Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

View Poll Results: Will Roe v Wade be overturned?
Yes 9 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-30-2022, 09:06 PM
Registered Member

Re: Roe v Wade?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esaias View Post
I have no friends on social media. Problem solved.
I got an email long ago that said three people had unfriended me on FB. Just before I panicked and went into the fetal position, I remembered, I don’t have a FB account.

It really did happen.
Old 07-01-2022, 07:23 AM
New User

They don’t email you for that…
Old 07-02-2022, 10:35 AM
Registered Member

It's amazing how young people are conditioned about the issue by bringing in completely illogical arguments against pro-life. I spoke with two young people recently about the issue and they tried to prove pro-choice is better because:

*The same people that are pro-life are pro-gun.

*The same people that are pro-life usually would never adopt a baby.

What on earth does that have to do with whether or not the unborn child is a human being that is murdered in an abortion???!!!!

They distract from the real argument for abortion. This is obvious, but if people regarded the unborn child as an actual human life the way they do with animals, the convenience argument would fade away immediately.

Americans are fined $250,000 if they destroy an eagle egg, along with 10 years in prison. And yet unborn babies are encouraged to be killed so that women aren't inconvenienced in life with another child. Priorities are so upside down that it's unbelievable.

Only 12% of planned abortions are for health reasons or cases of the mental health following incest, while the majority by 3 to 4 times is focused on not being inconvenienced during schooling, or in times when other children need to be focused upon. The entire time, people are not focusing on whether or not that's an actual human life.

I saw some celebrity who posted an article saying her abortion saved her life. That is only 12% of the reasons people get abortions though. You do not see them write about how abortion is so necessary because they were inconvenienced.

"Many Christians do not try to understand what was written in a verse in the Bible. Instead they approach the passage to prove what they already believe."
Old 07-02-2022, 12:14 PM
J.esus i.s t.he o.ne God (463)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfblume View Post
I saw some celebrity who posted an article saying her abortion saved her life. That is only 12% of the reasons people get abortions though. You do not see them write about how abortion is so necessary because they were inconvenienced.
Abortions to save the life of the mother are virtually unheard of, at least if they're being honest and it's a physical malady rather than them claiming it's a mental health crisis. If there's a physical issue threatening the mother's life, then that's typically easy to detect very early on (and potentially correct). If it's somehow only detected later in pregnancy, then they would be just as well off to do a C-Section instead of an abortion.

I would argue that 12% number is vastly overinflated, even. Forced abortions (as opposed to a miscarriage) to save the mother's life are extremely rare.
Sometimes hidden dangers spring on us suddenly. Those are out of our control. But when one can see the danger, and then refuses to arrest , all in the name of "God is in control", they are forfeiting God given, preventive opportunities.
Old 07-02-2022, 01:45 PM
New User

Quote:
The same people that are pro-life usually would never adopt a baby.
Pro-lifers want the baby to come to term, but won’t care for a child that needs a loving home. That is their position. That after the child is born no one cares what happens after that.
Old 07-02-2022, 02:21 PM
Jesus is the only Lord God

Quote:
Originally Posted by diakonos View Post
Pro-lifers want the baby to come to term, but won’t care for a child that needs a loving home. That is their position. That after the child is born no one cares what happens after that.
Also,why are pro lifers (who are generally evangelicals) interested in unbelievers populating the earth with more unbelievers who are going to feed into the gay agenda anyway?

Pro lifers don’t care about the babies cos once they are born, they complain about the babies being on welfare. Might as well let the pro choice people minimize the progeny…

The pro life thing is just to score cheap political points. Let the unbelievers limit their progeny and let the believers AMPLIFY their progeny.
...Testifying both to the Jews, and also to the Greeks, repentance toward God, and faith toward our Lord Jesus Christ...(Acts 20:21)
Old 07-02-2022, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by diakonos View Post
Care to provide some proof to support this assertion? I know it's the favorite talking point of the left, but they spout it off without any evidence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGBTG View Post
Also,why are pro lifers (who are generally evangelicals) interested in unbelievers populating the earth with more unbelievers who are going to feed into the gay agenda anyway?

Pro lifers don’t care about the babies cos once they are born, they complain about the babies being on welfare. Might as well let the pro choice people minimize the progeny…

The pro life thing is just to score cheap political points. Let the unbelievers limit their progeny and let the believers AMPLIFY their progeny.
So you believe the children should suffer for the sins of the parents? Their parents don't believe in God, so let them kill their kids? Is that seriously your position?
Sometimes hidden dangers spring on us suddenly. Those are out of our control. But when one can see the danger, and then refuses to arrest , all in the name of "God is in control", they are forfeiting God given, preventive opportunities.
Old 07-02-2022, 04:09 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfblume View Post
It's amazing how young people are conditioned about the issue by bringing in completely illogical arguments against pro-life. I spoke with two young people recently about the issue and they tried to prove pro-choice is better because:

*The same people that are pro-life are pro-gun.

*The same people that are pro-life usually would never adopt a baby.

What on earth does that have to do with whether or not the unborn child is a human being that is murdered in an abortion???!!!!

They distract from the real argument for abortion. This is obvious, but if people regarded the unborn child as an actual human life the way they do with animals, the convenience argument would fade away immediately.

Americans are fined $250,000 if they destroy an eagle egg, along with 10 years in prison. And yet unborn babies are encouraged to be killed so that women aren't inconvenienced in life with another child. Priorities are so upside down that it's unbelievable.

Only 12% of planned abortions are for health reasons or cases of the mental health following incest, while the majority by 3 to 4 times is focused on not being inconvenienced during schooling, or in times when other children need to be focused upon. The entire time, people are not focusing on whether or not that's an actual human life.

You need to update your number brother:

https://www.hli.org/resources/why-women-abort/

Hard Cases are only 3.5%

1.14% are done to save the life or physical health of the mother.
1.28% to preserve the mental health of the mother.
0.39% in cases of rape or incest.
0.69% for fetal birth defects, or eugenics.
3.50% for all the hard cases combined.
96.50% of all abortions are therefore performed for social or economic reasons.2
If the "to preserve the mental health of the mother" is taken out as a very subjective case, it leaves only with 2.22% of real "hard cases".

Last edited by coksiw; 07-02-2022 at 04:13 PM.
Old 07-02-2022, 05:02 PM
Jesus is the only Lord God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jito463 View Post
So you believe the children should suffer for the sins of the parents? Their parents don't believe in God, so let them kill their kids? Is that seriously your position?
If they abort their kids, the kids automatically go to heaven.

If they have the kids, there’s a high chance the kids will be brainwashed into the gay agenda and end up in hell.

Explain to me how abortion is the worse option.
...Testifying both to the Jews, and also to the Greeks, repentance toward God, and faith toward our Lord Jesus Christ...(Acts 20:21)
Old 07-02-2022, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGBTG View Post
If they abort their kids, the kids automatically go to heaven.

If they have the kids, there’s a high chance the kids will be brainwashed into the gay agenda and end up in hell.

Explain to me how abortion is the worse option.
By your logic, all children should be aborted before being born. After all, why go through the hardships of life, when you can just be murdered in the womb and avoid all of it? That's a sick view of life.