Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Sanctuary > Deep Waters
Facebook

Notices

Deep Waters 'Deep Calleth Unto Deep ' -The place to go for Ministry discussions. Please keep it civil. Remember to discuss the issues, not each other.

Old 02-21-2009, 03:41 PM
Registered Member

Why does God let the wicked prosper?

Job 21:7-15 Wherefore do the wicked live, become old, yea, are mighty in power? Their seed is established in their sight with them, and their offspring before their eyes. Their houses are safe from fear, neither is the rod of God upon them. Their bull gendereth, and faileth not; their cow calveth, and casteth not her calf. They send forth their little ones like a flock, and their children dance. They take the timbrel and harp, and rejoice at the sound of the organ. They spend their days in wealth, and in a moment go down to the grave. Therefore they say unto God, Depart from us; for we desire not the knowledge of thy ways. What is the Almighty, that we should serve him? and what profit should we have, if we pray unto him?
His banner over me is LOVE.... My soul followeth hard after thee....Love one another with a pure heart fervently. Jesus saith unto her, Said I not unto thee, that, if thou wouldest believe, thou shouldest see the glory of God?

To be a servant of God, it will cost us our total commitment to God, and God alone. His burden must be our burden... Sis Alvear
Old 02-21-2009, 03:45 PM
Jesus' Name Pentecostal

Re: Why does God let the wicked prosper?

Many years ago a man named Asaph wondered the same thing.

He wrote about it in what we now call Psalm 73 in most Bibles (Psalm 72 in some Bibles like the LXX)
Old 02-21-2009, 04:22 PM
Registered Member

He allows the wicked to " so called prosper " so that their personal cup can fill to the top and then He pours all their wrongs back on them to the last drop . It's like the " Anti-Folgers " slogan " Bad to the last drop " .
Old 02-21-2009, 04:25 PM
Registered Member

I think because the wicked man's portion is in this life. Something Abraham reminded the rich man when he lifted up his eyes in hell.
His banner over me is LOVE.... My soul followeth hard after thee....Love one another with a pure heart fervently. Jesus saith unto her, Said I not unto thee, that, if thou wouldest believe, thou shouldest see the glory of God?

To be a servant of God, it will cost us our total commitment to God, and God alone. His burden must be our burden... Sis Alvear
Old 02-21-2009, 07:06 PM
First Lady

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizpeh View Post
I think because the wicked man's portion is in this life. Something Abraham reminded the rich man when he lifted up his eyes in hell.
Been wondering the same thing. We bust our tails and work like dogs for the kingdom, and then BLAM we get slapped, and we're left wondering what in the world we've done, and then in the next breath, we see the "unrighteous" doing their thang, and "being blessed" and if you're not really careful, it can cause so much resentment and anger and mistrust.

I know, been there got the t-shirt dude.

Their portion may be right now, but that's hard to remember when you're picking yourself up off the floor, or putting yourself on the floor face down so you can keep your spirit right.

I think that's the hardest thing to do is keep your spirit quiet and under control when you are under the gun, and seeing those that don't live right "prospering" and you are struggling to keep it all together. You have to just kill your flesh and choke it to keep it under and not lashing out at everything that rings of the unfairness of it all.

Sorry to rant, been struggling with some of these very thoughts this week..
Old 02-21-2009, 07:17 PM
Registered Member

I have also been questioning this very same topic. When you struggle to survive working for God and see the wicked prospering, it's hard. I guess God just wants us to trust Him. We are God's trophies because we don't just serve Him for earthly "perks" but for the eternal ones.
Old 02-21-2009, 07:22 PM
First Lady

Quote:
Originally Posted by YEPhesMycousin View Post
I have also been questioning this very same topic. When you struggle to survive working for God and see the wicked prospering, it's hard. I guess God just wants us to trust Him. We are God's trophies because we don't just serve Him for earthly "perks" but for the eternal ones.
TRUST is probably the hardest thing for me. I have some issues with it and don't know how to let them go. I know I need to just "DO IT" but that's so much easier said than done...
Old 02-21-2009, 07:33 PM
Registered Member

God knows what we are like as humans. He knows what it takes to bring us to the place where he can use us. It's through the furnace of affliction. We learn through trials to rely on God. To trust God. To seek His strength and not our own.

When Israel became rich, they forgot God. They became full of pride. And just like these wicked that Job speaks of they might say, "...unto God, Depart from us; for we desire not the knowledge of thy ways. What is the Almighty, that we should serve him? and what profit should we have, if we pray unto him?". But when we go through the trouble we pray and say "God help me." or " God, I need you".

Someone in the Proverbs said, "... Lest I be full, and deny thee, and say, Who is the LORD? or lest I be poor, and steal, and take the name of my God in vain." God knows the exact mixture of trials and blessings in our lives to keep us following in his ways.

God, as the master potter, knows exactly how to mold us into a perfect vessel that He can use. And though trials aren't easy, they work in us many good things, like patience, hope, experience. They keep us from pride in thinking we are self sufficient. They make us seek His face in prayer more intensely.

I would rather walk the difficult road that Jesus walked with Him with me (Psalm 23) than the easy road without Him.

He's working something good in you, Sis Coonskinner.

Old 02-21-2009, 08:52 PM
First Lady

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizpeh View Post
God knows what we are like as humans. He knows what it takes to bring us to the place where he can use us. It's through the furnace of affliction. We learn through trials to rely on God. To trust God. To seek His strength and not our own.

When Israel became rich, they forgot God. They became full of pride. And just like these wicked that Job speaks of they might say, "...unto God, Depart from us; for we desire not the knowledge of thy ways. What is the Almighty, that we should serve him? and what profit should we have, if we pray unto him?". But when we go through the trouble we pray and say "God help me." or " God, I need you".

Someone in the Proverbs said, "... Lest I be full, and deny thee, and say, Who is the LORD? or lest I be poor, and steal, and take the name of my God in vain." God knows the exact mixture of trials and blessings in our lives to keep us following in his ways.

God, as the master potter, knows exactly how to mold us into a perfect vessel that He can use. And though trials aren't easy, they work in us many good things, like patience, hope, experience. They keep us from pride in thinking we are self sufficient. They make us seek His face in prayer more intensely.

I would rather walk the difficult road that Jesus walked with Him with me (Psalm 23) than the easy road without Him.

He's working something good in you, Sis Coonskinner.

I'm beginning to wonder...it's been a really rough last couple of years.

I know that this is an open forum, but oh well, maybe others will realize that preachers and wives struggle too.

I am so very weary of the battle. It seems that it has been absolutely non-stop for the past two years. I feel like I have a target painted on my forehed and backside and am always out in the open, and bombs and bullets are all around me. Don't know where the mines are and afraid to move. I know that if you are faithful and obedient, that God is there, but I'm so tired of "taking the beating" I have no desire to leave the "church" or God, just tired of being at the forefront getting blasted and having stuff taken away. I know I'm being very open, but oh well, that's life.

I have so many emotions that if I keep them inside I'll die of bitterness. It looks like the wicked are winning. I know that feelings don't have to be true to be real, but man, does it ever feel that way.

You want "out" but there's no place to go. It's almost like you're trapped, because you know what's waiting for you "out in the world" and you know that it will hold nothing for you, but man the battle is so wearying.

Trust is so hard for me, that while going through something, it's like "You've got to be kidding me, trust you, you who are allowing this, no way Hosea!!" But then the Holy Ghost kicks in and tries to comfort, which He probably could if I wasn't so carnal and wrapped up in my own misery. He finally decides to leave cause He doesn't want to be in the middle of the misery either, (haha, kinda)

Anyways, just to let others know, preachers and their wives don't always have it easy. WE put our underwear on just like everybody else, one leg at a time.

Sorry for spewing so much.

BTW, God is faithful and just, but life is not fair. I don't blame God, I just don't understand him...I'm not railing at Him, I'm just getting the junk out of me, so I can heal and go on living for him.
Old 02-21-2009, 09:22 PM
Registered Member

What has the wicked gotten for himself if he prospers to the point of gaining the whole world but loses his soul. The prosperity of the wicked is temporal, the treasures of the saints are eternal.
Psa 119:165 (KJV) 165 Great peace have they which love thy law: and nothing shall offend them.

"Do not believe everthing you read on the internet" - Abe Lincoln