Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Sanctuary > Deep Waters
Facebook

Notices

Deep Waters 'Deep Calleth Unto Deep ' -The place to go for Ministry discussions. Please keep it civil. Remember to discuss the issues, not each other.

Old 06-17-2010, 12:00 PM
Are You Ready To Fly?

Let's Talk About....

Revelation 9
1 The fifth angel sounded his trumpet, and I saw a star that had fallen from the sky to the earth. The star was given the key to the shaft of the Abyss. 2When he opened the Abyss, smoke rose from it like the smoke from a gigantic furnace.

Now Read This....
Gulf of Mexico Basin, which contains the Sigsbee Deep and can be further divided into the continental rise, the Sigsbee Abyssal Plain, and the Mississippi Cone. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gulf_of_Mexico

I know I'm pretrib but you got to admit the Oil Spill that is gushing from a well that is the size of the Grand Canyon under the sea bed is oddly lining up to Revelation 9:1

Thoughts anyone?
John 14:16 And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Counsellor to be with you for ever 17 The Spirit of truth. The world cannot accept him, because it neither sees him nor knows him. But you know him, for he lives with you and will be in you.

Last edited by easter; 06-17-2010 at 01:17 PM.
Old 06-17-2010, 02:14 PM
Registered Member

Re: Let's Talk About....

I tried to get folks to discuss WHY they are pretrib, mid or post trib and preterist. Such discussions never really get going, though, since many simply take what was handed to them first and fight everything else. Anyway, I think such a chat would be more productive. Just saying.

The picture in Revelation is symbolic to me of the spirit realm and demons, not anything physical like a physical abyss.

"Many Christians do not try to understand what was written in a verse in the Bible. Instead they approach the passage to prove what they already believe."
Old 06-17-2010, 03:57 PM
Are You Ready To Fly?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfblume View Post
I tried to get folks to discuss WHY they are pretrib, mid or post trib and preterist. Such discussions never really get going, though, since many simply take what was handed to them first and fight everything else. Anyway, I think such a chat would be more productive. Just saying.

The picture in Revelation is symbolic to me of the spirit realm and demons, not anything physical like a physical abyss.
Brother Blume you've made this comment before and I will tell you again that your Bible is not the only one to exist(I have one too) nor am I Catholic that takes in the oral tradition that is handed down.Brother Blume your a hard one to fellowship with because for some reason you seem to know all there is about all there is.I do appreciate your response however!
John 14:16 And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Counsellor to be with you for ever 17 The Spirit of truth. The world cannot accept him, because it neither sees him nor knows him. But you know him, for he lives with you and will be in you.

Last edited by easter; 06-17-2010 at 04:08 PM.
Old 06-17-2010, 06:07 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by easter View Post
Brother Blume you've made this comment before and I will tell you again that your Bible is not the only one to exist(I have one too) nor am I Catholic that takes in the oral tradition that is handed down.Brother Blume your a hard one to fellowship with because for some reason you seem to know all there is about all there is.I do appreciate your response however!
Sorry for seeing you call preterists deceived and challenging you on WHY you believe what you do in the face of our explanations.

"Many Christians do not try to understand what was written in a verse in the Bible. Instead they approach the passage to prove what they already believe."

Last edited by mfblume; 06-17-2010 at 06:10 PM.
Old 06-17-2010, 10:15 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Revelation 9
1 The fifth angel sounded his trumpet, and I saw a star that had fallen from the sky to the earth. The star was given the key to the shaft of the Abyss. 2When he opened the Abyss, smoke rose from it like the smoke from a gigantic furnace.

Now Read This....
Gulf of Mexico Basin, which contains the Sigsbee Deep and can be further divided into the continental rise, the Sigsbee Abyssal Plain, and the Mississippi Cone. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gulf_of_Mexico

I know I'm pretrib but you got to admit the Oil Spill that is gushing from a well that is the size of the Grand Canyon under the sea bed is oddly lining up to Revelation 9:1

Thoughts anyone?
So I guess BP is the star that fell from the sky and opened the Abyss?

I think there is no way that Revelation 9:1-2 refers to the oil spill. I think such use of scripture is as bad as saying that Zephaniah 1:15-16 was about 9/11 or as bad as saying that the Mark of the Beast is going to be a microchip placed in your right hand or forehead.

Last edited by jfrog; 06-17-2010 at 10:19 PM.
Old 06-18-2010, 08:31 AM
Are You Ready To Fly?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfrog View Post
So I guess BP is the star that fell from the sky and opened the Abyss?

I think there is no way that Revelation 9:1-2 refers to the oil spill. I think such use of scripture is as bad as saying that Zephaniah 1:15-16 was about 9/11 or as bad as saying that the Mark of the Beast is going to be a microchip placed in your right hand or forehead.
No I don't think the oil spill is THE abyss but doing a little research on this oil spill and knowing that man has tapped into an oil well deep as the Grand Canyon with millions of pounds of pressure behind it is something man has nothing to stop as we see the oil still flowing with an amount that we really can't say because that keeps changing.Is this a judgement from God or a result of man's greediness?
So we can take scripture and speculate as we do but there is one thing we do know for a fact and that is if man had the technology to stop the oil spill from a well that should have never been tapped into we would already see this problem fixed.They can't fix this because they don't know how,no one does or it would have been fixed already.
So as a watchman(woman) I will see where this fits because you better believe this is no small catastrophe.Also folks don't realize that the Methane Gas bubbling up along with the oil is not only going to suffocate wild life.Research it! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Methane

Last edited by easter; 06-18-2010 at 08:36 AM.
Old 06-18-2010, 08:36 AM
Banned

Quote:
No I don't think the oil spill is THE abyss but doing a little research on this oil spill and knowing that man has tapped into an oil well deep as the Grand Canyon with millions of pounds of pressure behind it is something man has nothing to stop as we see the oil still flowing with an amount that we really can't say because that keeps changing.Is this a judgement from God or a result of man's greediness?
So we can take scripture and speculate as we do but there is one thing we do know for a fact and that is if man had the technology to stop the oil spill from a well that should have never been tapped into we would already see this problem fixed.They can't fix this because they don't know how,no one does or it would have been fixed already.
So as a watchman(woman) I will see where this fits because you better believe this is no small catastrophe.Also folks don't realize that the Methane Gas bubbling up along with the oil is not only going to suffocate wild life.Research it!
It's a ecological disaster, no doubt about it, but it's not God's judgment. It's an accident.
Old 06-18-2010, 08:42 AM
Are You Ready To Fly?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfblume View Post
Sorry for seeing you call preterists deceived and challenging you on WHY you believe what you do in the face of our explanations.
Brother Blume I've seen your youtube videos and I'm not up for this discussion with you because I simply don't buy what you teach.Sorry!
Old 06-18-2010, 08:46 AM
Are You Ready To Fly?

Quote:
Originally Posted by seekerman View Post
It's a ecological disaster, no doubt about it, but it's not God's judgment. It's an accident.
You can't say for sure that it's not a judgement.It could be!

I hope not but on Fox News they are reporting that Methane Gas is smothering the wild life.Hello what about people?

http://www.buzzle.com/articles/metha...-symptoms.html

Last edited by easter; 06-18-2010 at 08:58 AM.
Old 06-18-2010, 08:47 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Brother Blume I've seen your youtube videos and I'm not up for this discussion with you because I simply don't buy what you teach.Sorry!
You cannot just call us deceived and then refuse to engage in a discussion as to WHY you differ. If you disagree, fine. But expect a challenge when you label us as deceived. Otherwise, do not mention it.

Really, you appear as though you do not know why, but simply choose to believe regardless. You said I am hard to fellowship with, and it all started with you when you called preterists deceived. So who is hard to fellowship? You do not think that is a little unfair when you refuse to explain why you think you are right.

I do not know everything, I can tell you that. But I try to explain WHY I believe what I do.

I honestly think you are not realizing that ANYTHING we have not heard before is generally rejected. It's the nature of people. But Bereans search the scriptures in honesty to see if what they had not heard before is true or not. We must go against that nature and seriously check something out. But if we LOOK for fault when checking things out, we are not checking them out honestly. We check it out to give it a chance, and refrain from looking for fault.

Last edited by mfblume; 06-18-2010 at 08:53 AM.