Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Sanctuary > Deep Waters
Facebook

Notices

Deep Waters 'Deep Calleth Unto Deep ' -The place to go for Ministry discussions. Please keep it civil. Remember to discuss the issues, not each other.

Old 11-05-2016, 01:35 AM
Banned

Re: From Rod to Ark

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeptByTheWord View Post
Shaz, as I said above, the cross is offensive. And I think that is why you are avoiding accepting that, because then it would force you to reconsider your position.

Mostly, believers want the risen Christ, without the cross and the suffering. You can't have one, without the other.
well, i might have implied that i find the Cross offensive, when i merely find It misrepresented, just as Word is misrepresented as Book, and both of these false conflations are revealed in the Book. And the Word.
Old 11-05-2016, 08:29 AM
Banned

From the Word.
Old 11-05-2016, 10:28 AM
Registered Member

To say we die with Christ on His cross and unite with Him to be buried and risen with Him and even seated with him is a misrepresentation, is blindness.

"Many Christians do not try to understand what was written in a verse in the Bible. Instead they approach the passage to prove what they already believe."
Old 11-05-2016, 11:56 AM
Banned

are you listening to yourself now. So baptism is not a ritual recognition of death to self, to rise in Christ? Pick up your cross and follow Me means...what, exactly, then?
Old 11-05-2016, 12:13 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shazeep View Post
are you listening to yourself now. So baptism is not a ritual recognition of death to self, to rise in Christ? Pick up your cross and follow Me means...what, exactly, then?
Why do you bother to talk? You have your mind made up to reject anyone else's beliefs of the cross that conflict with yours, and can't consider the bible might be misunderstood by yourself.

"Many Christians do not try to understand what was written in a verse in the Bible. Instead they approach the passage to prove what they already believe."
Old 11-05-2016, 12:26 PM
Banned

Why do you make yourself a liar,
in not bringing me the Witness from the Book,
which is all i am asking?
http://www.apostolicfriendsforum.com...t=50258&page=4
Old 11-06-2016, 10:41 PM
On the road less traveled

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfblume View Post
Why do you bother to talk? You have your mind made up to reject anyone else's beliefs of the cross that conflict with yours, and can't consider the bible might be misunderstood by yourself.
Lately it has been a stream of consciousness with him that makes understanding anything he says very difficult.
Old 11-06-2016, 10:42 PM
On the road less traveled

Quote:
Originally Posted by shazeep View Post
Why do you make yourself a liar,
in not bringing me the Witness from the Book,
which is all i am asking?
http://www.apostolicfriendsforum.com...t=50258&page=4
He did. But you won't accept it. That's all.
Old 11-07-2016, 04:22 AM
Banned

Quote:
Lately it has been a stream of consciousness with him that makes understanding anything he says very difficult.
Then please just be patient, you have copy/paste, and just copy/paste the mess and ask me to rephrase it, and i will also do my best to type rather than talk ok. Sorry.
Old 11-07-2016, 05:02 AM
Banned

Quote:
He did. But you won't accept it. That's all.
He proved words, but he did not Witness Word, K. Word requires Pneuma, you have to have wind, air, breath, to have Word, and the examples abound here, simply so that you may understand. The game where you sit in a line and pass the same simple phrase through x number of people is one. The reality of you telling someone something, and them telling it--the way they heard it, of course--to someone else, is another. Look, i don't even have to complete those stories! You already know what happens.

Logos is not Book ok. God cannot break this rule that you imagine He can break, so that Book becomes Logos, and stays that way, forever, in our domain. We have Free Will, to change nest--nest; something about a nest on some guy's head? dunno--into Mansion. Change fear of God into fear of hell. Change...whatever you like, into whatever you like, ok. It is you who will live the consequences. That is the only unbreakable rule.

And look! I found nest again; it didn't disappear, it is right there, on the page, when i do not accept what my eyes are seeing, and i do one more click to get Lex, and he tells me that Mansion is really Nest. Only people in fear of hell need a better payoff to control them than a nest, ok, they need a Mansion. But birds, who fly, don't need Mansions, do they.

You are afraid, K. You are afraid you are going to lose your god, which is your Bible, and there is no shame in admitting this to yourself. You rely on the Bible, when Father wants you to understand how to rely on Him, so that you may become a god ok. If you love something, let It go. It will come back to you, i can make that promise pretty safely here, i think. If It doesn't, well then you know right where It is, huh? Bibles are not going to disappear as you are exploring for Word, right in the Bible.

I don't trust any new info that is not verifiable in the Bible, right now. I haven't set the Bible down, K, i have finally picked It up! Go and look at all those long posts that i don't understand either. What are they talking about? Bible. What are all of those weird passages in the Bible, that you love so much, but cannot figure out? Don't you think, that if you knew the Bible well enough, that all of those passages should resolve?

So i will tell you, that those are keys ok, to help unlock your understanding, and when you read an explanation of them that does not quicken you, keep searching. Because if the Bible is Supreme for you, if It is your Supreme Being, then you are going to be tested on that basis ok. But when you offer God "Well, God, i was afraid of hell, and these guys said that they could fix that, because they were not afraid of hell anymore--they said--and they said that the Kingdom was there, right over there, they pointed It out to me...

What do you think will happen then, K? When that knowledge of yours gets put through the Fire? Forget about hell, ok, hell is not where the Fire is, K. Father is the All Consuming Fire, and you have just gotten comfortable with the lie, that satan has fire, some fire that you need to fear, in some hell that you cannot find in the Bible, even--well, you can find it, when you read it real quick, but it disappears when you go ask Lex, huh.

Alla sudden it changes, doesn't it. And we have developed perfectly rational explanations for this, and we separate ourselves into groups that believe what we believe, so that we do not have to hear any other opinions on the matter--like just even hearing something different is going to somehow hurt us, or something. Like that hippie wanted to hurt you, right K? Was he all pushy and violent and demanding and pushing fear at you, when you rejected his message? No, he was not, she was not, was she?

She was just offensive...do you even remember? She was just offensive to you, on another level, K. She was not adulting like the concept you had been provided with told you that she should be. So then you prolly tried to help her, huh. Just like we help little children to adult, don't we, K. GOD is the fire~breathing dragon, K, you better let God blow some Breath on you. Stop fearing hell, and see that you are loved, and hedged, and that Father is not going to let you be led too far off the path, if you are searching for God. Even the "bad" things will work for the good ok.