Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Sanctuary > Prayer Closet
Facebook

Notices

Prayer Closet The place to post prayer requests & testimonies. All new requests will auto-stick in Fellowship Hall for 48 hours.

Old 02-16-2007, 10:24 AM
Registered Member

Donna

I have a an old friend from highschool that we'd recently bumped into while doorknocking. I have spoken to her before and invited her to church, but everytime she'd dodge me when it came time for church. This time she's kept the communication going for over a month, she has not come to church yet nor had bible study. The other day she told me that she would like to have a bible study with me on Sunday afternoon.

Here's the situation that needs prayer.... she is in a profession that is hard to get out of and feels that going to church would be hypocritical until she is outta there. She won't leave the job because she "needs the money" but she dropped out of highschool and can't really get a good job besides mcD's.

Please pray that she get's a decent job and follows thru with coming to church, pray for her deliverence from the spirit that has her bound where she's at, and for her to get salvation.

Old 02-17-2007, 10:13 AM
Administrator

I will keep her in my prayers.
Old 02-17-2007, 10:20 AM
Registered Member

Tell her you don't get good to get God, you get God to get good.........
Psa 119:165 (KJV) 165 Great peace have they which love thy law: and nothing shall offend them.

"Do not believe everthing you read on the internet" - Abe Lincoln
Old 02-17-2007, 10:39 AM
Wouldn't Take Nothin' For My Journey Now!

Donna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warmbee View Post
I have a an old friend from highschool that we'd recently bumped into while doorknocking. I have spoken to her before and invited her to church, but everytime she'd dodge me when it came time for church. This time she's kept the communication going for over a month, she has not come to church yet nor had bible study. The other day she told me that she would like to have a bible study with me on Sunday afternoon.

Here's the situation that needs prayer.... she is in a profession that is hard to get out of and feels that going to church would be hypocritical until she is outta there. She won't leave the job because she "needs the money" but she dropped out of highschool and can't really get a good job besides mcD's.

Please pray that she get's a decent job and follows thru with coming to church, pray for her deliverence from the spirit that has her bound where she's at, and for her to get salvation.

May our Wonderful God draw this dear woman by His Spirit!

May He give you the wisdom to work with her as He finishes the

good work He has begun in Donna, through you!! We are

His Body in the earth!!

Blessings,

Falla39
Old 02-19-2007, 07:13 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevDWW View Post
Tell her you don't get good to get God, you get God to get good.........
That is what I told her She didn't return my calls this weekend, nor was she home, but two other souls who I've been praying for came to church, and one of those two recieved a really good touch for the first time, so I'm just gonna continue to have faith, pray, and reach out to Donna. One of the two that came sunday is a bible study that was completed over a year ago, so I do understand that sometimes it does take a long time for a person to come around

Old 02-19-2007, 11:16 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warmbee View Post
That is what I told her She didn't return my calls this weekend, nor was she home, but two other souls who I've been praying for came to church, and one of those two recieved a really good touch for the first time, so I'm just gonna continue to have faith, pray, and reach out to Donna. One of the two that came sunday is a bible study that was completed over a year ago, so I do understand that sometimes it does take a long time for a person to come around

Here's what I count on, I will plant and/or water, but only God can give the increase.

Keep at it. You'll reap if you don't faint!!!!!!!!
Psa 119:165 (KJV) 165 Great peace have they which love thy law: and nothing shall offend them.

"Do not believe everthing you read on the internet" - Abe Lincoln
Old 02-19-2007, 02:58 PM
Registered Member