Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall > WPF News
Facebook

Notices

WPF News Discussion of the WWPF meetings in Tulsa and related sidetracks.

Old 07-20-2008, 04:35 PM
Crazy father of 4

Location: Now? Phoenix, AZ. Before? Newark, OH, Wyandotte, MI, Tampa, FL
Re: Apostolic Assembly News-surprising footage

Something I just thought about. How would the former president of the group KNOW that corruption existed in the election process unless it existed when he was president also?
No this is not something someone has said or come up in talking with anyone but it just came to mind.
Something to ponder maybe

I'll get back to you when I figure it out.
Old 08-13-2008, 08:50 PM
Registered Member

**********************UPDATE********************** *********

For those familiar with the Apostolic Assembly:

David Zuniga from LA has just resigned....he has made his resignation letter public, so I will post it here....
Old 08-13-2008, 08:50 PM
Registered Member

To all bishops, elders, pastors, ministers, and the church of God in general:
Greetings in the name of Jesus!
It is with much regret that I dismiss myself from the AAFCJ. In it I have left a big part of
my youth, my strength, my health and my ministry. Now I leave friends in the ministry of
whom I have great admiration for and for whom I suffer to know are left within an
unhealthy system.
I know that as I leave speculation will arise, as it is common in the system of the AAFCJ,
which tears apart those who leave. Soon you will receive the famous letter that you will
not be able to receive me in your churches or give me the pulpit. I in return say to all the
Pastors, you are always welcome to my pulpit.
Some might say that it was because of the G12, which is now known as “The Jesus
Strategy” but is in transition, by the General Board’s direction, into becoming “The Jesus
Tragedy”. Certainly we practice the M12, that is to say the model of the 12, not as a
doctrine but as a strategy and not the G12.
Others might say that it is because of the lawsuit that I put forth for the death of my 15
years old daughter. I announced to Eduardo Pacheco and Leobardo Maffey of my
intentions and their response was “you are in all your right.” The insurance then put their
best attorney forward. Obviously if there was an agreement to our favor it was because
there was a just cause. I am asking please respect our sorrow; the truth is there is no
money in the world that can replace our daughter.
Others might say because of a pending audit. Brothers, they have done so many to us that
another would not matter. My friend, Pastor; when they tell you that they are coming to
do an audit, it is a sign that they have you on their black list. My questions are these -
Who audits the General Board? - How much do they earn? A bishop who was called not
long ago to make an adjustment of salaries told me, “David, if the Pastor’s would only
know how much money they earn and how they misuse the money, there would be a
division!” When this person asked “why so much waste?” the answer to him was “you
are here to sign not to ask questions.”
They accused me of not sending the tithe of tithes; I confess there were times, not always
that the congregation was not able to send the tithes because our building was in much
need of repairs and a payment of $15,500.00. Please see the attached letter that was
mailed to the President. We were also had repairs of $150,000.00 on the building. We
never received help, just criticism, scolding, and threats. I believe that for many of my
comrades this will remind them of similar experiences.
Old 08-13-2008, 09:00 PM
Registered Member

Then "Why am I leaving?" you might ask

First of all, I am not getting any younger and I do not want, as I get older, to askwith anguish "Why didn't I have the manhood to leave a system that has nothing to offer me but oprresion, manipulation dominion and fear?"
Secondly, I am leaving, they are not taking me out. I am leaving, allowing my colleagues to know that for a temple valued at $8,000,000 and $300,000 cash, I am not going to stay hostage along with my congregation in a system that has forgotten who the Lord is.

Thirdly, to protest why my colleagues and I were for eleven hours voting for, whom I though the Lord was directing to, only to discover by trustworthy sources that all of this was a joke.

Fourthly, to declare my total disagreement at the abuse and lack of honor and justice in the case of honorable men as brothers Rodriguez, Salomon, Torres, Avila, Andrade, Mendoza, Del Castillo, their families, congregations, and other whose voices remained silent in the great cemetery of the Apostolic Assembly. With this I refer to an organization, not the church of which I love. To these brethern and a trial was never conducted.

Fifth, In regard for the health of my wife due to so much persecution and threats by the General Board and now today she suffers a sickness of which we pray for everyday. Before I lost a great woman that God has given me, I prefer to leave this unhealthy system

In conclusion, I plead with all pastors to act quickly and save your church, investigate, talk, and do not fear, insist on change. My dear brethern, if you have a question, do no hesitate to write ********************

Rev. David Zuniga
Old 08-13-2008, 09:05 PM
Administrator

CP,

A couple of questions;

1. What is the story about the death of his 15 year old daughter and a lawsuit regarding it? What happened?

2. Is this Zuniga related to the one that pastors the UPC church in Gallatin here in the Nashville area?
"I think some people love spiritual bondage just the way some people love physical bondage. It makes them feel secure. In the end though it is not healthy for the one who is lost over it or the one who is lives under the oppression even if by their own choice"

Titus2woman on AF
F

"We did not wear uniforms. The lady workers dressed in the current fashions of the day, ...silks...satins...jewels or whatever they happened to possess. They were very smartly turned out, so that they made an impressive appearance on the streets where a large part of our work was conducted in the early years.

"It was not until long after, when former Holiness preachers had become part of us, that strict plainness of dress began to be taught.

"Although Entire Sanctification was preached at the beginning of the Movement, it was from a Wesleyan viewpoint, and had in it very little of the later Holiness Movement characteristics. Nothing was ever said about apparel, for everyone was so taken up with the Lord that mode of dress seemingly never occurred to any of us."

Quote from Ethel Goss (widow of 1st UPC Gen Supt. Howard Goss) book "The Winds of God"
Old 08-13-2008, 09:11 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC1 View Post
CP,

A couple of questions;

1. What is the story about the death of his 15 year old daughter and a lawsuit regarding it? What happened?

2. Is this Zuniga related to the one that pastors the UPC church in Gallatin here in the Nashville area?
his 15 year old daughter was riding home from an Apostolic Assembly youth event. The car was traveling on Azuza street in LA...
The driver of the car crashed into another car, killing Bro. Zuniga's daughter.

Turned out later that he had multiple reckless driving citations, had a very bad driving record, that the Directors of the event were aware of and still let him drive.

Zuniga sued and is rumored to have won a few million dollars in the lawsuit

David Zuniga is not related to UPC-Pastor Tim Zuniga
Old 08-13-2008, 09:13 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoPastor View Post
his 15 year old daughter was riding home from an Apostolic Assembly youth event. The car was traveling on Azuza street in LA...
The driver of the car crashed into another car, killing Bro. Zuniga's daughter.

Turned out later that he had multiple reckless driving citations, had a very bad driving record, that the Directors of the event were aware of and still let him drive.

Zuniga sued and is rumored to have won a few million dollars in the lawsuit

David Zuniga is not related to UPC-Pastor Tim Zuniga

That is very sad about his daughter but I wonder how many preachers or event coordinators (including this man who sued) check out drivers records for church events?
"I think some people love spiritual bondage just the way some people love physical bondage. It makes them feel secure. In the end though it is not healthy for the one who is lost over it or the one who is lives under the oppression even if by their own choice"

Titus2woman on AF
F

"We did not wear uniforms. The lady workers dressed in the current fashions of the day, ...silks...satins...jewels or whatever they happened to possess. They were very smartly turned out, so that they made an impressive appearance on the streets where a large part of our work was conducted in the early years.

"It was not until long after, when former Holiness preachers had become part of us, that strict plainness of dress began to be taught.

"Although Entire Sanctification was preached at the beginning of the Movement, it was from a Wesleyan viewpoint, and had in it very little of the later Holiness Movement characteristics. Nothing was ever said about apparel, for everyone was so taken up with the Lord that mode of dress seemingly never occurred to any of us."

Quote from Ethel Goss (widow of 1st UPC Gen Supt. Howard Goss) book "The Winds of God"
Old 08-13-2008, 09:19 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
That is very sad about his daughter but I wonder how many preachers or event coordinators (including this man who sued) check out drivers records for church events?
from what I heard, the reason he was able to sue is because the event coordinators were aware of the guy's bad driving record...

The story of her death actually brought hundreds to God...
She was pronounced dead, at the scene and taken to the morgue.

At the morgue, her family and many members of her Dad's Church showed up to pray that God would raise her from the dead...

tongues and interpretation came forth, in the morgue...The Lord basicly said that he would use this girl's life and death to draw people that knew her, to God. Something else was said about the price of revival....

Her Dad, at that time, Pastored a church of about 400........well over 1,000 showed up for the funeral... Then either at the funeral or the Sunday following 120 something kids, from her school, came to Church and received the baptism of the Holy Ghost....

Bro. Zuniga's church grew from 400 to over a 1,000 in less than two years...
Old 08-13-2008, 09:26 PM
Administrator

With all of the turmoil in this Apostolic org. I would assume those leaving will form a new org?

From what I understand the org. owns the assets including church buildings, etc. Doe that mean that this pastor will lose an $8 million dollar building?

Also if there is a note on the building wouldn't the org. be responsible for that note if they kick the pastor / church out?

Titus2woman on AF
F

Old 08-13-2008, 09:30 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
With all of the turmoil in this Apostolic org. I would assume those leaving will form a new org?

From what I understand the org. owns the assets including church buildings, etc. Doe that mean that this pastor will lose an $8 million dollar building?

Also if there is a note on the building wouldn't the org. be responsible for that note if they kick the pastor / church out?
you got it!
They are losing their 8 million dollar billing and more than 300,000 in cash in the bank plus assets...

it's like starting over............but with 1,000 people