Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 03-25-2017, 08:57 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Re: Where do you worship?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
Yes they teach tithing of filthy lucre. I'm sure they have an opinion on the coming tribulation also. I just ignore it.
Is teaching tithing sinful?
Old 03-25-2017, 10:38 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evang.Benincasa View Post
Is teaching tithing sinful?
Only when you know better but continue to deceive the people. Like willfully taking scripture out of context.

http://www.paganchristianity.org

Go here on tithing----->

http://www.tithing-russkelly.com/

If it is God's will for your illness then why are you seeking medical attention to get rid of it?

Last edited by Rudy; 03-25-2017 at 10:41 AM.
Old 03-25-2017, 11:38 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
Only when you know better but continue to deceive the people. Like willfully taking scripture out of context.
Knowing better would need to come in the form of instruction.

OK, like an older brother, sister, father, mother, journeymen, mentor, who teaches, warns, and instructs those who don't know. Have you taken your ALJC preacher to his office, home or to lunch where you were able to instruct him on his negligence? You did say you ignore his sinful practice? So therefore if we attend a church and we know what they are teaching the rest of the people is sinful? Should we just ignore it, like you do?
Old 03-25-2017, 09:31 PM
Registered Member

I moved from a medium sized WPF church to a small UPC home mission work. I'm very happy helping build a new work. Most attending were raised Catholic (as was I). We've been teaching lessons on the Godhead.
1 Timothy 6:10 - For the love of money is the root of all evil....

I want to be more like Jesus - the Jesus that drove the moneychangers out of the Temple....
Old 03-25-2017, 10:02 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllScripture View Post
I moved from a medium sized WPF church to a small UPC home mission work. I'm very happy helping build a new work. Most attending were raised Catholic (as was I). We've been teaching lessons on the Godhead.
Awesome! Teach, preach and baptize.
Old 03-28-2017, 04:32 AM
Registered Member

I pastor a wonderful Apostolic church. Don't belong to any organization. I was a member of the AMF for 25 years.
Old 03-28-2017, 04:39 AM
Covenant Apostolic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Epley View Post
I pastor a wonderful Apostolic church. Don't belong to any organization. I was a member of the AMF for 25 years.
Old 03-28-2017, 07:51 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfblume View Post
I worship in Spirit and in truth!
Awesome answer! lol
Old 03-28-2017, 08:04 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfblume View Post
Putting a focus on the building, be it a church structure or a house, is equally wrong on both counts. It is in the spirit, and in truth, or reality, is what place God wants us to worship. PEOPLE are the church, anyway.
It's not the building or structure the church gathers in. To house church Christian it is a matter of how the body functions. We take I Corinthians 14:26-37 rather seriously. The passage describes a participative meeting. Large meetings do happen. However, we believe that by design the church should have regular participative meetings with only an occasional large meeting. This allows for more body ministry. Traditional church is more spectator based. It has regular large meetings with occasional smaller meetings. Here's the passage:
I Corinthians 14:26-37 (ESV)
26 What then, brothers? When you come together, each one has a hymn, a lesson, a revelation, a tongue, or an interpretation. Let all things be done for building up. 27 If any speak in a tongue, let there be only two or at most three, and each in turn, and let someone interpret. 28 But if there is no one to interpret, let each of them keep silent in church and speak to himself and to God. 29 Let two or three prophets speak, and let the others weigh what is said. 30 If a revelation is made to another sitting there, let the first be silent. 31 For you can all prophesy one by one, so that all may learn and all be encouraged, 32 and the spirits of prophets are subject to prophets. 33 For God is not a God of confusion but of peace.
As in all the churches of the saints, 34 the women should keep silent in the churches. For they are not permitted to speak, but should be in submission, as the Law also says. 35 If there is anything they desire to learn, let them ask their husbands at home. For it is shameful for a woman to speak in church.
36 Or was it from you that the word of God came? Or are you the only ones it has reached? 37 If anyone thinks that he is a prophet, or spiritual, he should acknowledge that the things I am writing to you are a command of the Lord.
When writing to the Corinthian Christians Paul illustrated that their gatherings should have the following elements and guiding principles (I Corinthians 14:26-37):
- Everyone is able to bring a hymn, a lesson, a revelation, a tongue, or an interpretation to share at the gathering. However, there must be order.
- Gift of tongues coupled with interpretation, is to be presented by two or at most three individuals. If there is no interpreter, the one feeling the tongues should remain silent and not address the group.
- Two or three anointed teachers (prophets) are to speak and guide the meeting.
- If a saint attending has a revelation or something to share, whoever is speaking must stop and give them the floor so that all might be able to prophesy, learn, and be encouraged. Meetings are to be discussion based.
- Those who address the group must realize that their spirits are subject to the anointed teachers (prophets) guiding the group.
- Women (or anyone for that matter) are not to use the time for socializing or excessive talking .
- Those who think they are spiritual Christians should acknowledge that this order of gathering is a command from the Lord.
This Apostolic manner of gathering becomes more difficult as the gathering becomes larger. Therefore, we typically gather in smaller groups more often than larger groups. In our fellowship when we exceed 12 heads of households we consider multiplying to form a new house church.

Last edited by Aquila; 03-28-2017 at 08:09 AM.
Old 03-28-2017, 08:21 AM
Banned

So, when it comes to house churches, it isn't the building. We can gather in a home, a restaurant, a tavern, a park, a town square, on a river side, a yard, or virtually anywhere. What sets house church Christianity apart is our participating meetings which are based on how Paul admonished the Corinthians to hold their meetings in I Corinthians 14:26-37.