Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > The Library
Facebook

Notices

The Library The Library for posting Articles and recommended reading.

Old 05-04-2007, 11:44 PM
Urban Pastor

The Voice of God!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stmatthew View Post
Having seen first hand what the end results are when one is always seeking for a "fresh revelation", I think I will just stay with the tried and true gospel of the kingdom, and leave the rest to others.
Right - Some people's God stopped speaking 2000 years ago - but mine still speaks today!

The Voice of God is always present - It goes forth constantly and consistently! Our God did not stop speaking 2000 years ago - He continues to direct His people daily.

Isn't it so very sad that people are always seeking God and getting Fresh Revelation - Fresh Bread!

People that have made God's and Idols out of the old bread - just cannot see the importance of eating the Fresh - the Best!

I like how Mark Hanby said it - If Abraham had been a Pentecostal - he would have killed Isaac! God did say to slay him - to sacrifice him - but then God said later - STOP! Did Abraham say - Oh NO - I am going to KILL him - God you told me to so I have to obey! But Thank God that Abraham listened to the Proceeding Voice of God! God is always speaking but we are not always listening.

Rap, blues, jazz, gospel, country, rock, pop, R & B and many more kinds of Music - plus preaching, news, traffic, weather and much more is going forth 24/7 on radio. We are not hearing it - because we are not turned to that frequency. If we will listen and hear the Voice of God - will can walk in the NEWNESS & FRESHNESS of GOD in our lives!
Old 05-04-2007, 11:48 PM
Urban Pastor

Stop It!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NLYP View Post
This is no joke....
A pastor recently told me that he will not let his daughter briad her hair into a pony tail because it points to her butt......

My response....????

Better not ever wear a tie! LOL

The conversation was over.................LOL
STOP IT - YOU ARE KILLING ME!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-04-2007, 11:54 PM
Smiles everyone...Smiles!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stmatthew View Post
Having seen first hand what the end results are when one is always seeking for a "fresh revelation", I think I will just stay with the tried and true gospel of the kingdom, and leave the rest to others.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaBishop View Post
Right - Some people's God stopped speaking 2000 years ago - but mine still speaks today!

The Voice of God is always present - It goes forth constantly and consistently! Our God did not stop speaking 2000 years ago - He continues to direct His people daily.

Isn't it so very sad that people are always seeking God and getting Fresh Revelation - Fresh Bread!

People that have made God's and Idols out of the old bread - just cannot see the importance of eating the Fresh - the Best!

I like how Mark Hanby said it - If Abraham had been a Pentecostal - he would have killed Isaac! God did say to slay him - to sacrifice him - but then God said later - STOP! Did Abraham say - Oh NO - I am going to KILL him - God you told me to so I have to obey! But Thank God that Abraham listened to the Proceeding Voice of God! God is always speaking but we are not always listening.

Rap, blues, jazz, gospel, country, rock, pop, R & B and many more kinds of Music - plus preaching, news, traffic, weather and much more is going forth 24/7 on radio. We are not hearing it - because we are not turned to that frequency. If we will listen and hear the Voice of God - will can walk in the NEWNESS & FRESHNESS of GOD in our lives!
Need I say more??
Old 05-05-2007, 07:14 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NLYP View Post
I actually have never refered to it as the Apostolic Contender......Bro Urshan Used to call it the Apostolic Contention.
You knew him and Dugas were step brothers right????
Old 05-05-2007, 07:21 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaBishop View Post

Now AB Mark Hanby is not a great endorsement for any group. I happen to know the Charismatics who were 'taken' by him think no more of him than we Apostolics. His talent outweighed his character.
Old 05-05-2007, 07:24 AM
Registered Member

I am not the least offended I figured on this when I posted about the magazine. And NO it has nothing to do with any organization it is totally an independent work done by the cooperation of these brethren listed. Yes it will be unapologetic Conservative in tone and tenor. We are excited and are already hearing form preachers across the nation. There is void for this type of magazine.
Old 05-05-2007, 07:39 AM
Beautiful are the feet......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Epley View Post
I am not the least offended I figured on this when I posted about the magazine. And NO it has nothing to do with any organization it is totally an independent work done by the cooperation of these brethren listed. Yes it will be unapologetic Conservative in tone and tenor. We are excited and are already hearing form preachers across the nation. There is void for this type of magazine.
You're a good man, Bro. Epley!

You know how to roll with the punches.
Old 05-05-2007, 07:43 AM

Will the magazine conscientiously/specifically comment on and editorialize decisions made by Oneness organizations?
Old 05-05-2007, 07:47 AM

Will liberal entities be allowed to advertise w/ the Compass?
Old 05-05-2007, 07:48 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Alicea View Post
Will the magazine conscientiously/specifically comment on and editorialize decisions made by Oneness organizations?
I am certain issues of the day will be commented on however we are not going to be a hit magazine like a anti-UPC or anti-AMF or any other anti mag.
Of course some issues as television advertizing is a hot button issue so I wouldn't be suprized if it wasn't addressed.