Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall > WPF News
Facebook

Notices

WPF News Discussion of the WWPF meetings in Tulsa and related sidetracks.

Old 01-04-2008, 04:57 PM
philjones

A letter from Bro. Haney

I am posting a letter from Bro. Haney by permission. I received the letter from a recipient in email.

Subject: Letter from Brother Haney
Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2008 14:51:33 -0600

January 4, 2008

Dear brethren,

I want to thank you for all that you have done and are doing for the Kingdom. As a movement ordained of God, we have been in the midst of the storm, but I can assure you that the storm is ABATING. As Moses, Caleb, Joshua, Nehemiah and numerous others of God’s Generals have stood at the forefront of an emotional storm; when a handful of voices among them sought to bring division, they as God’s Generals, spoke with Authority & Assurance! God was with them, and the storm passed over; thus, it will be the same with us.

I have been to a number of meetings in the last month and a half, and my heart has been greatly warmed by the host of ministers who have come to me personally to assure me of their loyalty and that they were in much prayer. They could not understand why men would conduct themselves in this manner. This is the feeling of most of the UPCI. I was moved by their love and prayerfulness for God’s work, and my heart was touched by their spirit. I felt that we, as God’s leaders, need to seize the moment and speak calm to the storm, and also discourage any of our brethren from going to the Tulsa event. No good would come from their going - only that they would be used. At this point, it is time for the Generals to forcefully and clearly—without hesitation—strengthen the hands of God’s people.

There is no panic or fear, but only concern that some precious ministers may be isolated for some reason or other from the main stream of the Fellowship. It could be by distance or lack of closeness to fellow ministers, and all they know is what they read on some web site or what comes in the mail. Neither of these gives the true picture. Several men, whose names were listed in the items being mailed out and distributed, contacted me and were greatly concerned that their names had been included. In some cases, men said they had not given their consent; in other cases, that they called or notified whomever was in charge and told them NOT to list their names, but they were listed in spite of their protest.

The brethren of our Districts must be assured that the church, the United Pentecostal Church International, is blessed of God and stands staunch as a Holiness movement, a revival movement, and a doctrinally sound movement, and that there is no compromise. As a matter of fact, we have history, as an organization, to prove this. Each generation in times of crisis has risen to the challenge; therefore, we will, and have done so also.

From my experience in traveling the length and breadth of our Fellowship, it is my opinion that we are as solid, strong, and as passionate as we have ever been. Any new group attempting to start will do so without history or track record, and it is yet to be proven what they would really do in the midst of crisis. In the history of the UPCI, there have been other groups who have attempted to do this also, but have failed to rally to the challenges, and thus came to naught.

In the final analysis and when the dust settles, we will be a stronger organization and a more passionate movement. We will be more united against worldliness and more united for the cause of World Evangelism - proclaiming the unadulterated Gospel of the New Testament as we impact this world for the cause of the Kingdom. The United Pentecostal Church is growing rapidly. New churches and daughter works are being planted each day, and a host of new ministers are being added to the already great number. For instance, our General Secretary, Brother Jones, just spoke to me and said that since General Conference, we have lost 27 ministers due to the passing of the resolution. In the same period of time, we have licensed 128 new ministers. The church is strong and will not, and must not, be distracted from our real mission: to reach our cities, states, and the nations of the world with TRUTH and an uncompromising message.

In conclusion, in reminiscing over my life, I have found that each trial and each valley I have journeyed through, that AFTER the trial, I have been much stronger and more blessed. I do believe that there is a great deal of good that will be achieved as a movement when we pass to the other side of this storm, and we will be bonded closer together and our purpose will have greater clarity.

For a United Church and respectfully yours,

Kenneth F. Haney

KFH/jh

There you have it. Thank you Bro. Baughman!
Old 01-04-2008, 05:03 PM

Old 01-04-2008, 05:04 PM
Walkbyfaith7

Does anyone have the exact language for the TV resolution that passed?
Thanks.
Old 01-04-2008, 05:05 PM
Registered Member

PJ

How could they only loose 27 men when there are far more than that listed as part of the new movement?
Old 01-04-2008, 05:11 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev View Post
PJ

How could they only loose 27 men when there are far more than that listed as part of the new movement?
Because they are PROBABLY going to drop their license with the UPC due to non-payment. There is a grace period of 30-days that ends on Jan. 31. Once the period is over then the affiliation is severed.

This merely my guess. I have no fact to support this.
Old 01-04-2008, 05:13 PM
Registered Member

How many are going to Tulsa?

Has anyone heard how many are going to Tulsa?
Old 01-04-2008, 05:13 PM
Registered Member

Well written! We have a great leader in Kenneth Haney!
Old 01-04-2008, 05:17 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdlooney View Post
Because they are PROBABLY going to drop their license with the UPC due to non-payment. There is a grace period of 30-days that ends on Jan. 31. Once the period is over then the affiliation is severed.

This merely my guess. I have no fact to support this.
You could be right, but to say it the way he did seems to give a wrong impression. Although its factual it really doesn't tell the true story.
Old 01-04-2008, 05:19 PM
Follower of Jesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by philjones View Post
I am posting a letter from Bro. Haney by permission. I received the letter from a recipient in email.

Subject: Letter from Brother Haney
Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2008 14:51:33 -0600

January 4, 2008

Dear brethren,

I want to thank you for all that you have done and are doing for the Kingdom. As a movement ordained of God, we have been in the midst of the storm, but I can assure you that the storm is ABATING. As Moses, Caleb, Joshua, Nehemiah and numerous others of God’s Generals have stood at the forefront of an emotional storm; when a handful of voices among them sought to bring division, they as God’s Generals, spoke with Authority & Assurance! God was with them, and the storm passed over; thus, it will be the same with us.

I have been to a number of meetings in the last month and a half, and my heart has been greatly warmed by the host of ministers who have come to me personally to assure me of their loyalty and that they were in much prayer. They could not understand why men would conduct themselves in this manner. This is the feeling of most of the UPCI. I was moved by their love and prayerfulness for God’s work, and my heart was touched by their spirit. I felt that we, as God’s leaders, need to seize the moment and speak calm to the storm, and also discourage any of our brethren from going to the Tulsa event. No good would come from their going - only that they would be used. At this point, it is time for the Generals to forcefully and clearly—without hesitation—strengthen the hands of God’s people.

There is no panic or fear, but only concern that some precious ministers may be isolated for some reason or other from the main stream of the Fellowship. It could be by distance or lack of closeness to fellow ministers, and all they know is what they read on some web site or what comes in the mail. Neither of these gives the true picture. Several men, whose names were listed in the items being mailed out and distributed, contacted me and were greatly concerned that their names had been included. In some cases, men said they had not given their consent; in other cases, that they called or notified whomever was in charge and told them NOT to list their names, but they were listed in spite of their protest.
The brethren of our Districts must be assured that the church, the United Pentecostal Church International, is blessed of God and stands staunch as a Holiness movement, a revival movement, and a doctrinally sound movement, and that there is no compromise. As a matter of fact, we have history, as an organization, to prove this. Each generation in times of crisis has risen to the challenge; therefore, we will, and have done so also.

From my experience in traveling the length and breadth of our Fellowship, it is my opinion that we are as solid, strong, and as passionate as we have ever been. Any new group attempting to start will do so without history or track record, and it is yet to be proven what they would really do in the midst of crisis. In the history of the UPCI, there have been other groups who have attempted to do this also, but have failed to rally to the challenges, and thus came to naught.

In the final analysis and when the dust settles, we will be a stronger organization and a more passionate movement. We will be more united against worldliness and more united for the cause of World Evangelism - proclaiming the unadulterated Gospel of the New Testament as we impact this world for the cause of the Kingdom. The United Pentecostal Church is growing rapidly. New churches and daughter works are being planted each day, and a host of new ministers are being added to the already great number. For instance, our General Secretary, Brother Jones, just spoke to me and said that since General Conference, we have lost 27 ministers due to the passing of the resolution. In the same period of time, we have licensed 128 new ministers. The church is strong and will not, and must not, be distracted from our real mission: to reach our cities, states, and the nations of the world with TRUTH and an uncompromising message.

In conclusion, in reminiscing over my life, I have found that each trial and each valley I have journeyed through, that AFTER the trial, I have been much stronger and more blessed. I do believe that there is a great deal of good that will be achieved as a movement when we pass to the other side of this storm, and we will be bonded closer together and our purpose will have greater clarity.

For a United Church and respectfully yours,

Kenneth F. Haney

KFH/jh

There you have it. Thank you Bro. Baughman!

A couple of things why is Bro. Baughman at the bottom of the letter.

The other, bolded statement portion, people who are starting this don't see this as a major wrong. Hard to see God blessing such a mess.

My personal mission is to BRING people into a right relationship with God, GROW them up to maturity and SEND them back into the world to minister.
Old 01-04-2008, 05:19 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aegsm76 View Post
Has anyone heard how many are going to Tulsa?
I had an email that said that the place sits 2000 and that they are expecting an overflow crowd. I don't know how true that is!