Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Sanctuary > Deep Waters > Islamic Issues and News
Facebook

Notices

Islamic Issues and News Discuss Islam and report on current issues regarding Islam

Old 05-16-2007, 12:15 PM
Bruce Klein

Islam vs. Christianity Part 3

Islam vs. Christianity Part 3

III. God’s Name
A Moslem simple says ‘Allah’, which is the Arabic word for ‘god’. Muslims don’t know the name of their god. A Christian should know the name of the Moslem god is ‘Satan’.

A Christian’s God’s name is Jesus. God loves us so must He has told us His name. Our God wants a personal relationship with us, so He has told us His name, so we can talk with Him.

Jesus is God.
"For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace." Isaiah 9:6

"Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ;" Titus 2:13

"And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us an understanding, that we may know him that is true, and we are in him that is true, even in his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God, and eternal life." 1 John 5:20

"But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:" (Why is He coming in the likeness of men? Because He's God!) Philippians 2:7

"And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, ... ." Philippians 2:8

"Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ. {9} For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily." Colossians 2:8-9

"Howbeit for this cause I obtained mercy, that in me first Jesus Christ might show forth all longsuffering, for a pattern to them which should hereafter believe on him to life everlasting. {17} Now unto the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only wise God, be honour and glory for ever and ever. Amen." 1 Timothy 1:16-17

"And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, ... ." 1 Timothy 3:16

"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God." John 1:1

“Therefore the Jews sought the more to kill him, because he not only had broken the Sabbath, but said also

that God was his Father, making himself equal with God.” John 5:18

"At that day ye shall know that I am in my Father, and ye in me, and I in you." (Jesus in you - Showing deity) John 14:20

"But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom. {9} Thou hast loved righteousness, and hated iniquity; therefore God, even thy God, hath anointed thee with the oil of gladness above thy fellows." Hebrews 1:8-9

(The Epistle to the Hebrews gives the most facts about who Jesus is)

"Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a Son, and they shall call His name Emanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us." Matthew 1:23

“And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God.” John 20:28

Jesus in the Kor’an
Surah 3:45 Behold! the angels said: "O Mary! Allah giveth thee glad tidings of a Word from Him: his name will be Christ Jesus, the son of Mary, held in honour in this world and the Hereafter and of the company of those nearest to Allah; 46 "He shall speak to the people in childhood and in maturity. And he shall be of the company of the righteous." 47 She said: "O my Lord! How shall I have a son when no man hath touched me?" He said: "Even so: Allah createth what He willeth: When He hath decreed a plan, He but saith to it, ‘Be,’ and it is!

Surah 5:13 Then will Allah say: "O Jesus the son of Mary! Recount My favour to thee and to thy mother. Behold! I strengthened thee with the holy spirit, so that thou didst speak to the people in childhood and in maturity. Behold! I taught thee the Book and Wisdom, the Law and the Gospel and behold! thou makest out of clay, as it were, the figure of a bird, by My leave, and thou breathest into it and it becometh a bird by My leave, and thou healest those born blind, and the lepers, by My leave. And behold! thou bringest forth the dead by My leave. And behold! I did restrain the Children of Israel from violence to thee when thou didst show them the clear Signs, and the unbelievers among them said: ‘This is nothing but evident magic.’

Surah 157-158 That they said in boast, "We killed Christ Jesus the son of Mary, the Messenger of Allah";– but they killed him not, nor crucified him, but so it was made to appear to them, and those who differ therein are full of doubts, with no certain knowledge, but only conjecture to follow, for of a surety they killed him not:– 158 Nay, Allah raised him up unto Himself; and Allah is Exalted in Power, Wise;–

Surah 19:16 Relate in the Book the story of Mary, when she withdrew from her family to a place in the East. 17 She placed a screen to screen herself from them; then We sent her our angel, and he appeared before her as a man in all respects. 18 She said: "I seek refuge from thee to Allah Most Gracious: come not near if thou dost fear Allah." 19 He said: "Nay, I am only a messenger from thy Lord, to announce to thee the gift of a holy son. 20 How shall I have a son, seeing that no man has touched me, and I am not unchaste?" 21 He She said: "said: "So it will be: Thy Lord saith, ‘that is easy for Me: and We wish to appoint him as a Sign unto men and a Mercy from Us’: It is a matter so decreed." 22 So she conceived him, and she retired with him to a remote place.

Surah 9:30-31 The Jews call ‘Uzair a son of Allah, and the Christians call Christ the son of Allah. That is a saying from their mouth; in this they but imitate what the unbelievers of old used to say. Allah’s curse be on them: how they are deluded away from the Truth!

31 They take their priests and their anchorites to be their lords in derogation of Allah, and they take as their Lord Christ the son of Mary; yet they were commanded to worship but One Allah: there is no god but He. Praise and glory to Him: Far is He from having the partners they associate with Him.

The virgin birth of Jesus:
Islam and Christianity agree that Jesus miraculously was born of a virgin.
(Koran 19:16-26; Isaiah 7:14)

What the Holy Bible teaches about 'how to get to heaven' is found here: http://www.freewebs.com/bibleteach/h...achristian.htm

A fantastic website about Islam: http://www.allahislam.com/

Bruce Klein, MA in Islamic Studies

Bible teacher, theologian, missionary, writer

My missionary web page:
www.freewebs.com/aim_oneness

www.freewebs.com/bibleteach

Bibleteach@hotmail.com
Old 05-18-2007, 01:46 AM
Registered Member

Brother Klein,
How difficult is it for the basic practicing Islamic to see the truth about who Jesus is? I know you have converted some.
Old 05-18-2007, 05:15 AM
Bruce Klein

Hello Sister Trouvere,

The typical Muslim knows there is something about Jesus that is drawing. They think He is just a great Prophet. When we tell them Jesus lives inside of us then show them miracles; they believe! Easy!

I was teaching about divine healing in our living room in China. After the teaching, I laid hands on a lady who had eye problems. She started to shake, Jesus is healing her. After she received her healing, she can see clearly. The Muslim in the meeting sees the power of Jesus! He is water baptized in the name of Jesus for the washing away of sin. We are in a hotel swimming pool. I am trying to get him to keep his voice down. He could careless about the danger. He is very excited about be water baptized, praise you Jesus! There after, we spend hours and hours together.

Urumqi is a city of 2 million people, half of them are Muslims. In the university where I was teaching, seventy percent of the students are Muslim. They had their own cafeterias. The school gave me books on the different countries to teach the countries history. In the book on the USA, it had the first chapter and the third about USA's religions which of course includes Christianity. Well all of the students learned about who Jesus is and how to get to heaven! Praise you Jesus! Sure I spent a few more class hours on Christianity than was expected, but I am the teacher. In China, the teacher is very highly respected!

You may wish to check out more of my words: http://www.believersbay.com/mag/2006...theMessage.htm

In Jesus,
Brother Bruce
Old 05-18-2007, 03:32 PM
Sister Phyllis

Wonderful Study

Bro bruce

This is a wonderful study and so much in it to help us understand better how to witness to a muslim. Being one of your Greek students I am leaning so much from you and I thank you for even leaning Greek I can see the value in taking the word of God and understanding the correct interpretation going back to the Greek manuscripts .

I know that if we can use love there are hungry Muslim out there who do want Jesus once they can see what Jesus can do in a life

Jesus bless you Dr Klein It is a priviledge to be one of your students and to know you a converted Jew to Jesus name Praise the Lord!!

God bless
sister phyllis
Old 05-21-2007, 06:37 AM
Bruce Klein

Thank you Sister Phyllis and Sister Trouvere for your kind and encouraging words.

In Jesus,
Brother Bruce
Old 04-17-2012, 10:04 PM
Banned

Re: Islam vs. Christianity Part 3

You are a scary individual, and cannot possibly have read the Qur'an.
Your thread title amply demonstrates this; the Qur'an would include
Christians and Jews in their belief system, and any "Moslem" who does
not, ie the ones you see on Fox News--as apparently you have no other source--
do not represent any of the Muslims I have ever met.
Old 04-17-2013, 06:35 AM
Apostolic Pentecostal

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbyrd009 View Post
You are a scary individual, and cannot possibly have read the Qur'an.
Your thread title amply demonstrates this; the Qur'an would include
Christians and Jews in their belief system, and any "Moslem" who does
not, ie the ones you see on Fox News--as apparently you have no other source--
do not represent any of the Muslims I have ever met.
Ah! The student would pretend to teach the teacher.

By your own admission, you have only "read' the koran once and are only 2/3 of the way through it.

Dr. Klien has a degree from an Islamic University and is a reputable and noted authority in this field, the founder and President of a Theological Seminary, missionary and a well respected man of God.

What are your credentials and qualifications?

Last edited by larrylyates; 04-17-2013 at 06:42 AM.
Old 04-17-2013, 08:30 AM
Registered Member

I urge you all to read the second chapter/book of Koran. I don't find it inspired in any way. it has the creation story, Moses, Abraham, Jesus, Adam, Jews, Christian, the mosque e.t.c wrapped up in one chapter. I'll continue reading through it..

http://www.clearquran.com/quran-chapter-002.html
Old 04-17-2013, 08:55 AM
Apostolic Pentecostal

Quote:
Originally Posted by imreedemed View Post
I urge you all to read the second chapter/book of Koran. I don't find it inspired in any way. it has the creation story, Moses, Abraham, Jesus, Adam, Jews, Christian, the mosque e.t.c wrapped up in one chapter. I'll continue reading through it..

http://www.clearquran.com/quran-chapter-002.html
I agree and while you are at it, the entire book. Focus especially on the following passages:

How to Treat Infidels According to the Kor’an

Surah 9:5 But when the forbidden months are past, then fight and slay the Pagans wherever ye find them, and seize them, beleaguer them, and lie in wait for them in every stratagem of war; but if they repent, and establish regular prayers and practise regular charity, then open the way for them: for Allah is Oft–forgiving, Most Merciful.

Surah 9:29 Fight those who believe not in Allah nor the Last Day, nor hold that forbidden which hath been forbidden by Allah and His Messenger, nor acknowledge the religion of Truth, even if they are of the People of the Book, until they pay the Jizya with willing submission, and feel themselves subdued.

Surah 9:123 O ye who believe! fight the unbelievers who gird you about, and let them find firmness in you: and know that Allah is with those who fear Him.

Surah 48:29 Muhammad is the messenger of Allah; and those who are with him are strong against Unbelievers, but compassionate amongst each other.

Surah 8:38-39 Say to the Unbelievers, if now they desist from Unbelief, their past would be forgiven them; but if they persist, the punishment of those before them is already a matter of warning for them.

39 And fight them on until there is no more tumult or oppression, and there prevail justice and faith in Allah altogether and everywhere; but if they cease, verily Allah doth see all that they do.

Surah 2:193 And fight them on until there is no more Tumult or oppression, and there prevail justice and faith in Allah; but if they cease, Let there be no hostility except to those who practise oppression.

Surah 25:52 Therefore listen not to the Unbelievers, but strive (Jihad) against them with the utmost strenuousness, with the Qur’an.

Surah 61:9-11 It is He Who has sent His Messenger with Guidance and the Religion of Truth, that he may proclaim it over all religion, even though the Pagans may detest it.

10 O ye who believe! Shall I lead you to a bargain that will save you from a grievous Penalty?–

11 That ye believe in Allah and His Messenger, and that ye strive your utmost in the Cause of Allah, with your property and your persons: That will be best for you, if ye but knew!

Surah 9:20 Those who believe, and suffer exile and strive with might and main, in Allah’s cause, with their goods and their persons, have the highest rank in the sight of Allah: they are the people who will achieve salvation.

Surah 2:191 And slay them wherever ye catch them, and turn them out from where they have Turned you out; for tumult and oppression are worse than slaughter; but fight them not at the Sacred Mosque, unless they first fight you there; but if they fight you, slay them. Such is the reward of those who suppress faith.

Surah 2:216 Fighting is prescribed for you, and ye dislike it. But it is possible that ye dislike a thing which is good for you, and that ye love a thing which is bad for you. But Allah knoweth, and ye know not.

Surah 4:74 Let those fight in the cause of Allah Who sell the life of this world for the hereafter. To him who fighteth in the cause of Allah,– whether he is slain or gets victory–Soon shall We give him a reward of great value.

Surah 47:4-6 Therefore, when ye meet the Unbelievers in fight, smite at their necks; At length, when ye have thoroughly subdued them, bind a bond firmly on them: thereafter is the time for either generosity or ransom: Until the war lays down its burdens. Thus are ye commanded: but if it had been Allah’s Will, He could certainly have exacted retribution from them Himself; but He lets you fight in order to test you, some with others. But those who are slain in the Way of Allah,– He will never let their deeds be lost.

There's lots more, but that's a good start. and as you read remember, islam is a "peaceful" religion.
Old 05-11-2013, 07:15 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by larrylyates View Post
Ah! The student would pretend to teach the teacher.

By your own admission, you have only "read' the koran once and are only 2/3 of the way through it.

Dr. Klien has a degree from an Islamic University and is a reputable and noted authority in this field, the founder and President of a Theological Seminary, missionary and a well respected man of God.

What are your credentials and qualifications?
I'm your huckleberry.

See comments on your other (clever but alas deceitful) thread