Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 12-13-2008, 03:43 PM
DOING THE FIRST WORKS

Re: How Many Are Excited About the Rapture?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronharvey View Post
That is most likely the reason Jesus said "Occupy till I come."

Occupy is a military word, it doesn't mean to stand around, it means to conquer, abide and watch.
Amen, brother.

That's the way I see it too.

There have been many embarassed purveyors of false escatology who also set dates. Miller who said in 1844 that the rapture would catch him and his followers away on a certain date. It didn't happen so wth a little embarrassment which was easily explained, he moved it up to the following year. Much more embarrassed, he moved the date up a few months in the same year. Hahaha. How much embarrassment can one false preacher stand anyway?

I remember well the six day war in 1966 when everything was on "go" for the rapture when the Jews took the old city of Jerusalem. Youth camps were being preached all over the USA. Kids and parents along with preachers were in panic mode. Psychological break downs were happening and some had to be attended to by physicians. How well I remember sitting in V.A. Guidroz's home who was the Tex. D.S. as he told me that they had to call for the parents to come to pick up some of the panicked kids.

Remember 88 reasons. Another joke that so many deceived about the certain points of prophecy were willing to believe. No problem though, the writer of 88 reasons simply wrote another book, 89 Reasons The Rapture In '89. I don't know if he wrote the 90 Reasons book or not. Anyway, by that time he was soundly discredited.
Old 12-13-2008, 03:53 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jermyn Davidson View Post
I believe in the catching away of the saints. I want to be ready for it. I want it to happen soon, but not today.

Maybe I'm being selfish, or worse.

But I sure would like the opportunity to be a faithful husband and loving father.

I'd like to be a Chaplain for the military one day.

There are other things I simply want to do right, consistently, knowing the thrill of victory, as a Christian man, in this life, before Christ returns for us.

I hesitated in posting this because I think that maybe I should not think this way.
But these are my thoughts.

I love His appearing, love it every time He appears in my life. I do want to go back with Him when He comes, and that will only happen by His Grace and Mercy because I know I am poor and needy.
I did too back when I was single. I wanted to get married first, then I wanted to be a father. Now I want to see our daughter born and be "daddy" to daddies littel girl. I'll probably want to see our son, and daddies little girl get married too. LOL

I think its natural of folks who have the joy of the Lord, and a positive outlook on life to want to participate in the things God may have for us.

I will admit that over the last few years I have become increasingly concerned about the future of this country and this world for my kids.

I think it will reach a point where real christians are so out of place in this world that we want the return and rapture far more than to stay and reach those type of goals. But I know many people who have and do feel the way you described.
Old 12-13-2008, 04:07 PM
"It's Never Too Late"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revelationist View Post
Heb 13:5
5 Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee.
KJV

The scripture is clear that He would never leave us... we are forever with Him now if we live for Him.
It is one thing to be in Christ and he in us.

It is another to be in the transfigured state of full redemption.

Which we will not know until we taste death and are then called away to meet him in the clouds or glory or one of the ones that remains still when the catching away happens.

At the state of full redemption we will know Christ....

That will be a great day...

The service that will never end....

I say we have church great music and the best preaching with Christ himself revealing more of who he is to us....
Old 12-13-2008, 04:08 PM
DOING THE FIRST WORKS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revelationist View Post
Hmm... so, is that all the Rapture is about? That happens evertime someone get's the Holy Ghost doesn't it... they are caught up to forever be with the Lord, right?
Why would you deliberately misquote me by posting only a part of what I said? Here is what I said:

Quote:
In a sense yes. He was (raptured) caught up in his spirit.

Now, that puts an end to your objection to the rapture doctrine, from your own scriptures.

So, let's expand it to not only a rapture in the spiritual sense that one Apostle had, but expand the idea that all of the living and the dead will experience IN THE NATURAL.

See I Thes 4:14-17.
Let's keep things honest.

I'm looking for the Lord's return...

"Unto THEM that look for Him shall he APPEAR, the SECOND time..." He already appeared the first time and gave us the gospel. He is going to appear the second time.
Old 12-13-2008, 04:10 PM
DOING THE FIRST WORKS

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTown View Post
I'm more on the lines with Revelationist, in that it's already taken place.....
It might be better to be more on the lines of what Jesus and the Apostles said. Just a recommendation...
Old 12-13-2008, 04:36 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by meBNme View Post
I did too back when I was single. I wanted to get married first, then I wanted to be a father. Now I want to see our daughter born and be "daddy" to daddies littel girl. I'll probably want to see our son, and daddies little girl get married too. LOL

I think its natural of folks who have the joy of the Lord, and a positive outlook on life to want to participate in the things God may have for us.

I will admit that over the last few years I have become increasingly concerned about the future of this country and this world for my kids.

I think it will reach a point where real christians are so out of place in this world that we want the return and rapture far more than to stay and reach those type of goals. But I know many people who have and do feel the way you described.

Thanks alot.

I appreciate your response.
Old 12-13-2008, 07:02 PM
Jerry Moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neck View Post
It is one thing to be in Christ and he in us.

It is another to be in the transfigured state of full redemption.

Which we will not know until we taste death and are then called away to meet him in the clouds or glory or one of the ones that remains still when the catching away happens.

At the state of full redemption we will know Christ....

That will be a great day...

The service that will never end....

I say we have church great music and the best preaching with Christ himself revealing more of who he is to us....
I know one thing, in order to come again, he has to leave and he isn't ever leaving...

The heresy hunters are still with us. Only now, instead of stakes, they use their books and radio programs to destroy those they consider heretics.... I'm concerned that heresy hunting may be turning into leukemia because some cultwatchers seem more intent on destroying parts of the body than healing the body....

Come see us on YouTube http://www.youtube.com/user/Revelationist1948
http://www.sermon.net/sermons-Biblic...rch-14145.html
Old 12-13-2008, 07:05 PM
Jerry Moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apprehended View Post
It might be better to be more on the lines of what Jesus and the Apostles said. Just a recommendation...
Matt 26:64-66

64 Jesus saith unto him, Thou hast said: nevertheless I say unto you, Hereafter shall ye see the Son of man sitting on the right hand of power, and coming in the clouds of heaven.

65 Then the high priest rent his clothes, saying, He hath spoken blasphemy; what further need have we of witnesses? behold, now ye have heard his blasphemy.

KJV

Let's get in line with Jesus then... he told the high priest that he would see him coming i nthe clouds and sitting on the right hand of power. Did the high priest see Jesus come again?

The heresy hunters are still with us. Only now, instead of stakes, they use their books and radio programs to destroy those they consider heretics.... I'm concerned that heresy hunting may be turning into leukemia because some cultwatchers seem more intent on destroying parts of the body than healing the body....

Come see us on YouTube http://www.youtube.com/user/Revelationist1948
http://www.sermon.net/sermons-Biblic...rch-14145.html
Old 12-13-2008, 07:18 PM
Live like it.

I really do long for Him to come back. Each time I read the news or look at my small children I pray sincerely "come quickly" At the same token I've still got some loved ones and neighbours who are likely not ready to meet Him and that gives me a mixed feeling.

But I am SO ready for Jesus to take His church home!!!!!! If I could push a "rapture" button I would!

Quote:
Originally Posted by deacon blues View Post
You know, its getting closer every day! Are you excited? Got your bags packed? Got your house in order? What a day that will be!!!!

1Th 4:14-17

For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him.

For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive [and] remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.

For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:

Then we which are alive [and] remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

Psalm 19:14
Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.
My Countdown Counting down to: Spring...
April Showers Bring May Flowers!
Old 12-13-2008, 07:21 PM
Live like it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by meBNme View Post

I completely understand this. Now that I have my two small boys, I just want to go home before they face this old world.
If having children has done anything for me (and it has done much!) it has given me an even deeper desire for the Lord to take His church.

Psalm 19:14
Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.
My Countdown Counting down to: Spring...
April Showers Bring May Flowers!