Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > The Playground > Sports Arena
Facebook

Notices

Sports Arena For all those who want to talk sports...

Old 10-25-2011, 08:00 AM
crakjak

Re: Pick Your World Series Champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by shag View Post
They're both great teams allright, but last nights game was a prime example u mentioned of the Cards choking, prophet CJ!
How many chances can ya blow in one game? I think what got me the most(asside from missed RBI chances) is during the 8th, Pujoles swingin at a pitch a ft out, for lack of confidence in the following batter, Holiday, hadn't done didley squat in the series so he figured he'd get out....so he swings while runner on first is already shot on to 2nd with NO OUTS! They gun him down / making a double out and then to icing the cake Holiday actually got/walked on meaning Pujols for sure made an error by swinging at that rediculous pitch. Just nuts!

Hats off to Texas for locking them down!!!
Tomar night will be an incredible game.
The Birds record of RISP stranded, last night was a testimony to CJ and the Texas bullpen! And Washington's managment of both, he out managed La Russa this time. Example: splitting the lefties, so La Russa has to pitch to Nap in between.
For it is written, "As I live, says the Lord every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall give praise to God. (Romans 14:11- NASB)

www.tentmaker.org
www.coventryreserve.org
Old 10-27-2011, 10:42 PM

What an unbelievable game!
Yes!

And I have field box tickets to game 7!!!!

Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen. - Eph. 4:29

Last edited by shag; 10-27-2011 at 10:53 PM.
Old 10-27-2011, 10:55 PM
Forever Loved Admin

Quote:
What an unbelievable game!
Yes!

And I have field box tickets to game 7!!!!
I don't think I can take another game. Good grief.
If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.
2 Chronicles 7:14 KJV

He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? Micah 6:8 KJV

Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is. 1 John 3:2 KJV
Old 10-27-2011, 11:48 PM
crakjak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindy View Post
I don't think I can take another game. Good grief.
I check back here Saturday, to see who won!! LOL What a game! The home team had the advantage, but the Rangers couldn't buy that last out.
For it is written, "As I live, says the Lord every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall give praise to God. (Romans 14:11- NASB)

www.tentmaker.org
www.coventryreserve.org
Old 10-28-2011, 09:51 PM
Supercalifragilisticexpiali...

Cards!!!!!

Go crazy folks! Go crazy!

I am a firm believer in the Old Paths

Articles on such subjects as "The New Birth," will be accepted, whether they teach that the new birth takes place before baptism in water and Spirit, or that the new birth consists of baptism of water and Spirit. - THE PENTECOSTAL HERALD Dec. 1945

"It is doubtful if any Trinitarian Pentecostals have ever professed to believe in three gods, and Oneness Pentecostals should not claim that they do." - Daniel Segraves
Old 10-29-2011, 06:59 AM
Registered Member

I was rather impressed at how good the Cards are. I think what got us Rangers was our intimidation of their consistency. That's the only thing I could think of just by watching the errors...

Oh, well. Congrats to the Cards. Hopefully next year we'll come back for the victory on our own turf...
Old 10-29-2011, 08:17 AM
Forever Loved Admin

Congratulations to the St. Louis Cardinals.

Texas Rangers, try again next year.
If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? Micah 6:8 KJV

Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is. 1 John 3:2 KJV
Old 10-29-2011, 10:02 AM

We were in the 11th row behind homeplate area, fantastic seats, fantastic game, but after it was over it became unbelievable chaos. People were stacked up at the gates trying to get in. We left trying to get thru thousands of drunken fans trying to get in to party it up. People falling down runnin in to eachother.
My wife, our 3 yr and our 1 yr old and myself were glad to get out of there! Beer bottles, beer cans, and trash all in the streets outside the stadium, with police trying to contain the stampede of intoxicated people. I will most likely never do that again, especially with younguns'. We did beat the traffic out, took only about 15 minutes.

With that type of atmosphere, its easy to see why sports has been preached against. Nothing wrong with baseball, but that was some bad stuff afterward.

Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen. - Eph. 4:29

Last edited by shag; 10-29-2011 at 10:16 AM.
Old 10-29-2011, 10:54 AM
Forever Loved Admin

Quote:
We were in the 11th row behind homeplate area, fantastic seats, fantastic game, but after it was over it became unbelievable chaos. People were stacked up at the gates trying to get in. We left trying to get thru thousands of drunken fans trying to get in to party it up. People falling down runnin in to eachother.
My wife, our 3 yr and our 1 yr old and myself were glad to get out of there! Beer bottles, beer cans, and trash all in the streets outside the stadium, with police trying to contain the stampede of intoxicated people. I will most likely never do that again, especially with younguns'. We did beat the traffic out, took only about 15 minutes.

With that type of atmosphere, its easy to see why sports has been preached against. Nothing wrong with baseball, but that was some bad stuff afterward.

Yeah, that's the idiotic part of Pro Sports to me. Sell alcohol to so many people, and not expect drunk driving and chaos.

Old 11-21-2011, 07:17 AM
Registered Member

cards rule, cubs drool, i waited a whole month to gloat, dt