Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Sanctuary > Deep Waters > Branhamism
Facebook

Notices

Branhamism Discussion of distinctive doctrines of William M. Branham.

Old 01-04-2015, 07:25 PM
Registered Member

Re: William Branham--Response

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghamilton View Post
Why not the interest in his ministry? I believe we should be interested because of what God did through his ministry.
God did many things and is doing many things in many other ministries. It's spiritually unhealthy to speak of one man so much.

"Many Christians do not try to understand what was written in a verse in the Bible. Instead they approach the passage to prove what they already believe."
Old 01-04-2015, 07:25 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Why not the interest in his ministry? I believe we should be interested because of what God did through his ministry.
He was far more interesting than your average minister agreed.
Old 01-04-2015, 07:43 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfblume View Post
God did many things and is doing many things in many other ministries. It's spiritually unhealthy to speak of one man so much.
I agree. But should we completely ignor his ministry because so many have gone overboard?
Old 01-04-2015, 09:26 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
I agree. But should we completely ignor his ministry because so many have gone overboard?
I recognize his ministry and believe he was used of God in the word of knowledge and healings.

"Many Christians do not try to understand what was written in a verse in the Bible. Instead they approach the passage to prove what they already believe."
Old 01-05-2015, 11:28 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfblume View Post
I recognize his ministry and believe he was used of God in the word of knowledge and healings.
Now thats more like it. Here is where the problem comes in though. When trying to make heads or tails of his teachings people don't want any more to do with his ministry. They say things like "Oh, he was a Jesus Only". These are armchair analyst that don't have a correct understanding of this and other teachings of his ministry. They say "He wasn't an educated man" or "he made mistakes".
However,...it is very important to keep in mind the following Bible verses when sifting through all of the contents of this ministry. Bro Branham was a poor and uneducated man and therefore had some problems getting things properly stated in some cases. He grew in understanding and revelation as his ministry matured.

1 Cor 1:27-29
27 But God has chosen the foolish things of the world to put to shame the wise, and God has chosen the weak things of the world to put to shame the things which are mighty;
28 and the base things of the world and the things which are despised God has chosen, and the things which are not, to bring to nothing the things that are,
29 that no flesh should glory in His presence.
(NKJ)

This is the purpose of my little web-site. Each doctrine is presented so that anyone can examine them. Many Branhamites would disagree with me on these explainations. So be it. I'm not a Branhamite.
Here is my site. Enjoy!
Bro Greg
www.gregsweb.blogspot.com
Old 01-05-2015, 02:02 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Now thats more like it. Here is where the problem comes in though. When trying to make heads or tails of his teachings people don't want any more to do with his ministry. They say things like "Oh, he was a Jesus Only". These are armchair analyst that don't have a correct understanding of this and other teachings of his ministry. They say "He wasn't an educated man" or "he made mistakes".
However,...it is very important to keep in mind the following Bible verses when sifting through all of the contents of this ministry. Bro Branham was a poor and uneducated man and therefore had some problems getting things properly stated in some cases. He grew in understanding and revelation as his ministry matured.

1 Cor 1:27-29
27 But God has chosen the foolish things of the world to put to shame the wise, and God has chosen the weak things of the world to put to shame the things which are mighty;
28 and the base things of the world and the things which are despised God has chosen, and the things which are not, to bring to nothing the things that are,
29 that no flesh should glory in His presence.
(NKJ)

This is the purpose of my little web-site. Each doctrine is presented so that anyone can examine them. Many Branhamites would disagree with me on these explainations. So be it. I'm not a Branhamite.
Here is my site. Enjoy!
Bro Greg
www.gregsweb.blogspot.com
I do believe Branham left his calling and went into teaching when his ministry was not teaching, but the prophetic. I fully reject his serpent seed teaching. the original seed is the WORD. And the serpent's WORD was a lie and is what filled Eve's heart with sin. Not physical seed. It's like Branham was onto something but went off into error in thinking of physical seed.

He said that Cain was not said to be in the image of Adam, just Seth. But the fact is that Abel was not said to be in Adam's image either.

But his sensitivity in the gifts of the Spirit always encouraged me.

Last edited by mfblume; 01-05-2015 at 02:19 PM.
Old 01-05-2015, 02:22 PM
Registered Member

Greg, I build websites, and just a tip. Your site is very muttled and confusing. You should list titles of the articles you have on a page so people can click and go to them individually, rather than have all your articles on the front page itself.

Old 01-05-2015, 04:55 PM
Registered Member

I dont see any articles about eternal judgment? Am I correct in thinking he taught the annihilation of the wicked as opposed to never ending torment?
Old 01-06-2015, 10:03 AM
Registered Member

Thanks Brothers, I'll see what I can do to improve my site. It's all there. Maybe a little jamed together.
Bro Greg
Old 01-06-2015, 09:30 PM
Yeshua is God

Quote:
Thanks Brothers, I'll see what I can do to improve my site. It's all there. Maybe a little jamed together.
Bro Greg
Seriously your web site definitely needs some work.