Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall > WPF News
Facebook

Notices

WPF News Discussion of the WWPF meetings in Tulsa and related sidetracks.

Old 02-01-2011, 08:54 AM
crakjak

Re: If you leave a church, your out of Gods will ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.W. Bowman View Post
No matter what one does in life, or in church, you will not please everyone, nor even be accepted by most. If there is a “leading” of the Spirit to go, or to do something, then go and do it! Do not look for conformation in man’s opinions. It is nice when that happens, but we are admonished not to put our trust in any man (or woman, but in God alone.

For those who would say, “your out of God will.”, the simple response is to ask them what is God’s will concerning the lives and ministries of the other members of the congregation. That is, what is this individual’s history as a prophet among the assembly? If the person who is making such a statement concerning you and God’s will is in a leadership position, ask them for their reasoning (spiritual insight and knowledge) for making such a judgment. Are they looking out after your best spiritual interest (and that of those you might minister to) or are they looking out after “their own best interest”, as they perceive that to be?

There is a scriptural foundation for seeking out counsel prior to committing yourself to any course of action or undertaking up a new task. But, the counsel must be “wise counsel”, not just the gathering the opinions from those who have a vested self interest in influencing your decisions!

Finally, what great sin does the scriptures assign to an individual who goes out and actually tests what is perceived to be the leading (instruction) of the Holy Spirit? Who fears what you might discover by your stepping out in faith, and why do these people fear what you might discover? It could be our Lord will be clear and show you that you are NOT to make any changes in your life and/or life style. Will the expected response from your current church be, “See, we told you so!”? Or, will it be, “Thank God you listened to His voice, and welcome home.”? How would you respond if God told you no, don’t make any moves now? Could you handle that as well?

Now, search out your heart and make sure your motives are clear before God. Why are you thinking of making a move? Be honest with yourself. If your conscience is clear before God, and there remains a “spiritual pull” to make a change, then go for it! Test it! And, abide by the results as you understand them to be – in God’s eyes. You might be met with a great deal of hindrance – but do not use in-the-world resistance or circumstances as the standard of measurement, use the word of God and the witness of God’s Spirit to your spirit.

Now, go study and pray.
Well reasoned and well said, AW!
For it is written, "As I live, says the Lord every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall give praise to God. (Romans 14:11- NASB)

www.tentmaker.org
www.coventryreserve.org
Old 02-01-2011, 09:02 AM
crakjak

Quote:
Originally Posted by larryboy View Post
Yeah i know what all this about. I was raised in a ultra-con church, We thought that all churches were like ours. We had really good friends who ended up moving to another town. They attended a very big church in the UPC. When i went to visit them, i was totally amazed at this church.. They were not like mine, as far as standards go. but they were on fire.. I remember after a while i went to my pastor to talk to him about moving up there. I had a call on my life and I wanted to attend Bible college. I was so excited about it. As soon as i told my pastor where i wanted to go he flat out said NO! I asked if he would consider praying about it, he said it was not Gods will for me to move. He did not have to pray about it. The answer was NO!
Needless to say my plans were shot down. After a while I would go visit my friend, they were like a second family. about 8 years ago our whole family went on vacation to visit our friends. We came from a church where you had to ask for permission to go on vacation, my father did not belive in asking for permission, but he did believe in telling your pastor you were going out of town, and you would let him know how long you were going to be gone. We went of town and had a great time. Well when we got back home, we got yelled at.. It is a long story.. but basically our pastor told my parents they were a cancer, and as soon as we were removed the church would have revival.
We ended up going to another UPC across town, a church that we were raised to be against. They were considered liberals. I DID NOT want to be there... Well it was the best decision we made. We realized all the things we were told about this church was wrong. It was a revival church! on fire to reach to lost no matter what the cost was. It has been 8 years since i left the ultra-con church. I have a relationship with my former pastor, we are friends. I am a minister in my local church and my wife and I are assisting and helping in anyway that we can. But I get it from my former pastor and saints from his church that we are out of the will of God, and we are lost, one time after church we went out to eat, my former pastor was there. He came up to our table and asked how we were doing. someone at the table made the comment about the message i preached that night and how it was a great service, my former pastor looked at me and said " too bad that your preaching is in vain, your chuch is backsliden and your not preaching the truth" talk about a slap in the face. A matter of fact, I was never invited to preach in the church i was raised in. I preached there when i was a member, but never since i was in another UPC church. When i got married i moved to where my wife is from. She was from an independent church and they were ultra-cons. one time we came into town to visit my parents, my former pastor invited me to preach at his church! I was only able to preach in his church because i was back in a ultra-con church. Its sad that people can say that your out of the will of God. I like what my father has told me. The will of God is for you to serve God, and be a soul winner. It does not matter where you are. If your winning souls your doing the will of God.
There are many people in our city, who grew weary and tired in that ultra-con church, they wanted to move to my church, they wanted to be in a place where souls were being born. but they have it planted in them, that if you go anywhere else, your out of Gods will and your not saved. Many of those people no longer go to church.... Its sad to be in a church where the pastor wont even pray about it. When i decided to move when i got married, my pastor was sad, but he is not a ruler, he gave me the blessing and told me, no matter where i go.. keep on working!
Men that do as your former pastor, are what scripture says is: "...holding the truth in unrighteousness..." They preach Christ, only in the context of all their rules and it creates bondage to those that have been set free in Christ. It is wrong, wrong, wrong. God's grace and salvation is NOT contingent on the approval of any man.
For it is written, "As I live, says the Lord every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall give praise to God. (Romans 14:11- NASB)

www.tentmaker.org
www.coventryreserve.org
Old 02-01-2011, 10:19 AM
Jesus is the only Lord God

Quote:
Originally Posted by larryboy View Post
Yeah i know what all this about. I was raised in a ultra-con church, We thought that all churches were like ours. We had really good friends who ended up moving to another town. They attended a very big church in the UPC. When i went to visit them, i was totally amazed at this church.. They were not like mine, as far as standards go. but they were on fire.. I remember after a while i went to my pastor to talk to him about moving up there. I had a call on my life and I wanted to attend Bible college. I was so excited about it. As soon as i told my pastor where i wanted to go he flat out said NO! I asked if he would consider praying about it, he said it was not Gods will for me to move. He did not have to pray about it. The answer was NO!
Needless to say my plans were shot down. After a while I would go visit my friend, they were like a second family. about 8 years ago our whole family went on vacation to visit our friends. We came from a church where you had to ask for permission to go on vacation, my father did not belive in asking for permission, but he did believe in telling your pastor you were going out of town, and you would let him know how long you were going to be gone. We went of town and had a great time. Well when we got back home, we got yelled at.. It is a long story.. but basically our pastor told my parents they were a cancer, and as soon as we were removed the church would have revival.
We ended up going to another UPC across town, a church that we were raised to be against. They were considered liberals. I DID NOT want to be there... Well it was the best decision we made. We realized all the things we were told about this church was wrong. It was a revival church! on fire to reach to lost no matter what the cost was. It has been 8 years since i left the ultra-con church. I have a relationship with my former pastor, we are friends. I am a minister in my local church and my wife and I are assisting and helping in anyway that we can. But I get it from my former pastor and saints from his church that we are out of the will of God, and we are lost, one time after church we went out to eat, my former pastor was there. He came up to our table and asked how we were doing. someone at the table made the comment about the message i preached that night and how it was a great service, my former pastor looked at me and said " too bad that your preaching is in vain, your chuch is backsliden and your not preaching the truth" talk about a slap in the face. A matter of fact, I was never invited to preach in the church i was raised in. I preached there when i was a member, but never since i was in another UPC church. When i got married i moved to where my wife is from. She was from an independent church and they were ultra-cons. one time we came into town to visit my parents, my former pastor invited me to preach at his church! I was only able to preach in his church because i was back in a ultra-con church. Its sad that people can say that your out of the will of God. I like what my father has told me. The will of God is for you to serve God, and be a soul winner. It does not matter where you are. If your winning souls your doing the will of God.
There are many people in our city, who grew weary and tired in that ultra-con church, they wanted to move to my church, they wanted to be in a place where souls were being born. but they have it planted in them, that if you go anywhere else, your out of Gods will and your not saved. Many of those people no longer go to church.... Its sad to be in a church where the pastor wont even pray about it. When i decided to move when i got married, my pastor was sad, but he is not a ruler, he gave me the blessing and told me, no matter where i go.. keep on working!
...Testifying both to the Jews, and also to the Greeks, repentance toward God, and faith toward our Lord Jesus Christ...(Acts 20:21)
Old 02-01-2011, 10:32 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by crakjak View Post
Men that do as your former pastor, are what scripture says is: "...holding the truth in unrighteousness..." They preach Christ, only in the context of all their rules and it creates bondage to those that have been set free in Christ. It is wrong, wrong, wrong. God's grace and salvation is NOT contingent on the approval of any man.
Yup! And all those "rules" will have no meaning if/when we're called away in the rapture.

One rule to living is we need air to breathe. It doesn't matter what temperature as long as we can breathe and survive. So, for all those people/pastors who set rules and such that reach far beyond the Bible stand a chance of causing suffocation rather than allowing room to breathe.
Old 02-05-2011, 10:28 PM
Stranger in a Strange Land

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyWayne View Post
I have been around enough to know that "Gods will" as it applies to what church you attend is directly proportional to the amount you give/tithe. At least according to other members/pastors of the church's in question.
HOLY mackerel! . R U sure you're not just bitter? lol

I was helping an org preacher with a HM work a few years ago, and when I told him it was the will of God for me to be leaving (getting married and moving on) he preached a tailor-made sermon to the church (about 15 people at the time). "The will of God is NOT location". You know, he was right on, but not in the way he meant it. The reason I mention this is because that same service he took up the offering, and as he pulled out his wallet began to lead the chorus, "Turn it over to Jesus, turn it over to Jesus, turn it over to Jesus, and you can SMIIIIIIILE, the rest of the day"! Dont' ask me how this relates to tithing, maybe it's the spirit of the thing.

Last edited by Sabby; 02-05-2011 at 10:31 PM. Reason: Very bad spelling and disjointed thinking
Old 02-09-2014, 02:17 PM
Registered Member

Jeff Arnold once preached.

DO WE HAVE PENTCOSTAL POPES NOW?
Old 02-09-2014, 03:47 PM
Banned