Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall > The Tab
Facebook

Notices

The Tab Cutting edge news of what is happening in Apostolic Oneness Pentecost today!

Old 11-24-2007, 04:25 PM
www.capitalcommunity.ca

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steadfast View Post
I thought it was a very classy letter composed by a very sincere man. The 'P.S.' was, in my opinion, meant to put a '.' (period) on the rumors that would be associated with a man with that kind of longevity in the organization backing away from it. That would be why he listed his various involvements with the UPC... to let them know that this was not a 'fly by night' decision but a hard one that would affect his world as he knew it.

It's been my observation that letters of this sort are not meant to be an 'in your face' attempt but a 'let there be no confusion about why' type of correspondence.

Good letter. Good man. Unfortunate conclusion to a life well invested in the UPC.
Mmmm, he still wanted to make a wave if he sent this to all preachers. If that is the case, he is trying to get followers. If he DIDN'T send it to other preachers, and he ONLY sent it to the district then I recant my statement.

Also, while we can agree he is a good man, there were some unfortunate things stated at his PSR conferences back in the day....and NO, I won't go down that road.
Old 11-24-2007, 04:28 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad View Post
*** ATTENTION ILUVFPC***

Awaiting your reply thanks!
I wasn't referring to anyone in particular... Just those who take every opportunity available to bash an "UC" preacher... Yet there was no opportunity here b/c VM said nothing inappropriate or anything "out of the way" in his letter...
Old 11-24-2007, 05:05 PM

Is anyone surprised?

I am curious, he has fellowshipped outside the UPC for years and years, it doesn't really matter that he says the UPC is the only organization he has been with...does that fact matter at all for any minister?

I just wonder if there will be any ripple effect??
Old 11-24-2007, 06:11 PM
Registered Member

Leaving the UPC by having your dues drop is the easy way out. That way, the only thing on record for the minister leaving is that his dues were unpaid, so the UPC dropped him.

It's all about appearance with these folks. They list their pedigree and time spent in various local, district and headquarters offices as a way of reminding everyone how big they are or once were.

What I don't understand, for these men of such alleged conviction and integrity . . . why not go on record with the organization and resign, instead of making the record appear as though the UPC dropped them?

Not calling them cowards, I'm just saying they are very calculated in maintaining their image and they don't want their image to show they left the UPC . . . they want the record to show the UPC left them.

"The church that tells it like it is . . . Because we care." LoL I like it.
Old 11-24-2007, 08:03 PM
Administrator

I thought the letter was fine. I am pleased to see him state that his intentions are not to tear down the UPC or talk ill of it.
Old 11-24-2007, 08:19 PM
God's Son

I would question why a letter like this was sent to every minister. A letter to the distrcit is understandable. I didn't see anything controversial. I still don't understand why he is exiting stage left. Unlike the 92 AS, no one is forced to agree or participate in the resoulution to keep thier credentials.

Legalism has no pity on people. Legalism makes my opinion your burden, makes opinion your boundary, makes my opinion your obligation-Lucado

Some get spiritual because they see the light. Others because they feel the heat.Ray Wylie Hubbard

Definition of legalism- Damned if you do. Damned if you don't. TV
Old 11-24-2007, 08:22 PM
God's Son

At least he put it in writing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC1 View Post
I thought the letter was fine. I am pleased to see him state that his intentions are not to tear down the UPC or talk ill of it.

Legalism has no pity on people. Legalism makes my opinion your burden, makes opinion your boundary, makes my opinion your obligation-Lucado

Some get spiritual because they see the light. Others because they feel the heat.Ray Wylie Hubbard

Definition of legalism- Damned if you do. Damned if you don't. TV
Old 11-24-2007, 08:33 PM
Psalm 121

Quote:
Originally Posted by tv1a View Post
I would question why a letter like this was sent to every minister. A letter to the distrcit is understandable. I didn't see anything controversial. I still don't understand why he is exiting stage left. Unlike the 92 AS, no one is forced to agree or participate in the resoulution to keep thier credentials.
Excellent point. Great men were FORCED out for not agreeing to PREACH & TEACH specific things. (i.e. Against organized sports,tv, etc.)
Old 11-24-2007, 08:36 PM
Registered Member

Very Classy heartfelt letter from a classy Pastor.
Old 11-24-2007, 09:01 PM
"It's Never Too Late"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad View Post
2nd page of the letter

Out of conern for Children and Grand Children?