Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > The Newsroom > Political Talk
Facebook

Notices

Political Talk Political News

Old 02-09-2008, 10:22 PM
Registered Member

Why shouldn't I vote for Obama??

Before you all "jump" me, hear me out.
I know that as Christians, we all usually vote Republican because of our values. We HAVE a Republican in office and homosexual marriage/rights is moving right along...abortions haven't stopped. So obviously putting a Republican in the office doesn't change those issues.

Why shouldn't I vote for Barak? He's a fresh voice, people are comparing him to JFK...I realisticly do not believe Huck's going to do anything...I don't know if I want McCain as President, nor do I think he'll win....

So we have two choices Hillary or Barak.........why shouldn't I vote for Barak????
Old 02-09-2008, 10:36 PM
Sister Alvear

Re: Why shouldn't I vote for Obama??

My opinion is it is best not to vote...but of course few think like I do...fewer yet have lived in countries such as I have lived in...I saw enough Muslims in the Philippines and there are lots of them in Brazil. Why would you vote as a christian for a man that does not believe the Bible to be God´s word?

If it is for one of our direct needs please mark it on the check.
Facebook Janice LaVaun Taylor Alvear
Old 02-09-2008, 10:36 PM
BANNED MYSELF

Someone sent me this:

http://www2.beaufortgazette.com/blogs/post/17216
Old 02-09-2008, 10:37 PM
Sister Alvear

and I have nothing against Muslims...I would go anyday to be a missionary among them if God called but their values are very different than ours.

Old 02-09-2008, 10:38 PM
Go Dodgers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoPastor View Post
Before you all "jump" me, hear me out.
I know that as Christians, we all usually vote Republican because of our values. We HAVE a Republican in office and homosexual marriage/rights is moving right along...abortions haven't stopped. So obviously putting a Republican in the office doesn't change those issues.

Why shouldn't I vote for Barak? He's a fresh voice, people are comparing him to JFK...I realisticly do not believe Huck's going to do anything...I don't know if I want McCain as President, nor do I think he'll win....

So we have two choices Hillary or Barak.........why shouldn't I vote for Barak????
How does having a fresh voice make him a good choice? How does comparing him to JFK make him a good candidate? And as for McCain not winning....are you suggesting not voting for him simply because you don't think he can win?

On the abortion/homosexual issue...I think a lot don't vote for Democrats because they are pro abortion etc...simply because to vote for them is passive approval of such things. I don't think anyone really believes voting Republican is going to mean a reversal of Roe vs Wade automatically....the president can't do anything about that. The best they can try to do is get in a conservative judge in the supreme court....the problem there is we got too many democrats in congress and the senate that fight every judicial nomination including choices for attorney general.

It seems now that many republicans are pro abortion the issue is about the war, military and fiscal conservativism....that last one seems to be a moot issue with the current President

1. There is One God. This one God reveals Himself distinctly as Father, Son and Holy Ghost.
  2. The Son is God himself in a human form or "God manifested in the flesh" (1Tim 3:16)
  3. Every sinner must repent of their sins.
  4. That Jesus name baptism is the only biblical mode of water baptism.
  5. That the Holy Ghost is for today and is received by faith with the initial evidence of speaking in tongues.
  6. The saint will go on to strive to live a holy life, pleasing to God.
Old 02-09-2008, 10:41 PM
Sister Alvear

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRINGE_NUTTER View Post
That is downright scary if it is true...May God help us.

Old 02-09-2008, 10:42 PM
Go Dodgers!

I don't believe Obama is a Muslim....What difference would it make since there's already been a Senator elected that is Muslim...why would he need to hide it? And why would he be hiding it since all these years before he even decided to go into politics.

On the other hand I don't doubt there might be some racism there given the church he goes to

1. There is One God. This one God reveals Himself distinctly as Father, Son and Holy Ghost.
  2. The Son is God himself in a human form or "God manifested in the flesh" (1Tim 3:16)
  3. Every sinner must repent of their sins.
  4. That Jesus name baptism is the only biblical mode of water baptism.
  5. That the Holy Ghost is for today and is received by faith with the initial evidence of speaking in tongues.
  6. The saint will go on to strive to live a holy life, pleasing to God.
Old 02-09-2008, 10:45 PM
BANNED MYSELF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sister Alvear View Post
That is downright scary if it is true...May God help us.
I think some of the links from that page have been removed. I don't doubt that the man would be more sympathetic to Islamic people than Hillary or McCain. I am not happy with voting with any of the three. When Huckabee is eliminated, there is not much of a choice. If I vote I will vote for McCain very unwillingly.
Old 02-09-2008, 10:45 PM
Pot Stirrer

CP,

his church in Chicago pledges allegience to Africa.

this same church performs same sex cermemonies for gays.

trinity united church of christ - check out the beliefs of this denominations and tell me they are christian

his mother,in a radio interview slipped and told that Obama was baptized(or whatever their initiation is) as a muslim when he was a child. he went to catholic school for one year and uses that as a cover.
Old 02-09-2008, 10:46 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sister Alvear View Post
My opinion is it is best not to vote...but of course few think like I do...fewer yet have lived in countries such as I have lived in...I saw enough Muslims in the Philippines and there are lots of them in Brazil. Why would you vote as a christian for a man that does not believe the Bible to be God´s word?
Sis, he's not muslim!!!! This is a false rumor that has been spread about him.