Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > The Newsroom
Facebook

Notices

The Newsroom FYI: News & Current Events, Political Discussions, etc.

Old 07-17-2008, 05:16 PM
Registered Member

Re: Singer/Pastor Hezekiah Walker To Become Bishop

Quote:
Originally Posted by PraiseHymn View Post
I will tell you the whole story. First, Bishop is an Overseer. Pastor Walker has 3 main churches (Brooklyn, NYC, Bensalem PA and Africa) and a whole bunch of other Love Fellowships throughout the United States that he himself does not pastor, but are pastored by those that have been sent out by him.

My Pastor (Bishop Bonner) listened to Walker preach at Greater Refuge some time ago and litterally pulled Walker into his office at the end of church. Bishop Bonner repented to Walker for treating him bad over the years because of the things the had heard. He then stated that he saw the Power of God over his life and the anointing working through him as a Bishop and my Pastor volunteered to consecrate Walker a Bishop as he stated THE LORD TOLD HIM TO.

Thats the story in a nut shell. You have father asking for forgiveness of his son, after clearly seeing that the rumors had no "current" validity to it, you have father now consecrating son into the bishopric.

Are there people within the organization that are mad. YES! Very. Why? Various reasons...however this is something between Bishop Bonner and Pastor Walker.
I picture that happening when a leader nears the age of 90.
Old 07-17-2008, 05:20 PM
Saved And Sanctified Since 1992

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Alicea View Post
Surely he will have to keep with the COOLJC's strong teachings against divorce and remarraige.

Does he teach this in his own church?

I have a friend and former colleague who was w/ them.

By the way, our Bishops license application does state one cannot be divorced and remarried with a living spouse. Walker is just divorced and never remarried. (or is he really divorced???? because word is he still wears his wedding ring AND just says he is separated from Monique Walker......who knows).
Old 07-17-2008, 05:20 PM

I have tremendous respect for Bishop Bonner ... his work in Harlem and other areas is tremendous.

As men get older and even face their own mortality... if they have a true relationship w/ Christ ... they learn to lean on Him more and no longer are concerned w/ popular opinions or traditions ... they learn to obey the voice of God.

I believe this is the case here.
Old 07-17-2008, 05:28 PM
Matthew 7:6

Quote:
The answer is "it remains to be seen". When Walker left the Church of Our Lord over 16 years ago now, he changed some doctrinal views (i.e. women clergy, divorce and remarriage and the whole "sinners prayer" being repeat before one is saved) HOWEVER.........word around the organization is that he is NOT bringing Love Fellowship into the Church of Our Lord, he will only be ordained a Bishop under the organization. Bishop Kenneth Moals out of Conneticut is still Walkers covering at present date (as you can see from the flyer). But even Moals recognized that when Bonner speaks, all of his children and grandchildren and other off spring have to listen. Thats the respect the Black Apostolic Church gives my pastor. Again, since Bonner is the Chief Apostle, he does what he wants when he wants. We have always been known to be an organization that is a "one man show" unfortunately. Is it right? Not necessarily, however this is something that Walker and Bonner have worked out, and the organization has no choice but to accept it and move on or reject it and keep on trucking. I tell you one thing, the Church Of Our Lords standards no matter what local assembly is teaching contrary will NOT be changing as long as Bonner is alive. Just think of Bonner as a Black Pope. What he says is golden and his office will never be vacant as long as he lives. Also word is once Bonner does pass away (no time soon) there will never be another Chief Apostle in the organization. Just a presider. We shall see.
Bro, as far as you know, has there ever been talk of Hezekiah and Monique Walker reconciling?

Also, does LFC have a web site?
I haven't been able to find one, even though I've looked for it a few times.

I'm T France, and I approved this message.
Old 07-17-2008, 05:28 PM
Resident PeaceMaker

All I can say is I done things that I am not proud of and don't want them blasted all over the net and such,but I'm thankful for repentance and grace.
Certainly living in sin in not acceptable for anybody,but God can restore the fallen.
If the Bishop accepts this man as a brother then it works for me.
Old 07-17-2008, 05:34 PM
Saved And Sanctified Since 1992

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRFrance View Post
Bro, as far as you know, has there ever been talk of Hezekiah and Monique Walker reconciling?
At times I hear that YES they may one day, other times I hear Monique is saying NO not at all. I guess everyone has just stopped praying for reconciliaton concernin the two including Monique and Pastor Walker.

I was a part of Love Fellowship when all of that went down, needless to say it was not nice at all going to church on sundays and seeing she no longer was there. This is not the reason why I left and went COOLJC, however I do wish they could get back together. I litteraly was on the Crusade Choir at 14 prior to them even getting married. Before there only child Kyasia was born. It really hurt me when all of that stuff happened. Now at 30, I've just moved on from the whole matter.

Nope, site http://www.lovefellowship.net/ is not up yet.
Old 07-17-2008, 05:42 PM
Resident PeaceMaker

PraiseHymn your concern for this situation is touching,you do seem to have a heart for people,and thank God for it.
Old 07-17-2008, 05:56 PM
Matthew 7:6

If I may toss in my 2 cents on this...I must say I find it disturbing that some of my Apostolic brethren seem to have no trouble trafficking gay rumors about Apostolic preachers/pastors.

If something is a known fact, then the church should deal with it... but seeing apostolics trafficking in unconfirmed rumor and innuendo about a man's sexuality is a bit perturbing to me.

I'm T France, and I approved this message.
Old 07-17-2008, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRFrance View Post
If I may toss in my 2 cents on this...I must say I find it disturbing that some of my Apostolics brethren seem to have no trouble trafficking gay rumors about Apostolic preachers/pastors.

If something is a known fact, then the church should deal with it... but seeing apostolics trafficking in unconfirmed rumor and innuendo about a man's sexuality is a bit perturbing to me.
Agreed.
Old 07-17-2008, 06:36 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
http://www.urbanroundup.com/eBLAST/p...ezekiahWalker/

Well, Pastor Walker comes back to his Apostolic roots by being ordained a Biship within the Church of Our Lord Jesus Christ of the Apostolic Faith this year in Atlanta, GA.
Really?! That IS news...