Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Sanctuary > Deep Waters
Facebook

Notices

Deep Waters 'Deep Calleth Unto Deep ' -The place to go for Ministry discussions. Please keep it civil. Remember to discuss the issues, not each other.

Search For Similiar Threads Using Key Words & Phrases
consecrate, gifts, healings, holiness, loyalty

Old 02-06-2019, 03:03 PM
Registered Member

Smile Gifts of healing

I'm interested in folks ideas on the gifts of healings, being separate gifts, or all inclusive. I also believe consecration, anointing and holiness are imperative for these gifts to function reliably and consistently. Elders Wisdom very much appreciated...... Shalom
Old 02-06-2019, 05:03 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Re: Gifts of healing

Gifts of healings - each healing is a gift. The context (1 Cor 12:28) seems to refer to "those used to minister healing(s)" so the plurality has to do with the plurality of people so used in the assembly.

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 02-07-2019, 02:18 PM
Believe, Obey, Declare

Quote:
Originally Posted by brostewart View Post
I'm interested in folks ideas on the gifts of healings, being separate gifts, or all inclusive. I also believe consecration, anointing and holiness are imperative for these gifts to function reliably and consistently. Elders Wisdom very much appreciated...... Shalom

Well...so the Corinthian church was consecrated, annointed and holy?

Paul tells them that they are involved in sin that even the heathens dont do but also tells them that they are second to none in the gifts...

Now he doesnt forbid their use...in fact he teaches them how to use the gifts decently and in order.

I said all that to say this...the gifts are not there to validate the man being used in the gifts.

The gifts are there to validate the Word.

People in blatent sin can be and are used in the gifts.

It doesnt mean that it justifies their sin...in fact...its a sobering reminder of the goodness of God that He would not only use a highly imperfect person and by doing so try to woo them back BUT also that He doesnt withhold what we need as far as being ministered to by the gifts because He cant find a "worthy perfect" person around to do the ministering.

Man sometimes God uses people in the present with the caveat,"This is important...but Ill deal with you later."

The work of God doesn't come to a screeching halt because someone has sin...

You mentioned annointing.

What does annointing mean to you?

For a New Testament Spirit filled believer...is the annointing permanent?

Does it wax and wane?
Old 02-08-2019, 06:19 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jediwill83 View Post

Paul tells them that they are involved in sin that even the heathens dont do but also tells them that they are second to none in the gifts...

Now he doesnt forbid their use...in fact he teaches them how to use the gifts decently and in order.

I said all that to say this...the gifts are not there to validate the man being used in the gifts.

It doesnt mean that it justifies their sin...in fact...its a sobering reminder of the goodness of God that He would not only use a highly imperfect person and by doing so try to woo them back BUT also that He doesnt withhold what we need as far as being ministered to by the gifts because He cant find a "worthy perfect" person around to do the ministering.

Man sometimes God uses people in the present with the caveat,"This is important...but Ill deal with you later."

Does it wax and wane?
Im not so sure those actually used in the gifts from Corinth were involved in the sins Paul addressed.
Old 02-08-2019, 09:10 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jediwill83 View Post

Does it wax and wane?
Not seeing any evidence that the gifts of the Spirit were being consistently and correctly operated in the Corinthian church. Were that the case, the Apostle would not have felt the need to give such detailed instruction as to how they SHOULD be operating.
Old 02-08-2019, 12:33 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apostolic1ness View Post
Im not so sure those actually used in the gifts from Corinth were involved in the sins Paul addressed.

I don't agree that people who are actively, willfully and knowingly participating in sin are being led of the HG.

The two don't mix. God and Belial. Light and Darkness.

Sorry, but you won't have one with the other.
Old 02-08-2019, 12:48 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by n david View Post

I don't agree that people who are actively, willfully and knowingly participating in sin are being led of the HG.

The two don't mix. God and Belial. Light and Darkness.

Sorry, but you won't have one with the other.
Amen
Old 02-11-2019, 11:13 AM
Registered Member

Thumbs up Re: Gifts of healing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esaias View Post
Gifts of healings - each healing is a gift. The context (1 Cor 12:28) seems to refer to "those used to minister healing(s)" so the plurality has to do with the plurality of people so used in the assembly.
Thank you sir, Brother. The Word has every answer, I need prayer from Godly men that fight this battle that divides the Bride to be; to quit the in fighting and repair every breach in the Body that keeps Israel from revival of the Truth. Peace will rule and reign when we all agree we truly Love Jesus Will and quit every secret sin hindering His return. I myself have hidden in the fleshly sin of habitual backslidings, and ignored the purity the Lord asked of me. "Iron sharpeneth Iron" so your Godly response may help me recover His virtue and be healed......... Shalom.
Old 02-11-2019, 12:17 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Quote:
Thank you sir, Brother. The Word has every answer, I need prayer from Godly men that fight this battle that divides the Bride to be; to quit the in fighting and repair every breach in the Body that keeps Israel from revival of the Truth. Peace will rule and reign when we all agree we truly Love Jesus Will and quit every secret sin hindering His return. I myself have hidden in the fleshly sin of habitual backslidings, and ignored the purity the Lord asked of me. "Iron sharpeneth Iron" so your Godly response may help me recover His virtue and be healed......... Shalom.
The Lord has given commandment to save us (Psalm 71:3). Not just a command to us, to "be saved", but our God has given forth His decree, we SHALL be saved!

Peace to you.

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 02-16-2019, 06:16 PM
Administrator

Quote:
What do you mean when you ask if the gifts of healing are separate gifts? I don't understand the question. Will you please clarify? Thanks.

http://votivesoul.wordpress.com/