is as nutty as a fruit cake and continues to let religion screw them out of votes.
Old 05-07-2013, 01:51 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Originalist View Post
The Left will not compromise in the ends they desire to force upon us — they are the most feverish and fervid and fanatical of believers, who are unbound to any sense of morality.

That was the best part. The right acts like they are the only ones who have morals.
Old 05-07-2013, 01:56 PM
Banned

Where did you find this?Do you have a link?
Old 05-07-2013, 01:57 PM
Registered Member

by all means fly to guayana and drink the koolaid. i'll donate for your trip.
Old 05-07-2013, 02:00 PM
Forever Loved Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dedicated Mind View Post
?
If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.
2 Chronicles 7:14 KJV

He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? Micah 6:8 KJV

Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is. 1 John 3:2 KJV
Old 05-07-2013, 02:09 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
DM, I thought of you when I read this blog.
Old 05-07-2013, 02:13 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by odooley6985 View Post
This is explains why the right is as nutty as a fruit cake and continues to let religion screw them out of votes.
You've got it backwards. It's the leftists who are RELIGIOUS in their pursuits.

Did you even read the blog? Or are you just not ready for the truth? The blogger didn't mention religion. He said that conservatism is built on the premise that man is bent towards error and law should be designed to protect our rights from men's error. The left, says the blogger, are the one's who feel they have the right to play God by forcing change on men. So who is nutty and religious? It's not the conservatives.

Last edited by Originalist; 05-07-2013 at 02:21 PM.
Old 05-07-2013, 02:14 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
It's you guys who drink the Kool aid and put a gun to the head of those who refuse to drink. This blogger described you very well.
Old 05-07-2013, 03:09 PM
Banned

ok, no need to get rude, guys. The fruit of politics, in action here.
Quote: