Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Sanctuary > Prayer Closet
Facebook

Notices

Prayer Closet The place to post prayer requests & testimonies. All new requests will auto-stick in Fellowship Hall for 48 hours.

Old 03-06-2022, 05:53 AM
Registered Member

Prayer for Economic Provision

After 2 years of economic normalcy, I will be losing my teaching job on May 28, 2022. This is happening because my temporary teaching certification expires then and I have not completed all the requirements to obtain a permanent certification. Even though I have a Master's degree in History, I m still required in Florida to take 15 hours of education courses (that's five 3 hour classes) to be certified. They only give you 2 years to complete this and the workload of the job itself makes it impossible to take college courses during the school year. Furthermore, I don't want to pay the 3 THOUSAND dollars out of pocket to do so.

So, at 56 years old. still raising kids, I will be out of a job, again. But I had doubts that public high school is where God wanted me anyway. I get along great with the kids, but it is the most ridiculous jo I have ever had, especially with everything being centered around standardized testing.

Please pray for us and thanks.

Last edited by Originalist; 03-06-2022 at 06:14 AM.
Old 03-06-2022, 06:09 AM
Covenant Apostolic

Re: Prayer for Economic Provision

A relative of mine left the teaching profession, obtained a real estate license, and is now making tons of money. Just a thought.
Old 03-06-2022, 09:05 AM
Covenant Apostolic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanah View Post
A relative of mine left the teaching profession, obtained a real estate license, and is now making tons of money. Just a thought.
How much does it cost to get a Florida real estate license?
The licensing fee for a Florida Real Estate Sales Associate is $83.75. The fee to take the exam is $36.75. Other costs associated with getting your license may include fingerprinting fees and Pre-Licensing course tuition, which can vary depending on the course package and school.

How much Continuing Education do I need as a Florida real estate license?
The state of Florida requires 14 hours of Broker and Sales license Continuing Education. These Continuing Education requirements must be completed every two years based on when you initially took your licensing exam.

Do you need to have a diploma or GED to get your Florida real estate license?
To attain a Florida real estate license, applicants must hold a high school diploma or its equivalent, such as a GED.

How do I apply for the Florida real estate license exam?
Visit this site to view information regarding the exam, including schedules, cancellation policy, details regarding the exam, and a link to schedule your exam.

Can I get a Florida real estate license online?
Yes, course requirements to become a Florida sales associate can be completed online.

Does Florida recognize a real estate license from my state?
Currently, Florida has licensing reciprocity with seven states. If you have a license in Alabama, Arkansas, Connecticut, Georgia, Illinois, Mississippi, or Nebraska, the license is mutually recognized. If not, you will have to go through the typical Pre-Licensing education requirements and take the requisite examination.

https://www.theceshop.com/florida/pr...20and%20school.
Old 03-06-2022, 01:28 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanah View Post
Thanks for the info. I actually am attempting to open a landscaping plant and fruit plant nursery. Of course, that will take a couple of years to turn a profit.
Old 03-06-2022, 01:45 PM
Covenant Apostolic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Originalist View Post
Thanks for the info. I actually am attempting to open a landscaping plant and fruit plant nursery. Of course, that will take a couple of years to turn a profit.
In Florida?
Old 03-06-2022, 04:37 PM
Believe, Obey, Declare

Quote:

Have you looked into Aquaponics?
Old 03-06-2022, 07:46 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
After 2 years of economic normalcy, I will be losing my teaching job on May 28, 2022. This is happening because my temporary teaching certification expires then and I have not completed all the requirements to obtain a permanent certification. Even though I have a Master's degree in History, I m still required in Florida to take 15 hours of education courses (that's five 3 hour classes) to be certified. They only give you 2 years to complete this and the workload of the job itself makes it impossible to take college courses during the school year. Furthermore, I don't want to pay the 3 THOUSAND dollars out of pocket to do so.

So, at 56 years old. still raising kids, I will be out of a job, again. But I had doubts that public high school is where God wanted me anyway. I get along great with the kids, but it is the most ridiculous jo I have ever had, especially with everything being centered around standardized testing.

Please pray for us and thanks.
My advice, that you didn’t solicit:
Never overlook the possibility that God is closing one door to open a better one for you.

My prayers that you did request is that this is exactly what is happening.

My experience is that often a closed door is a blessing in disguise. It has happened to me several times. I have come to expect it and am thankful for it.
Old 03-06-2022, 09:56 PM
Registered Member

The fact that you didn't take five courses over two years when you easily(?) could have means your heart wasn't in it. You would have made a way if you really wanted to.

Not a criticism, as I'm mostly out of teaching myself - it's a thankless job.

Best wishes and prayers for your next chapter.
Old 03-07-2022, 05:33 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by seguidordejesus View Post
The fact that you didn't take five courses over two years when you easily(?) could have means your heart wasn't in it. You would have made a way if you really wanted to.

Not a criticism, as I'm mostly out of teaching myself - it's a thankless job.

Best wishes and prayers for your next chapter.
When is there time to take college courses during the school year? I take the job home every night and weekend. I took one last Summer. Another factor is the general knowledge exam which includes algebra. I have been taking part-time refresher courses in algebra so I can pass a test to be a history teacher. I failed it once, and it is dollars a pop. I assure you, I have killed myself trying.
Old 03-07-2022, 06:41 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
When is there time to take college courses during the school year? I take the job home every night and weekend. I took one last Summer. Another factor is the general knowledge exam which includes algebra. I have been taking part-time refresher courses in algebra so I can pass a test to be a history teacher. I failed it once, and it is dollars a pop. I assure you, I have killed myself trying.
I got a masters in English while teaching, but I didn't have any kids at the time. Something always has to give somewhere. I'm definitely not trying to criticize you as the demands on teachers are way more than they should be.