Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 01-12-2018, 04:42 PM
Registered Member

Re: Apostoic worship??

Quote:
Esaias

There most certainly are wrong ways to worship God. Jesus said the Pharisees' worship was in vain, it was empty, pointless, useless, and unacceptable to God. Why? Because they taught as doctrine the commandments of men. In other words, they took their own ideas and taught them as though they were the ideas of God, acceptable to God, the proper method to serve God, etc. That man-made worship of God is declared by Jesus to be vain. He said they were hypocrites, they honoured God with their mouths but their hearts were far away from God. Why? What determined that to be the case? It was because their religion, their worship, was man created, it was not God created. It was man directed, not God directed. It was of man, not of God.
So seeing how what you said cannot be denied where does that leave the Oneness Pentecostal movement?

Do they teach for doctrines the commandments of men?

Pre trib, instant Heaven at death, Eternal torture for millions of ages? Men being sinful if they grow their beard? Women going to eternal hell for trimming their hair? No covering when they pray and prophesy, Catholic celebrations of Christmas and Easter?

So seeing the pile of heresies that are believed by ALMOST all Oneness Pentecostals, should you embrace their worship? Is the Spirit really moving as they jump pews, run into each other while running, fall in the floor, roll in the floor, ect?

Defining worship as you have stated many times as truth?

Sub defining it as the way one praises the Lord?

I mean after all the one who STARTED THE THREAD was actually addressing some of the "odd" things concerning "Apostolic worship" in the sense of THE WAY they praise the Lord.
Old 01-12-2018, 05:05 PM
Happily "off the chain"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael The Disciple View Post
So seeing how what you said cannot be denied where does that leave the Oneness Pentecostal movement?
I'm a Christian. I follow the Bible. If anyone thinks I don't then please let me know and lay it out, line upon line, book chapter and verse.

I have long ago lost interest in being part of some "movement". I am in fellowship with everyone in so far as they are in fellowship with Scripture. If someone departs from Scripture, well, that's their problem, not mine.

I have posted numerous times Biblical examples of worship. I have posted how God sees worship. We either get on board with His program, or do our own thing and burn in a lake of fire at the end. Our "Oneness Pentecostal", "charismatic", "Jesus People", or "Tom, Dick, and Harry" labels will avail nothing.

I identify as "apostolic" meaning I try to follow the faith and practice of the apostles. Oneness Pentecostals are a diverse group, like Baptists or "Reformed" groups. Nobody will enter the kingdom waving their favorite group's flag. We either belong to Christ and His One Apostolic church, as described in Scripture, or we will find ourselves thrust out.

It's HIS kingdom, HIS church, not the Baptists, charismatics, Pentecostals, Presbyterians, post tribbers, no tribbers, or whateverelseyouwannacallemibbers. He's the King, His word is Law, and He offers us all a chance to ride His train. "Our" trains are going off the rails, every single one of them.

Instead of google, use www.yandex.com

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - http://www.robertwr.com/

Old 01-12-2018, 05:07 PM
Happily "off the chain"

BTW, happy Sabbath to all!

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Old 01-12-2018, 05:36 PM
Happily "off the chain"

Do you all rejoice in the Lord in a Biblical manner? Are you fervent in spirit?

Fervent prayer and worship:
Not slothful in business; fervent in spirit; serving the Lord; (Romans 12:11)
(fervent: zeō
Thayer's Definition:
1) to boil with heat, be hot
1a) used of water
1b) metaphorically
1b1) used of boiling anger, love, zeal, for what is good or bad etc.
1b2) fervent in spirit, said of zeal for what is good)
Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much. (James 5:16)
(effectual fervent: The Greek word (ἐνεργουμένη energoumenē) would be better rendered by the word energetic, which indeed is derived from it. The word properly refers to that which has power; which in its own nature is fitted to produce an effect. It is not so much that it actually does produce an effect, as that it is fitted to do it. This is the kind of prayer referred to here. It is not listless, indifferent, cold, lifeless, as if there were no vitality in it, or power, but that which is adapted to be efficient - earnest, sincere, hearty, persevering. - Barnes' Notes)
But let all those that put their trust in thee rejoice: let them ever shout for joy, because thou defendest them: let them also that love thy name be joyful in thee. (Psalm 5:11)
be joyful = ‛âlats
aw-lats'
A primitive root; to jump for joy, that is, exult: - be joyful, rejoice, triumph.
Be glad in the LORD, and rejoice, ye righteous: and shout for joy, all ye that are upright in heart. (Psalm 32:11)
rejoice = gı̂yl gûl
gheel, gool
A primitive root; properly to spin around (under the influence of any violent emotion), that is, usually rejoice, or (as cringing) fear: - be glad, joy, be joyful, rejoice.
Whom having not seen, ye love; in whom, though now ye see him not, yet believing, ye rejoice with joy unspeakable and full of glory: (1Peter 1:8)
ye rejoice = agalliaō
ag-al-lee-ah'-o
properly to jump for joy, that is, exult: - be (exceeding) glad, with exceeding joy, rejoice (greatly).

Old 01-12-2018, 05:38 PM
Happily "off the chain"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esaias View Post
BTW, I agree there is a lot of hype going on. We got better music and worse marriages, more polished preaching and more blatant immorality, higher education and lower standards, and deeper feeling and shallower consecration. Padded pews and no callouses on the knees.

Probably time for a shakeup...
bump

Old 01-12-2018, 05:42 PM
Registered Member

The last Apostolic Church I attempted to be part of in the local area put it like this. As the people were praising/worshipping as many (not all) Apostolic Churches do with jerkings, wailings, marching around the building, Pastor made the statement I have heard from other Pentecostal Preachers over the decades.

If you dont worship the way they do you dont have the Holy Ghost.

Last edited by Michael The Disciple; 01-12-2018 at 05:59 PM.
Old 01-12-2018, 05:51 PM
Happily "off the chain"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael The Disciple View Post
The last Apostolic Church I attempted to be part of in the local area put it like this. As the people were praising/worshipping as many (not all) Apostolic Churches do with jerkings, wailings, marching around the building, Pastor made the statement I have heard from other Pentecostal Preachers over the decades.

If you dont worship the way they do you dont have the Holy Ghost.

That was our last time there.
I have never heard a Oneness Pentecostal (let alone apostolic) preacher make such a statement. Here, south of the Mason-Dixon Line, such a thing would be considered to be just plain bad taste and rather boorish.

Perhaps you could lay out the Scriptures which define acceptable biblical worship?

Old 01-12-2018, 06:08 PM
Registered Member

One question for anyone here.

Do you believe that there are Charismatics or Trinity Pentecostals who DO have the Holy Spirit baptism?

The question is NOT will they be saved IN THE END.
Old 01-12-2018, 06:09 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esaias View Post
I have never heard a Oneness Pentecostal (let alone apostolic) preacher make such a statement. Here, south of the Mason-Dixon Line, such a thing would be considered to be just plain bad taste and rather boorish.

Perhaps you could lay out the Scriptures which define acceptable biblical worship?
Hmmmm

To me reading your posts here seems to me like you have certainly implied the same thing many times.
Old 01-12-2018, 06:18 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
I would be putting probably the same ones you have posted. Perhaps the problem I have with your explanations is you SEEM to lump all "Charismatics" together as if they all are the same.

And if you see them singing to God it can only be criticized. If they would be falling down or laughing they would be criticized. Yet if they were quiet and still they would be criticized.

Or they would be all under the reign or at least seeking the reign of the pope.

If Charismatics would use lights to enhance worship that would be of satan. But if Apostolics used ELECTRIC GUITARS OR DRUMS to do the same it would be anointed!