Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall > The Tab
Facebook

Notices

The Tab Cutting edge news of what is happening in Apostolic Oneness Pentecost today!

Old 01-01-2008, 03:40 PM
Invisible Thad

I believe the name of the church was First Jesus Name Church.From what a friend told me, Sis. Dawson Passed away in the the early 90's (seemed like yesterday!)Bro. Dawson Remarried in 96 or 97 and she passed away in 2003 or 2004.
A lot of great preachers were from there - anyone know or remember Jack Burgess, Gary Legg, Bro. Cecil, Johnny Daniels, Bruce Cambell, Randy Duncan.

Robert Bayer used to preach thier big Thanksgiving week Convention.
Old 01-01-2008, 03:45 PM
Registered Member

We have the old album by their choir...When Time and Eternity Meet, a song that I believe was written or co-written by Sis. Rita Dawson.
Old 01-01-2008, 03:50 PM
Admen in Training

If I remember correctly they had an awesome choir with the likes of Janice Lacount singing solo's for them.
Old 01-01-2008, 03:56 PM
Invisible Thad

Rita was one incredible lady. not too many like her around anymore.

we have stacks of her tapes- I'm getting in the mood to dig some of them up LOL
Old 01-01-2008, 04:31 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad View Post
Rita was one incredible lady. not too many like her around anymore.

we have stacks of her tapes- I'm getting in the mood to dig some of them up LOL
Yeah...Me, too. I don't have anything on which to play the old album.
Old 01-01-2008, 06:10 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
I believe the name of the church was First Jesus Name Church.From what a friend told me, Sis. Dawson Passed away in the the early 90's (seemed like yesterday!)Bro. Dawson Remarried in 96 or 97 and she passed away in 2003 or 2004.
A lot of great preachers were from there - anyone know or remember Jack Burgess, Gary Legg, Bro. Cecil, Johnny Daniels, Bruce Cambell, Randy Duncan.

Robert Bayer used to preach thier big Thanksgiving week Convention.
Coughing!!! Choking!!!!!!! GASP!!! Oh man, WERE did you get your info on that one Thad!!! I think I have a pretty good idea!! RD came out of that church, but I doubt anyone on this forum would call him a great preacher at this point!!! And I don't think Gary actually came out of the Dawsons church but he is married to their daughter Shelly and is the DS of SD now (at least I think he is still the DS). He is definitely a great preacher, we have him come out at least once or twice a year.

The Dawsons were truly great and loved people! The thing about them that always made the biggest impact on me was how, no matter what your differences were, as far as standards go, they were never judgemental, and always loving.

Daniel Dawson was killed in a tragic car accident the day before Easter last year (2007), and it was a huge tragedy. He, of all of the Dawsons children was most like his mother to me, he never met a stranger. Daniel had many flaws, but you would be hard pressed to find anyone who knew him, who didn't love him. His funeral was the biggest funeral that I have ever been to. I am glad that his parents were not alive to suffer that, it was a huge loss.
Old 01-01-2008, 06:19 PM
Invisible Thad

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzyde View Post
Coughing!!! Choking!!!!!!! GASP!!! Oh man, WERE did you get your info on that one Thad!!! I think I have a pretty good idea!! RD came out of that church, but I doubt anyone on this forum would call him a great preacher at this point!!! And I don't think Gary actually came out of the Dawsons church but he is married to their daughter Shelly and is the DS of SD now (at least I think he is still the DS). He is definitely a great preacher, we have him come out at least once or twice a year.

The Dawsons were truly great and loved people! The thing about them that always made the biggest impact on me was how, no matter what your differences were, as far as standards go, they were never judgemental, and always loving.

Daniel Dawson was killed in a tragic car accident the day before Easter last year (2007), and it was a huge tragedy. He, of all of the Dawsons children was most like his mother to me, he never met a stranger. Daniel had many flaws, but you would be hard pressed to find anyone who knew him, who didn't love him. His funeral was the biggest funeral that I have ever been to. I am glad that his parents were not alive to suffer that, it was a huge loss.
brought you out of hiding uh???? HAHAHA!!!

i said the same thing, glad they were gone before it happend. they suffered enough. Didn't the Bayer Daughter's go to Rita's church too?????
also, wasn't Daniel a policeman?
Old 01-01-2008, 06:29 PM
Admen in Training

Daniel Delivered For Pepsi, Delivered for Arrowhead, Sold water for Arrowhead, and Sold Cars at Chevrolet.

No, Randy Duncan was a student out their and grew up in that mix. Bro. Legg was from San Jose. But was in Weedpatch quite a bit growing up.

Hey Dizzy how is everything?
Old 01-01-2008, 06:31 PM
Invisible Thad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
Daniel Delivered For Pepsi, Delivered for Arrowhead, Sold water for Arrowhead, and Sold Cars at Chevrolet.

No, Randy Duncan was a student out their and grew up in that mix. Bro. Legg was from San Jose. But was in Weedpatch quite a bit growing up.

Hey Dizzy how is everything?

Okay i'm getting him mixed up with Dennis Melton
scooter answer my PM Now
Old 01-01-2008, 06:38 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
brought you out of hiding uh???? HAHAHA!!!

i said the same thing, glad they were gone before it happend. they suffered enough. Didn't the Bayer Daughter's go to Rita's church too?????
also, wasn't Daniel a policeman?
No, Daniel was definitely not a policeman, and the Bayers daughters, (three of them actually) went to our church. But they were very close to the Dawsons (I'm not going there) largely because of RD. He is the one who convinced them to move out here, they came with their dad once when he was preaching a revival at our church, and they got really close to RD and his wife (at the time). They weren't out here all that long. I think I was about 13 or 14 at the time.

BTW, I'm not in hiding, but this has been a HORRIBLE new year for me, and my internet service is down at home because of some wiring damage they are trying to fix.

I had a major dental catastrophe on Sat. night, and because of the holiday, everything has been closed, so I have been housebound since then. I would really apprieciate everyones prayers, I am very down, I am going to have to start this new year off with about 6 or 7 thousand dollars in new debt for my dental work, at least. On my income, this is very upsetting.