Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > The Library > Café Blog-a-bit
Facebook

Notices

Café Blog-a-bit Our own cozy coffeehouse to congregate and share.

Old 11-13-2011, 04:13 AM
Covenant Apostolic

Re: Consider this

Watchman Nee: The Normal Christian Life
Published in 1977 by Tyndale House Publishers, Inc
Chapter 11 – One body in Christ

Ephesians 5
25 Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her 26 to make her holy, cleansing[b] her by the washing with water through the word, 27 and to present her to himself as a radiant church, without stain or wrinkle or any other blemish, but holy and blameless. 28 In this same way, husbands ought to love their wives as their own bodies. He who loves his wife loves himself. 29 After all, no one ever hated their own body, but they feed and care for their body, just as Christ does the church— 30 for we are members of his body. 31 “For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh.”[c] 32 This is a profound mystery—but I am talking about Christ and the church. 33 However, each one of you also must love his wife as he loves himself, and the wife must respect her husband.
Genesis 2
18 The LORD God said, “It is not good for the man to be alone. I will make a helper suitable for him.”
But for Adam[f] no suitable helper was found. 21 So the LORD God caused the man to fall into a deep sleep; and while he was sleeping, he took one of the man’s ribs[g] and then closed up the place with flesh. 22 Then the LORD God made a woman from the rib[h] he had taken out of the man, and he brought her to the man.
23 The man said,
“This is now bone of my bones
and flesh of my flesh;
she shall be called ‘woman,’
for she was taken out of man.”

“. . . So we have an aspect of the death of the Lord Jesus in Ephesians which we do not have so clearly in other places. In Romans things are viewed from the standpoint of fallen man, and beginning with “Christ died for sinners, enemies, the ungodly (Rom 5) we are lead progressively to “the love of Christ” (Rom 8:35) In Ephesians, on the other hand, the standpoint is that of God “before the foundation of the world: (Eph 1:4), and the heart of the gospel is: “Christ . . . loved the church, and gave himself up for it.” Thus, in Romans it is “we sinned.” And the message is of God’s love for sinners (Rom 5:8); whereas in Ephesians it is “Christ loved.” And the love here is the love of husband for wife. That kind of love has fundamentally nothing to do with sin as such. What is in view in this passage is not atonement for sin but the creation of the Church, for which end it is said that he “gave himself.” (Nee 210)

When God lovingly put man to sleep and took woman from his side, he was thinking of how he would become a man and bring the church from his side. He would always see the Church as perfect and without blemish from sins. He would always see her as a timeless beauty, with no wrinkles or imperfections. (Nee 220)
Old 11-15-2011, 01:57 AM
Covenant Apostolic

Just adding this to my Blog, though I posted it elswhere for discussion.

Chapter 10 Walking in the Spirit.

Nee says that when Adam chose the tree of knowledge, in the garden, he chose to develop the part of him that is Soul, the part of humanity that is our mind.

The problem is that we may be gifted in our humanity in way human ways, gifted with oratory, gifted with planning skills, with skills of persuasion; but, if we are not depending on God then we are using our human gifts and not depending on God. We are walking the flesh and ministering in the flesh and not after the Spirit.

Ok, I kind of know what he means but in a way I’m not sure. I know there have been times when God has spoken to me to share the gospel with someone, or to pray for someone. But I can’t say that every day I live and breathe my steps are specifically directed by the Lord. Often I wake up, work out, head for work, come home, eat, read my bible, say a short prayer and head to bed. It’s mostly just day to day stuff.

And then there are these scriptures on the subject:

Romans 8
1There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit. 2For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death. 3For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh: 4That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

Galatians 5
16This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh. 17For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would. 18But if ye be led of the Spirit, ye are not under the law. 19Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness, 20Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies, 21Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God. 22But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, 3Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law. 4And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts. 25If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.
Old 11-15-2011, 09:01 AM
Covenant Apostolic

The word of God is living, and active, and sharper than any two-edged sword, and piercing even to the dividing of soul and spirit, of both joints and marrow, and quick to discern the thoughts and intents of the hearts. And there is no creature that is not manifest in this sight: but all things are naked and laid open before the eyes of him with whom we have to do" (Heb 4:12-13). Yes it is the Word of God, the penetrating Scripture of truth that settles our questions. It is that which discerns our motives and defines for us their true source in soul or spirit. (Nee 239)
Old 11-15-2011, 05:45 PM
Covenant Apostolic

Mark 14
1After two days was the feast of the passover, and of unleavened bread: and the chief priests and the scribes sought how they might take him by craft, and put him to death.
2But they said, Not on the feast day, lest there be an uproar of the people.
3And being in Bethany in the house of Simon the leper, as he sat at meat, there came a woman having an alabaster box of ointment of spikenard very precious; and she brake the box, and poured it on his head.
4And there were some that had indignation within themselves, and said, Why was this waste of the ointment made?
5For it might have been sold for more than three hundred pence, and have been given to the poor. And they murmured against her.
6And Jesus said, Let her alone; why trouble ye her? she hath wrought a good work on me.
7For ye have the poor with you always, and whensoever ye will ye may do them good: but me ye have not always.
8She hath done what she could: she is come aforehand to anoint my body to the burying.
9Verily I say unto you, Wheresoever this gospel shall be preached throughout the whole world, this also that she hath done shall be spoken of for a memorial of her.

Why did Jesus say that the story of Mary pouring the ointment on his head would be told with the Gospel? he wishes that we be willing to waste ourselves on him, to count him more precious that anything that we have. He wishes us to consider that nothing that we could possibly give him is too costly.

Are we worried that our talents are not being used, that our lives are somehow being wasted? All that God really wants is that we waste ourselves on him, and as our lives are crushed and broken as we bear the cross, our lives wasted unto him become a sweet fragrance that will stir a hunger in others for Christ. As an alabaster box is broken and the sweet aroma fills the room, Christ desires our lives to be broken and the fragrance to draw people to worship Him.

"Clearly it is this, that in approving Mary's action at Bethany, the Lord Jesus was laying down one thing as a basis of all service: that you pour out all you have, your very self, unto him; and if that should be all he allows you to do, that is enough . . . the Lord's first concern is with our position at his feet and our anointing of his head. Whatever we have as an "alabaster box": the most precious thing, the thing dearest in the world to us - yea, let me say it, the outflow from us of a life that is produced by the very Cross itself - we give that all up to the Lord." (Nee 274)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=s68w2eO3B7s
Old 12-15-2011, 10:46 AM
Banned

Amen. I would argue that it's still one body that follows Christ. If we agree on the One thing, everything else should be semantics. I might, or might not, hold the same opinion as (you) on some other subject, be it tongues, rapture, or whatever, these diffs should not be cause for "splinters," and I then am able to respect your viewpoint (and even desire it, even encourage it to sprout), without necessarily agreeing with it. When you agree with me about every, single thing, one of us is unnecessary.
Old 12-18-2011, 01:24 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanah View Post
wow, one of the denominations is a Gay OP Church

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gay_Apostolic_Pentecostals

Gay Apostolic Pentecostals are people who adhere to the beliefs and theology of the Oneness Pentecostal churches, but who identify as LGBT, which is unacceptable in mainline Apostolic churches. Gay Apostolic Pentecostals first began to organize separately from mainline Apostolic churches in 1980 in Schenectady, NY. The concept of Gay Christians is still very controversial in the church world. The existence of Gay Apostolic Pentecostals is considered by some to be an oxymoron

The movement to create LGBT-affirming Apostolic or Oneness Pentecostal churches began in 1980 in the city of Schenectady, NY. The movement to create gay-affirming churches had begun in 1968 with the founding of the Metropolitan Community Church. The founders of the affirming Apostolic movement envisioned an international network of affirming Apostolic churches, including the more fundamentalist theology inherent with such churches. They began what was known as the National Gay Pentecostal Alliance (NGPA). The organization opened its first church in Omaha, NE.

Although NGPA was an Apostolic (Oneness) Pentecostal organization, due to the lack of affirming Trinitarian Pentecostal churches, NGPA originally welcomed all affirming Pentecostals to belong to their churches.[3] Once Trinitarian Pentecostals began to organize their own churches, NGPA became fully Apostolic.

Early in the 21st century, NGPA merged with a smaller organization, Apostolic Intercessory Ministries (AIM), under the new name Apostolic Restoration Mission (ARM). In March 2010, ARM merged with the larger Global Alliance of Affirming Apostolic Pentecostals (GAAAP) under the GAAAP name. In recent years, other affirming Apostolic Pentecostal organizations have come into existence. These include the Affirming Pentecostal Church International, which is currently the largest such group, operating churches around the world,[7] Reconciling Pentecostals International and Covenant Network.

TheologyLGBT-affirming Apostolic Pentecostals share the same basic doctrinal beliefs as other Apostolic (Oneness) Pentecostals. These include the Oneness of God, the plan of salvation consisting of repentance, water baptism by immersion in Jesus' name for the forgiveness of sins, and receiving the infilling of the Holy Ghost with the initial evidence of speaking in other tongues. One major area of difference is the belief that homosexuality is not sinful, and that God blesses same-sex marriage. Affirming Apostolics maintain that scripture in the original languages did not condemn homosexuality, but did record same-sex marriage.
Ah, well, I'm not buying it, this ignoring of the parts one doesn't like (possibly due to my intimate acquaintance with it); but, I have access to those manuscripts--we'll just take a gander, shall we?

Brave post, tho; and regardless of what (I) find, I believe provision is made for homosexuality, just like any other sin. But, "The Sacred, Blessed Church of Those who do not Sexually Fruit" is gonna be uphill for me. Would sure be convenient, tho...peace.
Old 12-19-2011, 05:45 AM
Covenant Apostolic

Brokenness

This morning I was praying through the tabernacle
repenting at the altar
washing with the water of the Word at the laver
entering the Holy place with praise
praying for my family and friends
taking up the sword of the Word and using it to fight the enemy

Afterwards while I was running my 3 mile morning run with my dog and I began to think about all the broken places in my life, and God really began to speak to me.

God can use a person who is broken
we have this treasure in earthern vessels
but it's through the broken places that the annointing can flow

God can flow thru me to touch those who were neglected by their parents, those who have lost a child to death, those who have battled cancer, and those who are going through things that the many other broken places in my life allows the Spirit to flow though.

So this morning, I'm thanking God for the broken places in my life.

Last edited by Amanah; 12-19-2011 at 06:00 AM.
Old 01-27-2012, 05:35 AM
Covenant Apostolic

I just woke up! good morning here I am! It is the most beautifull of beautifull days this morning. My husband and I are going to take a little drive to the sea. God made a beautiful world and He delights in showing it off to me.

Jesus today I praise you for the works of your hands.

Job 38

1Then the LORD answered Job out of the whirlwind, and said,

2Who is this that darkeneth counsel by words without knowledge?

3Gird up now thy loins like a man; for I will demand of thee, and answer thou me.

4Where wast thou when I laid the foundations of the earth? declare, if thou hast understanding.

5Who hath laid the measures thereof, if thou knowest? or who hath stretched the line upon it?

6Whereupon are the foundations thereof fastened? or who laid the corner stone thereof;

7When the morning stars sang together, and all the sons of God shouted for joy?

8Or who shut up the sea with doors, when it brake forth, as if it had issued out of the womb? 9When I made the cloud the garment thereof, and thick darkness a swaddlingband for it,

10And brake up for it my decreed place, and set bars and doors,

11And said, Hitherto shalt thou come, but no further: and here shall thy proud waves be stayed?

12Hast thou commanded the morning since thy days; and caused the dayspring to know his place;

13That it might take hold of the ends of the earth, that the wicked might be shaken out of it?

14It is turned as clay to the seal; and they stand as a garment.

15And from the wicked their light is withholden, and the high arm shall be broken.

16Hast thou entered into the springs of the sea? or hast thou walked in the search of the depth?

17Have the gates of death been opened unto thee? or hast thou seen the doors of the shadow of death?

18Hast thou perceived the breadth of the earth? declare if thou knowest it all.

19Where is the way where light dwelleth? and as for darkness, where is the place thereof,

20That thou shouldest take it to the bound thereof, and that thou shouldest know the paths to the house thereof?

21Knowest thou it, because thou wast then born? or because the number of thy days is great?

22Hast thou entered into the treasures of the snow? or hast thou seen the treasures of the hail,

23Which I have reserved against the time of trouble, against the day of battle and war?

24By what way is the light parted, which scattereth the east wind upon the earth?

25Who hath divided a watercourse for the overflowing of waters, or a way for the lightning of thunder;

26To cause it to rain on the earth, where no man is; on the wilderness, wherein there is no man;

27To satisfy the desolate and waste ground; and to cause the bud of the tender herb to spring forth?

28Hath the rain a father? or who hath begotten the drops of dew?

29Out of whose womb came the ice? and the hoary frost of heaven, who hath gendered it?

30The waters are hid as with a stone, and the face of the deep is frozen.

31Canst thou bind the sweet influences of Pleiades, or loose the bands of Orion?

32Canst thou bring forth Mazzaroth in his season? or canst thou guide Arcturus with his sons?

33Knowest thou the ordinances of heaven? canst thou set the dominion thereof in the earth?

34Canst thou lift up thy voice to the clouds, that abundance of waters may cover thee?

35Canst thou send lightnings, that they may go and say unto thee, Here we are?

36Who hath put wisdom in the inward parts? or who hath given understanding to the heart?

37Who can number the clouds in wisdom? or who can stay the bottles of heaven,

38When the dust groweth into hardness, and the clods cleave fast together?

39Wilt thou hunt the prey for the lion? or fill the appetite of the young lions,

40When they couch in their dens, and abide in the covert to lie in wait?

41Who provideth for the raven his food? when his young ones cry unto God, they wander for lack of meat.
Old 01-27-2012, 06:16 AM
Covenant Apostolic

Ok, I have a new favorite prayer.

I'm praying God let me be like Samson, he screwed so many things up, but you allowed him to be used greatly one last time for your glory. God if you can overlook Samsons stupidity and use him, I think there is hope for me too.

Oh God use me again, use me to win a soul for you, use me to pray for revival, use me to make a difference in someone's life, if you can use Samson, you can use me.
Old 01-27-2012, 06:36 AM
Jesus is the only Lord God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanah View Post
Ok, I have a new favorite prayer.

I'm praying God let me be like Samson, he screwed so many things up, but you allowed him to be used greatly one last time for your glory. God if you can overlook Samsons stupidity and use him, I think there is hope for me too.

Oh God use me again, use me to win a soul for you, use me to pray for revival, use me to make a difference in someone's life, if you can use Samson, you can use me.
Amen sis...speaks to me
...Testifying both to the Jews, and also to the Greeks, repentance toward God, and faith toward our Lord Jesus Christ...(Acts 20:21)