Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 01-22-2019, 09:40 PM
jfrog's Avatar
jfrog jfrog is offline
Registered Member


 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 8,720
State Voting Law Impacts

So we all know that various states have quite different voting laws. It seems that typically blue states make it easier to vote and red states make it more difficult. Has anyone looked at the question of what the popular vote would have been like if red states had the same "easier" voting laws as blue states and what the popular vote would have been like if blue states had the same "harder" voting laws as red states?

Or how about this question, how much more of the popular vote did democrats get in the last presidential election because of their more lax voting laws? Would republicans have had the popular vote if voting laws had been equal or in their favor?

Would making voter laws more lax in red states actually provide more democrat or republican voters?

Is anyone aware of any studies on questions like these?
__________________
You better watch out before I blitzkrieg your thread cause I'm the Thread Nazi now!
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 01-22-2019, 11:44 PM
Esaias's Avatar
Esaias Esaias is offline
Master ThreadKiller


 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Zion aka TEXAS
Posts: 20,329
Re: State Voting Law Impacts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfrog View Post
So we all know that various states have quite different voting laws. It seems that typically blue states make it easier to vote and red states make it more difficult. Has anyone looked at the question of what the popular vote would have been like if red states had the same "easier" voting laws as blue states and what the popular vote would have been like if blue states had the same "harder" voting laws as red states?

Or how about this question, how much more of the popular vote did democrats get in the last presidential election because of their more lax voting laws? Would republicans have had the popular vote if voting laws had been equal or in their favor?

Would making voter laws more lax in red states actually provide more democrat or republican voters?

Is anyone aware of any studies on questions like these?
You're kidding, right?

"Hard" requirements? As in, not a felon, are you a citizen? Got ID? 18 or over?

Puhleeze. The "problem" is illegals can't vote legally, dead people can't vote legally, and demotards can't "vote early and often".

And let's ignore the fact "election results" are completely unverifiable anyway.
__________________
Visit the Apostolic House Church YouTube Channel!

Instead of google, use www.yandex.com


Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - http://www.robertwr.com/

Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 01-23-2019, 05:41 AM
jfrog's Avatar
jfrog jfrog is offline
Registered Member


 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 8,720
Re: State Voting Law Impacts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esaias View Post
You're kidding, right?

"Hard" requirements? As in, not a felon, are you a citizen? Got ID? 18 or over?

Puhleeze. The "problem" is illegals can't vote legally, dead people can't vote legally, and demotards can't "vote early and often".

And let's ignore the fact "election results" are completely unverifiable anyway.
And registration deadlines. And name spelling matches. And mail voting requirements and deadlines etc.

But the question isnít whether such laws make sense. I think they do. The question is what impact do the differences have on the national popular vote. Could republicans have won the popular election if all states had the same voting requirements?
__________________
You better watch out before I blitzkrieg your thread cause I'm the Thread Nazi now!
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 01-23-2019, 02:10 PM
Esaias's Avatar
Esaias Esaias is offline
Master ThreadKiller


 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Zion aka TEXAS
Posts: 20,329
Re: State Voting Law Impacts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfrog View Post
And registration deadlines. And name spelling matches. And mail voting requirements and deadlines etc.

But the question isnít whether such laws make sense. I think they do. The question is what impact do the differences have on the national popular vote. Could republicans have won the popular election if all states had the same voting requirements?
In other words, if Republicans had done what democrats do? Vote early and often? Register all the dead? Collect votes from non citizens?

And the popular vote isn't how Presidents are elected anyway, according to the "law of the land".

It's harder to get the lights turned on at a residence than it is to register and vote. Voting requirements only hinder people who likely aren't supposed to be voting anyway.

Pick a location, post the actual requirements, and let's examine where any difficulties may lie.
__________________
Visit the Apostolic House Church YouTube Channel!

Instead of google, use www.yandex.com


Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - http://www.robertwr.com/

Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 01-24-2019, 07:27 AM
jfrog's Avatar
jfrog jfrog is offline
Registered Member


 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 8,720
Re: State Voting Law Impacts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esaias View Post
In other words, if Republicans had done what democrats do? Vote early and often? Register all the dead? Collect votes from non citizens?

And the popular vote isn't how Presidents are elected anyway, according to the "law of the land".

It's harder to get the lights turned on at a residence than it is to register and vote. Voting requirements only hinder people who likely aren't supposed to be voting anyway.

Pick a location, post the actual requirements, and let's examine where any difficulties may lie.
You keep trying to argue against something I’m not saying. Strawman they call it?

What I’m asking about is whether differences in state to state voting laws impacts the national popular vote in favor of one party or the other and to what degree it does this.

The argument to go to national popular vote from the electoral college is something I greatly disagree with. However one of the most fundamental arguments for that is one of perceived fairness. What I’m trying to point out is that current popular vote figures are likely meaningless because of various state voting laws and their impacts.
__________________
You better watch out before I blitzkrieg your thread cause I'm the Thread Nazi now!
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 01-24-2019, 03:39 PM
Esaias's Avatar
Esaias Esaias is offline
Master ThreadKiller


 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Zion aka TEXAS
Posts: 20,329
Re: State Voting Law Impacts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfrog View Post
You keep trying to argue against something Iím not saying. Strawman they call it?

What Iím asking about is whether differences in state to state voting laws impacts the national popular vote in favor of one party or the other and to what degree it does this.

The argument to go to national popular vote from the electoral college is something I greatly disagree with. However one of the most fundamental arguments for that is one of perceived fairness. What Iím trying to point out is that current popular vote figures are likely meaningless because of various state voting laws and their impacts.
I keep trying to get you to be more specific. Name the state, point out the laws, and show whatever connection you think exists between those laws and election results.
__________________
Visit the Apostolic House Church YouTube Channel!

Instead of google, use www.yandex.com


Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - http://www.robertwr.com/

Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 01-25-2019, 10:33 AM
jfrog's Avatar
jfrog jfrog is offline
Registered Member


 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 8,720
Re: State Voting Law Impacts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esaias View Post
I keep trying to get you to be more specific. Name the state, point out the laws, and show whatever connection you think exists between those laws and election results.
No idea thatís why I asked if any research on this topic had already been done and if anyone could point me to sources regarding it.
__________________
You better watch out before I blitzkrieg your thread cause I'm the Thread Nazi now!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Why I will not be voting for Romney Pressing-On Political Talk 70 05-18-2012 10:49 AM
Voting R Is Vote 4 War Dedicated Mind Political Talk 85 11-03-2010 03:30 PM
Troops/voting AmericanAngel Fellowship Hall 3 09-27-2008 11:04 AM
Who Are you voting For? Praxeas Political Talk 14 04-24-2008 08:06 PM
Who Are You Voting For??? ChicagoPastor Political Talk 71 01-08-2008 04:10 PM

 
User Infomation
Your Avatar

Latest Threads
- by mfblume

Help Support AFF!

Advertisement




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:07 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.