Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 09-01-2010, 12:38 AM
Banned

Re: Sex Before Marriage: Does God Approve?

Charnock, is the Spirit convicting you of something?
Old 09-01-2010, 12:39 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charnock View Post
But what if you were married, your husband left you for another woman, and vanished? What if you can't even locate him for say....four years? What if you can't get his signature on the divorce papers?

Is it okay then? After all, it's not your fault he was a cheater? It's not your fault you can't marry the new guy.
Is this keeping you awake at night?
Old 09-01-2010, 12:44 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherri View Post
We've never told anyone to get married just because they got caught having sex, or even ended up pregnant. We've had parents force them into it, but we never suggest it. Two wrongs don't make a right. BUT.......on the other hand.........I can't believe this is even a discussion subject on here. The Bible is clear that sex outside of marriage is a sin.
If one poster wants to discuss, why not. Nothing is off-limits to talk about. Look at the "clear cut" teaching Paul had to wade through with those Corinthians!

Correcting sexual immorality in his first letter (really his second), this is where he reminded them that their bodies should be honored spiritually, since they are temples of the Spirit.

Biblically from OT to NT, fornication is a sin. I suggest my brother read the book "Not Even a Hint."
Old 09-01-2010, 06:38 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAII View Post
Crakjak or Aquila should chime in ... they can tell us its wrong but no biggie because no one goes to hell eternally and we're all saved anyway ...
LOL

Hell isn't a joke, eternal or not. Every idle word Dan. Careful.
Old 09-01-2010, 06:42 AM
Banned

I've heard of devout ulta-ultra-ultra conservative Christians who "marry" privately without government involvement. While I think this opens them up for loosing out on the legal benefits of marriage... is this something God recognizes?

I think the issue is simple. It's a sin, and sin has consequences. The guilt, shame, insecurity, and perhaps ultimate pain of heartache (not to mention Hell) are the results of this sin. Legal marriage is still a haven of safety.

Just courious... has everyone here waited until marriage? Just curious.
Old 09-01-2010, 07:14 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquila View Post
I've heard of devout ulta-ultra-ultra conservative Christians who "marry" privately without government involvement. While I think this opens them up for loosing out on the legal benefits of marriage... is this something God recognizes?

I think the issue is simple. It's a sin, and sin has consequences. The guilt, shame, insecurity, and perhaps ultimate pain of heartache (not to mention Hell) are the results of this sin. Legal marriage is still a haven of safety.

Just courious... has everyone here waited until marriage? Just curious.
I did not wait until marriage. I was raised in a UPCI church and the first several encounters were with (church girls) most after camp meeting services! My first marriage lasted 7 years. I found it much easier to wait for sex when dating my current wife! Why?? I believe it was because we were both older and previously married so the allure of that sexual experience that as a younger person ravashes our minds and bodies. I do believe sex before marriage is a sin!!!! I just wish there was a way to have sex education for these young people taught by someone educated in the field and also in a churc environment! All they hear is "its a sin. Dont do it its wrong you have a spirit or demon if you think about sex" instead of educating them on why they are feeling the way they do!!
Old 09-01-2010, 07:17 AM
Banned

Good points allstate. Thanks for opening up your story to us.
Old 09-01-2010, 07:19 AM
Freedom@apostolicidentity .com

Quote:
Originally Posted by allstate1 View Post
I did not wait until marriage. I was raised in a UPCI church and the first several encounters were with (church girls) most after camp meeting services! My first marriage lasted 7 years. I found it much easier to wait for sex when dating my current wife! Why?? I believe it was because we were both older and previously married so the allure of that sexual experience that as a younger person ravashes our minds and bodies. I do believe sex before marriage is a sin!!!! I just wish there was a way to have sex education for these young people taught by someone educated in the field and also in a churc environment! All they hear is "its a sin. Dont do it its wrong you have a spirit or demon if you think about sex" instead of educating them on why they are feeling the way they do!!
TMI ... there are various programs available today to educate teens ... and young adults ...

One within the UPCI is called "Worth the Wait". Others use things like Purity rings.

That said ... it is still prevalent in the fellowship as it is in other denominations as it is in the "world".

One girl I know who was "holiness" to the core and very defensive/offensive about the Message just got married to a boy she loves because she's preggo.

But she still wears a skirt and hasn't cut her hair

Of course this sin like lying, cheating, gossiping, backbiting has its consequences

Last edited by DAII; 09-01-2010 at 07:22 AM.
Old 09-01-2010, 07:26 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAII View Post
TMI ... there are various programs available today to educate teens ... and young adults ...

One within the UPCI is called "Worth the Wait". Others use things like Purity rings.

That said ... it is still prevalent in the fellowship as it is in other denominations as it is in the "world".

One girl I know who was "holiness" to the core and very defensive about the Message just got married to a boy she loves because she's preggo.

Of course this sin like lying, cheating, gossiping, backbiting has its consequences
Sorry my story burned your virgin eyes DA but I am not hiding my past although it was quite sinful. I was once the sunday school teacher for the young adults and asked pastor about bringing in the Worth the Wait program and was denied. It seems like here in MS and LA its just one of those ignore it and hope it goes away things!
Old 09-01-2010, 07:56 AM
My Family!

Funny thing - - I bet there could be ONE person in Charnock's church that feels that sex before marriage is okay too. BUT, he wouldn't say his whole church are heathens.