Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 06-04-2018, 11:22 AM
Banned

Re: T. F. Tenney Has Passed Away

Who will eulogize TFT?
Old 06-04-2018, 11:26 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckeyeBukaroo View Post
Who will eulogize TFT?
I believe Anthony Mangun will be delivering the euology. I watched a bit of the POA service yesterday morning and Anthony talked about how TF and he made plans two years ago for a home going service.
Old 06-04-2018, 12:11 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by n david View Post
I believe Anthony Mangun will be delivering the euology. I watched a bit of the POA service yesterday morning and Anthony talked about how TF and he made plans two years ago for a home going service.
Not. His. Son.
Old 06-04-2018, 12:19 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckeyeBukaroo View Post
Not. His. Son.
From what I understand, Tenney's consider POA their home church and Anthony their Pastor. I don't know of any services, off the top of my head, in which the son eulogized the father.

I would not read anything into Anthony delivering the eulogy and Tommy not doing it.

I couldn't imagine having to deliver the eulogy for my father. Do I want to speak or say something, absolutely. But I don't know if I could be in a good place to give a proper eulogy for my father.
Old 06-04-2018, 03:49 PM
Administrator

Keep the Main thing the Main thing, was pretty much his motto.

He will truly be missed.

I will never forget him telling one of the last Women’s Conference his wife conducted, that only women would park where no one else would consider parking. Then proceed to say if you parked ... you need to move your car before it gets towed.😀
Painful moments, TRUST GOD.
Every moment, THANK GOD.
Old 06-04-2018, 04:50 PM
Repent and believe the Gospel!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esther View Post

He will truly be missed.

I will never forget him telling one of the last Women’s Conference his wife conducted, that only women would park where no one else would consider parking. Then proceed to say if you parked ... you need to move your car before it gets towed.😀

Scripture is its own interpreter. Nothing can cut a diamond but a diamond. Nothing can interpret Scripture but Scripture" Thomas Watson.
Old 06-05-2018, 10:21 AM
Registered Member

I probably heard his name mentioned just days or weeks after my entrance into the UPC back in 1981. Tommy and Jenny held a revival service during those first few weeks so probably had a lot to do with getting acquainted with that name early on.
Old 06-05-2018, 12:35 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esther View Post

He will truly be missed.

Yes, and he always fussed at us for trying to all crowd around one gate, leaving the campground, when there were a couple more open. Said he just didn't understand women! Did he ever have a way with words! The Louisiana District UPC will never be the same...
Old 06-05-2018, 06:40 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by n david View Post
From what I understand, Tenney's consider POA their home church and Anthony their Pastor. I don't know of any services, off the top of my head, in which the son eulogized the father.

I would not read anything into Anthony delivering the eulogy and Tommy not doing it.

I couldn't imagine having to deliver the eulogy for my father. Do I want to speak or say something, absolutely. But I don't know if I could be in a good place to give a proper eulogy for my father.
They just mentioned it in the service I am watching right now. I guess he was on staff.
Old 06-05-2018, 06:42 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah View Post
Yes, and he always fussed at us for trying to all crowd around one gate, leaving the campground, when there were a couple more open. Said he just didn't understand women! Did he ever have a way with words! The Louisiana District UPC will never be the same...
I had to dig deep into several boxes however I found an old tape of TF leading the LA Camp meeting. I miss those days. Things were really simple.