Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

View Poll Results: Should I have myself excomminicated from the RCC?
Yes 4 12.90%
No 27 87.10%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-25-2009, 09:25 AM
Registered Member

Re: Should I Get Excommunicated?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sept5SavedTeen View Post
You don't think this could be a radical or revolutionary kind of action to deny the superstitious and spiritual hold of the RCC on so many people?

-Bro. Alex
Alex you are young many of us in our youth and zeal alienated our families which caused our witness not to be heard and strained our family times. You are full of zeal now which is good but as the years go on you will learn family is a treasure don't cast it aside. Your stand is evidently noted GOD knows and your family knows and who cares about what the RCC official position is they do NOT count. Just enjoy Jesus and your family.
Old 05-25-2009, 09:28 AM
Love God, Love Your Neighbor

I think you've rejected Catholicism enough just by becoming Apostolic. No need to spit in the face of your family.
Old 05-25-2009, 09:30 AM
Supercalifragilisticexpiali...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Epley View Post
Alex you are young many of us in our youth and zeal alienated our families which caused our witness not to be heard and strained our family times. You are full of zeal now which is good but as the years go on you will learn family is a treasure don't cast it aside. Your stand is evidently noted GOD knows and your family knows and who cares about what the RCC official position is they do NOT count. Just enjoy Jesus and your family.
I agree - this is wisdom Alex.

I am a firm believer in the Old Paths

Articles on such subjects as "The New Birth," will be accepted, whether they teach that the new birth takes place before baptism in water and Spirit, or that the new birth consists of baptism of water and Spirit. - THE PENTECOSTAL HERALD Dec. 1945

"It is doubtful if any Trinitarian Pentecostals have ever professed to believe in three gods, and Oneness Pentecostals should not claim that they do." - Daniel Segraves
Old 05-25-2009, 09:38 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
I find this counsel to be interesting. And I take the counsel I receive from my brethren seriously, because I obviously don't know everything, and there are many that have gone before me.

I do just wonder about this, and I will ask this personal question to you Bro. Epley, if I remember correctly, your dad was a Baptist, and you later become apostolic and whatnot. Did you ever feel a sense of being annoyed due to the fact that your dad shut himself off to the truth? Did you not want to spend time with your family due to their constant rejection of truth? I am feeling a bit that way, and I wonder if this "alienating" feeling is wrong, or if others feel it, because what's worse is that these people claim to love Christ and then they don't follow HIM. I wonder if I should just block them out of my mind and whatnot.

-Bro. Alex
Old 05-25-2009, 09:43 AM
Registered Member

I see your point, its like there saying go ahead and play around with the apostolic thing,
Just keep your name on the rcc that way you go to heaven.
Being ex communicated would show that you dont have a fear of the rcc and that your faithful in your beliefs. I can see the temptation to go through with it. Especially since they seem to believe that until you go through with it you are still safe in the rcc's arms, no matter what life you choose.

But as tempting as it is I would agree with everyone else. Being on a churchs roll means nothing. Its not worth the potential problem's it could cause.
Old 05-25-2009, 09:50 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
You don't think this could be a radical or revolutionary kind of action to deny the superstitious and spiritual hold of the RCC on so many people?

-Bro. Alex
You have already denied the superstitious and spiritual hold of the RCC on so many people by obeying the gospel of Jesus-Christ ,your past has been already wiped clean I say leave it alone.
Old 05-25-2009, 09:59 AM
Don't ask.

Quote:
Alex leave it alone when you was born again that is all that matters to God you have made your stand don't totally alienate your family.
Actually, Jesus would be pleased with that result.

Matthew 10:35 For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law. 36 And a man's foes shall be they of his own household.

Luke 12:51 Suppose ye that I am come to give peace on earth? I tell you, Nay; but rather division: 52 For from henceforth there shall be five in one house divided, three against two, and two against three. 53 The father shall be divided against the son, and the son against the father; the mother against the daughter, and the daughter against the mother; the mother in law against her daughter in law, and the daughter in law against her mother in law.
Hebrews 13:23 Know ye that our brother Timothy is set at liberty

More New Stuff in Timmy Talk!
My Countdown Counting down to: Rapture. Again.
Why am I not surprised?
Old 05-25-2009, 10:04 AM
Wouldn't Take Nothin' For My Journey Now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Hoover View Post
I agree - this is wisdom Alex.
I agree that Bro. Epley's post is wisdom.

Little Brother, when God made a new Will and Covenant with Israel, it
cancelled out the old. Became null and void. Everything the Father had,
included His Name, was given to the Son by inheritance. Don't go back.
The Father (Spirit) took care of it.

The fruit that comes from your "tree" will be more convincing in the years
ahead, than being "excommunicated".
Just let (allow/permit" your light to
so shine that others might see your good works and glorify your Father in
heaven. The Spirit of the Father, inside the Son, inside us, will shine the
"True Light" out to a dark world, and glory to the Father (Deity,God), the
main source of POWER.Just as an electrical Power Plant, dispensed to many
smaller plants, and on out to transformers to each neighborhodd and to
every home, etc. But the Main Source (or where all the power come from)
is the Power Plant (Father/Spirit) is where all of the GLORY/POWER comes
from.

A brother offended is harder to be won than a strong city: and their contentions
are like the bars of a castle. Proverbs 18:19 KJV

Hugs,

Falla39
Old 05-25-2009, 10:11 AM
Wouldn't Take Nothin' For My Journey Now!

Quote:
I find this counsel to be interesting. And I take the counsel I receive from my brethren seriously, because I obviously don't know everything, and there are many that have gone before me.

I do just wonder about this, and I will ask this personal question to you Bro. Epley, if I remember correctly, your dad was a Baptist, and you later become apostolic and whatnot. Did you ever feel a sense of being annoyed due to the fact that your dad shut himself off to the truth? Did you not want to spend time with your family due to their constant rejection of truth? I am feeling a bit that way, and I wonder if this "alienating" feeling is wrong, or if others feel it, because what's worse is that these people claim to love Christ and then they don't follow HIM. I wonder if I should just block them out of my mind and whatnot.

-Bro. Alex

What did Jesus DO! WDJD!

He came to his own and his own received him NOT. Did he block them out of
his mind! He died for their sins. And not theirs only BUT for the sins of the
whole word. The Father in him loved the world. God is no respector of persons.
One Father made the world and all that is therein. The Father gave Jesus
the instructions as to what to do and he did it. He will instruct/teach us
all things too, by the Holy Ghost which dwells within us.

Falla39
Old 05-25-2009, 10:28 AM
Registered Member

Location: just north of the celtics red sox and patriots go baby!

my dad always told me that" someone convinced against their will is of their own opinion still" why would you want to convince them against their will? it accompishes nothing in the end.