Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 08-07-2019, 10:24 AM
Registered Member

Verses showing the Triune Godhead in each verse

Isaiah 42:1
“Behold! My (Father God) Servant (Jesus) whom I uphold, My Elect One in whom My soul delights! I have put My Spirit upon Him; He will bring forth justice to the Gentiles.”

Isaiah 48:12-16
“Listen to Me, O Jacob, and Israel, My called: I am He, I am the First, I am also the Last. Indeed My hand has laid the foundation of the earth, and My right hand has stretched out the heavens … I, even I, have spoken; yes, I have called him, I have brought him, and his way will prosper. Come near to Me, hear this: I (Jesus) have not spoken in secret from the beginning; from the time that it was, I was there, and now the Lord GOD and His Spirit have sent Me.”

Note: Father God promises to come to His people in the form of His Servant Jesus. Yes, the Word/Logos/Jesus/Son of God was with Father God from the very beginning (John 1:1), except He was not called "Jesus", "Son of God",
until He was on earth.

Matthew 3:16-17
“When He had been baptized, Jesus came up immediately from the water; and behold, the heavens were opened to Him, and He saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove and alighting upon Him. And suddenly a voice came from heaven, saying, ‘This is My beloved Son, in whom I (Father God) am well pleased.’ ”

Matthew 28:19
“Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit …”

Question: Why one name? ... Why not 3 separate names?
Answer: Perhaps, They are All meant to be looked upon as One God.

Luke 1:35
“The Holy Spirit will come upon you (Mary), and the power of the Highest will over-shadow you; therefore, also, that Holy One (Jesus) who is to be born will be called the Son of (Father) God.”

John 14:26
“But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My (Jesus) name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you."

John 15:26
“But when the Helper comes, whom I (Jesus) shall send to you from the Father, the Spirit of truth who proceeds from the Father, He will testify of Me.”

Acts 2:38-39
“Then Peter said to them, ‘Repent, and let every one of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins; and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. For the promise is to you and to your children, and to all who are afar off, as many as the Lord our (Father) God will call.’ ”

Acts 7:54-56
“When they heard these things they were cut to the heart, and they gnashed at him (Stephen) with their teeth. But he, being full of the Holy Spirit, gazed into heaven and saw the glory of God, and Jesus standing at the right hand of (Father) God, and said, ‘Look! I see the heavens opened and the Son of Man standing at the right hand of God!’ ”

Romans 8:11
“But if the Spirit of Him (Father God) who raised Jesus from the dead dwells in you, He who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through His Spirit who dwells in you.”

1 Corinthians 6:11
“But you were washed, but you were sanctified, but you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus and by the Spirit of our (Father) God.”

2 Corinthians 13:14
“The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of (Father) God,
and the communion of the Holy Spirit be with you all. Amen.”

Ephesians 2:18
“For through Him (Jesus) we both have access by one Spirit to the Father.”

Titus 3:5-6
“… according to His (Father God’s) mercy He saved us, through the washing of regeneration and renewing of the Holy Spirit, whom He poured out on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Savior …”

I see the 3 Persons of the Godhead having different functions, such as:
Father = The CEO
Son = The Administrator
Holy Spirit = The Work-horse

And it was the Word (the Logos) who came to earth
and became flesh (Jesus Christ).
He was "called" the Son of God because the Holy Spirit was His "father".
In God's Plan it could be no other way; Jesus could not have a human father.

This is only a quick starter list ... please feel free to add more verses.

Last edited by BCsenior; 08-07-2019 at 10:36 AM.
Old 08-09-2019, 12:58 PM
Registered Member

Re: Verses showing the Triune Godhead in each vers

Quote:
Verses showing the Triune Godhead in each verse
Isaiah 42:1
“Behold! My (Father God) Servant (Jesus) whom I uphold, My Elect One in whom My soul delights! I have put My Spirit upon Him; He will bring forth justice to the Gentiles.”
Where do you see anything about three co equal co eternal persons each one distinct from the other one here? Remember to prove the trinity you must prove there are three co equal co eternal persons each one of them God distinctly from the other two.

It was a prophecy from the OT (which you said we should not use) about Gods servant. Is Gods SERVANT co equal with him? Is his SERVANT co eternal with him?

God is speaking about anointing the man Christ Jesus with HIS SPIRIT.

When God says I will put MY SPIRIT upon him how is that saying something that BELONGS TO GOD the one speaking, is co equal to God himself?

My spirit is not another person from me. Is your spirit another person from you?
Old 08-09-2019, 01:53 PM
Registered Member

Isaiah 48:12-16
“Listen to Me, O Jacob, and Israel, My called: I am He, I am the First, I am also the Last. Indeed My hand has laid the foundation of the earth, and My right hand has stretched out the heavens … I, even I, have spoken; yes, I have called him, I have brought him, and his way will prosper. Come near to Me, hear this: I have not spoken in secret from the beginning; from the time that it was, I was there, and now the Lord GOD and His Spirit have sent Me.”

Does the word "I" signify more than one person? How about the word "my"? How about the word "Me"?

Whoever is speaking is the FIRST AND THE LAST. The first and the last is obviously one person.

Jesus revealed to John who is the first and the last.

Rev 1:17

17And when I saw him, I fell at his feet as dead. And he laid his right hand upon me, saying unto me, Fear not; I am the first and the last: 18I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death.

Jesus is the first and the last. He pre existed as YHWH in the OT. If the first and the last here is God the Father, Jesus is God the Father.

For some reason you left out verse 14. The one God has called in this context is Israel.

The last words of verse 16 concerning the one sent by the Lord God and his Spirit refers to Isaiah.

Note.

Isaiah 6:1-8

1In the year that king Uzziah died I saw also the Lord sitting upon a throne, high and lifted up, and his train filled the temple. 2Above it stood the seraphims: each one had six wings; with twain he covered his face, and with twain he covered his feet, and with twain he did fly.

3And one cried unto another, and said, Holy, holy, holy, is the LORD of hosts: the whole earth is full of his glory.

4And the posts of the door moved at the voice of him that cried, and the house was filled with smoke.

5Then said I, Woe is me! for I am undone; because I am a man of unclean lips, and I dwell in the midst of a people of unclean lips: for mine eyes have seen the King, the LORD of hosts.

6Then flew one of the seraphims unto me, having a live coal in his hand, which he had taken with the tongs from off the altar: 7And he laid it upon my mouth, and said, Lo, this hath touched thy lips; and thine iniquity is taken away, and thy sin purged

8Also I heard the voice of the Lord, saying, Whom shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, Here am I; send me.

Isaiah sees the glory of the Adonai. In verse 8 it is clear Isaiah was the one who was sent by the Lord God and his Spirit.

John refers to this very thing in John 12:37-41

37But though he had done so many miracles before them, yet they believed not on him: 38That the saying of Esaias the prophet might be fulfilled, which he spake, Lord, who hath believed our report? and to whom hath the arm of the Lord been revealed? 39Therefore they could not believe, because that Esaias said again, 40He hath blinded their eyes, and hardened their heart; that they should not see with their eyes, nor understand with their heart, and be converted, and I should heal them. 41These things said Esaias, when he saw his glory, and spake of him.

Last edited by Michael The Disciple; 08-09-2019 at 01:56 PM.
Old 08-09-2019, 02:23 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Matthew 3:16-17
“When He had been baptized, Jesus came up immediately from the water; and behold, the heavens were opened to Him, and He saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove and alighting upon Him. And suddenly a voice came from heaven, saying, ‘This is My beloved Son, in whom I (Father God) am well pleased.’ ”
BC, Remember to prove the trinity you must produce verses that say there are three co equal and co eternal persons each one of them God distinct from the other two.

Two problems with the Trinitarian understanding of this event. The obvious is that it would produce three Gods instead of one at the baptism.

The other is if Jesus was there that day as the second God person one might ask why would a God person need to be baptized in water? The Trins have no problem with God.....needing to be baptized in water?

The obvious answer here is that Jesus was being baptized AS A MAN. His God and Father in Heaven.....the only true God was well pleased and gave a manifestation of himself as a pure dove coming upon his human son.
Old 08-09-2019, 02:37 PM
Registered Member

John the baptizer was told that the one he saw the spirit descending on and staying was the Christ. So the "dove" was for the sake of John the baptizer, the voice may have been to the disciples of John or to others around at the time to identify Jesus as the Christ as well.
Old 08-09-2019, 02:56 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Matthew 28:19
“Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit …”
Question: Why one name? ... Why not 3 separate names?
Answer: Perhaps, They are All meant to be looked upon as One God.
Well ok. Then all Trins should be baptized into the one name. Oneness practices this following the Apostles doctrine.
Old 08-09-2019, 03:00 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Luke 1:35
“The Holy Spirit will come upon you (Mary), and the power of the Highest will over-shadow you; therefore, also, that Holy One (Jesus) who is to be born will be called the Son of (Father) God.”
Was Jesus born as an eternal son? Or as a human son? Cant find three co equal co eternal persons here.

Jesus is called the Son of the Father. Not a God person.
Old 08-09-2019, 03:28 PM
Registered Member

I promised to produce NT verses where all 3 Persons
of the Triune Godhead are mentioned in each verse,
and I have done so.
Old 08-09-2019, 03:53 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCsenior View Post
I promised to produce NT verses where all 3 Persons
of the Triune Godhead are mentioned in each verse,
and I have done so.
Thats odd. I haven't found one!
Old 08-09-2019, 04:06 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael The Disciple View Post
Thats odd. I haven't found one!
That's simply because you have been deceived, brainwashed, etc.
against several NT spiritual Truths. Lots of people have been also!

Just look at the multitudes of "believers" today who are deceived into
believing in free-grace, easy-grace, hyper-grace, easy-believism, etc.
If they don't overcome this horrendous thinking (OSAS, eternal security),
they are in mortal danger of staying in habitual sin and going to hell.

The Trinity is not the only spiritual Truth taught in the NT.
The anti-OSAS truth is also taught BIG-TIME in the NT. Dozens of verses.
But, Satan (working through the churches) is the master liar and deceiver.

Last edited by BCsenior; 08-09-2019 at 04:10 PM.