Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Sanctuary > Prayer Closet
Facebook

Notices

Prayer Closet The place to post prayer requests & testimonies. All new requests will auto-stick in Fellowship Hall for 48 hours.

Old 02-16-2007, 09:43 AM
His Eminance, High Potatohead Potatotate

A Testimony of God's Goodness...

I have posted this on some other forums... but wasn't going to post it here..
but thought the better of it...

Brethern (and Sisters)..

I just wanted to share this testimony..

A Business Man here locally and I became Freinds about 6 years ago.
He, for the last two years, has been trying to get me involved in his business. Well I put him off for about two years or so then a couple of weeks ago I called him just to test the waters and see if it would be something that would work out. This man has become extremely wealthy in the last couple of years. He is a Christian and attends a local assembly.

Well I tested the waters by attending a couple of meetings with him but everytime I would pray about it the Lord would tell my that it's not my focus. I need to focus on people concerning building a church and not looking at folks as financial focus. I like to listen to the Lord.

I called this man last night to give him the news. He began talking to me and he told that Men of God need financial support from the Church. That the church should treat the Man of God and his family much better then they have in the past. I just sat listening and praying that GOd would give me 200 men that had the concepts of finance and support and the character of this man.

He told me that I was a member of his organization whether or not I was there and he would put people under me that bring financial support to me and my family. To be honest I almost weeped on the phone. I told him that whatever he decided would be fine.

We had a Bible Study last night with a woman who owns a fitness center and she has about 300 members or so. She told us last night she is going to start inviting those members to come to our Bible Study.

Brethern, Sometimes I am amazed at what God does... and I am humbled by it.. I don't understand why we go thru what we do at times but all the more I do understand that God has everything in complete control if we'll just put our complete trust in Him..

Just wanted to share this testimony..

Randy
Old 02-16-2007, 11:04 AM
Apostolic Kitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by revrandy View Post
I have posted this on some other forums... but wasn't going to post it here..
but thought the better of it...

Brethern (and Sisters)..

I just wanted to share this testimony..

A Business Man here locally and I became Freinds about 6 years ago.
He, for the last two years, has been trying to get me involved in his business. Well I put him off for about two years or so then a couple of weeks ago I called him just to test the waters and see if it would be something that would work out. This man has become extremely wealthy in the last couple of years. He is a Christian and attends a local assembly.

Well I tested the waters by attending a couple of meetings with him but everytime I would pray about it the Lord would tell my that it's not my focus. I need to focus on people concerning building a church and not looking at folks as financial focus. I like to listen to the Lord.

I called this man last night to give him the news. He began talking to me and he told that Men of God need financial support from the Church. That the church should treat the Man of God and his family much better then they have in the past. I just sat listening and praying that GOd would give me 200 men that had the concepts of finance and support and the character of this man.

He told me that I was a member of his organization whether or not I was there and he would put people under me that bring financial support to me and my family. To be honest I almost weeped on the phone. I told him that whatever he decided would be fine.

We had a Bible Study last night with a woman who owns a fitness center and she has about 300 members or so. She told us last night she is going to start inviting those members to come to our Bible Study.

Brethern, Sometimes I am amazed at what God does... and I am humbled by it.. I don't understand why we go thru what we do at times but all the more I do understand that God has everything in complete control if we'll just put our complete trust in Him..

Just wanted to share this testimony..

Randy

Sounds like some great things are going to come out of this! Keep us updated!
Old 02-16-2007, 12:32 PM
Registered Member

God is so good and He is able to provide for us above what we would think or ask. Keep us posted. It sounds like doors are opening for you.
Old 02-16-2007, 04:00 PM
His Eminance, High Potatohead Potatotate

Keep us in your prayers!!!
Old 02-16-2007, 04:05 PM
Resident PeaceMaker

REVRANDY I'm grateful for what God is doing for yall,God has great things in store for you.
Old 02-16-2007, 04:29 PM
Jellybean!

So happy to hear of your blessings RevRandy!

Thanks for sharing!
Old 02-16-2007, 04:49 PM

Uhhh, when you have too much money, remember that dude who fits in your old suit coats.....

Great testimony, Bro. I hope you have good reports from the 300 fitness club members.
Old 02-16-2007, 04:58 PM
Registered Member

Good to hear Bro. It is a good thing that you put your priorities in their proper place and were able to listen to that still smal voice.

I pray it is a blessing on so many levels for you!

God Bless!

Ron