Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 05-15-2012, 11:00 PM
Registered Member

Re: Pastor openly rebukes Evangelist from the pulp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam View Post
So she was conducting a tent meeting, he came and was prayed/prophesied over, and then he rebuked her? So who was out of order here--the one in charge of the meeting or the one attending the meeting?
the man was, the one attended along with the camera operator.
Old 05-15-2012, 11:08 PM
Registered Member

If I were in a meeting like that and my pastor heard that I was there, I hope he would come and try to rescue me like this pastor did for his congregation.
Old 05-16-2012, 04:41 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamDat View Post
If I were in a meeting like that and my pastor heard that I was there, I hope he would come and try to rescue me like this pastor did for his congregation.
the thing is you wasnt their to know what is or was being preached. preaching on miracles isnt nothing new. it is biblical. though i dont know alot about the woman i cant make any comment on what she does teach and preach.

but if i was to go by the standards of these forums 2/3rds of the people here would say i need rescueing. so i guess it depends on your personal theological back ground and view. maybe if i do more study on what the pastor believes and what the woman belives we could get a better picture.
Old 05-16-2012, 05:53 AM
Registered Member

after doing a little study, i didnt find alot on Pastor dayna muldoon. the majority of the issue people have as it seems is with a woman preaching or calling herself a pastor. She is a co founding pastor of a church in NY. I do not have a personal issue with women preaching.

however the calvery chapel, i found alot of issues with. It seems like the preachers there will just openly rebuke people and businesses.People in their own church as well. I have seen alot of complaints on this church because of their approach. some call it abuse,

there is a website dedicated to calvery chapel abuse.

visitor comments not to pleasent about what they call Moses authoritarian leadership.

since i can find alot of complaints on the church dealing with over abuse of power, and there pride to just rebuke people openly instead of admonishing them in secrete leads me to even further support the woman in this case.
Old 05-16-2012, 06:18 AM
Registered Member

...which takes me back to this question: should church services, especially those of Spirit-filled and/or prophetic nature, be filmed or recorded, professionally or amaturely?

I believe I've seen a thread on here asking a similar question. When situations like this come up, I would have to say "no." Why? Society--be it the church (yes, even the church), world, or media--is constantly looking for controversy. And this would feed into their hunger for such, especially when posted on YouTube...
Old 05-16-2012, 08:10 AM
Registered Member

If she was a prophetess why could she not know that he was there to cause issues?
Psa 119:165 (KJV) 165 Great peace have they which love thy law: and nothing shall offend them.

"Do not believe everthing you read on the internet" - Abe Lincoln
Old 05-16-2012, 08:33 AM
Don't ask.

Hebrews 13:23 Know ye that our brother Timothy is set at liberty

More New Stuff in Timmy Talk!
My Countdown Counting down to: Rapture. Again.
Why am I not surprised?
Old 05-16-2012, 08:37 AM
Pride of the Neighborhood

These sign seekers wear me out. I'm glad the pastor spoke the truth. The reaction from the audience (notice it was full of women) was an indicator to me what spirit they were of. I've seen more damage from these self appointed modern day prophets that it makes me ill to hear them speak or see them on tv. It's spiritualism that disguises itself as an angel of light. But God doesnt get the glory.

‎When a newspaper posed the question, "What's Wrong with the World?" G. K. Chesterton reputedly wrote a brief letter in response: "Dear Sirs: I am. Sincerely Yours, G. K. Chesterton." That is the attitude of someone who has grasped the message of Jesus.
Old 05-16-2012, 08:38 AM
Pride of the Neighborhood

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevDWW View Post
If she was a prophetess why could she not know that he was there to cause issues?

‎When a newspaper posed the question, "What's Wrong with the World?" G. K. Chesterton reputedly wrote a brief letter in response: "Dear Sirs: I am. Sincerely Yours, G. K. Chesterton." That is the attitude of someone who has grasped the message of Jesus.
Old 05-16-2012, 08:50 AM
crakjak

Nonsense, pure and simple, human stupidity.
For it is written, "As I live, says the Lord every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall give praise to God. (Romans 14:11- NASB)

www.tentmaker.org
www.coventryreserve.org