Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 03-15-2017, 09:13 PM
Stranger in a Strange Land

Re: Is It Possible? Is It Probable?

Roman Catholic Church? Where are you going with that statement? By purists I am referring to those UPCI that consider their three-step position on oneness apostolic doctrine as the holy grail for salvation.

Last edited by Sabby; 03-15-2017 at 09:16 PM. Reason: More information
Old 03-15-2017, 10:09 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabby View Post
Roman Catholic Church? Where are you going with that statement? By purists I am referring to those UPCI that consider their three-step position on oneness apostolic doctrine as the holy grail for salvation.
I am going where you were leading. You object to people being purists in regard to doctrine, especially as concerns salvation. Your objection seems to be that many in the UPC are in error and out of the will of God for not accepting others, who hold to a different doctrine of regeneration and justification and salvation. Thus, your objection seems to be predicated on the premise that 'differences of belief as regards how to become a Christian or how to be born again or how to get saved should not divide professing Christians'. You indicate you believe they should be in sweet fellowship and unity despite the different doctrines they hold.

So, naturally, I wondered if you extended that attitude towards Roman Catholics, or if you yourself held to a purist view of soteriology and doctrine.

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 03-15-2017, 10:11 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanah View Post
when I was an independent ultracon mega-stepper we weren't allowed to fellowship with UPC because they were to liberal, so don't feel bad
It's not right. It's not biblical.
Old 03-15-2017, 10:14 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esaias View Post
I am going where you were leading. You object to people being purists in regard to doctrine, especially as concerns salvation. Your objection seems to be that many in the UPC are in error and out of the will of God for not accepting others, who hold to a different doctrine of regeneration and justification and salvation. Thus, your objection seems to be predicated on the premise that 'differences of belief as regards how to become a Christian or how to be born again or how to get saved should not divide professing Christians'. You indicate you believe they should be in sweet fellowship and unity despite the different doctrines they hold.
But the unity we're talking about was God's Will at the formation of the UPCI and for many decades after the forming of the UPCI and then a few men decided it wasn't the will of God to be united.

How does that work?
Old 03-15-2017, 10:18 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabby View Post
Jermyn,
I returned from a short-term missions trip 4 years ago with Logos Communications, international and stayed at their conference center in Chiang Mai. LCI was chaired by Wayne Nigh, an ex-pat UPCI one-stepper.
My Thai translators told me that David Bernard has personally told their churches in Thailand to NOT have fellowship with LCI.
It isn't over sin or moral issues but over control and deep-seated belief that one-step isn't "enough". I wrote DKB when I returned home and queried him about it. I'm still waiting for a reply.
Of course it should have been done a long time ago. In my mind the purists have deconstructed the power of unity of the Oneness movement with their obstinate superior attitudes (eg: Why haven't they joined the AWCF?). The hate I experienced while a member of the Oregon District (and one with a history with Nigh and Cobb) has not changed. Present-day Pentecostals have NO idea that there was a fault line between the two groups. You can't find this information in their bible colleges; in fact they have redacted/whitewashed references to Conqueror's Bible College in Portland, a school with a suspected 1 step emphasis. It was re-named Cascade Bible College and moved from its long-time home in Portland due to purist opposition.
The purists' idea of "holding forth the word of truth" doesn't consider their position to be in violation of Jesus' prayer for unity in John 17.
If this is true, then this is so dirty and seems under-handed.
Old 03-15-2017, 10:38 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jermyn Davidson View Post
But the unity we're talking about was God's Will at the formation of the UPCI and for many decades after the forming of the UPCI and then a few men decided it wasn't the will of God to be united.

How does that work?
Maybe more than a few men decided that being united with others who hold to a different doctrine of regeneration wasn't the Will of God in the first place?

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 03-15-2017, 10:55 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Maybe more than a few men decided that being united with others who hold to a different doctrine of regeneration wasn't the Will of God in the first place?
I must accept the fact that going forward for me spiritually will not include the UPCI.

When I left ....., it must have really been for the best.

I have got to accept this.

I have to move on.
Old 03-15-2017, 11:17 PM
Isaiah 56:4-5

Please...
Old 03-15-2017, 11:26 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jermyn Davidson View Post
I must accept the fact that going forward for me spiritually will not include the UPCI.

When I left ....., it must have really been for the best.

I have got to accept this.

I have to move on.
Do you believe that one's beliefs about "how to be born again" are a "non essential" that should not divide people?

Actually, you don't, because you refuse to join with those who hold a different view of salvation than you do - the UPC.

Old 03-16-2017, 02:34 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Do you believe that one's beliefs about "how to be born again" are a "non essential" that should not divide people?

Actually, you don't, because you refuse to join with those who hold a different view of salvation than you do - the UPC.
You're right but it isn't because I didn't try.