Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall > The Tab
Facebook

Notices

The Tab Cutting edge news of what is happening in Apostolic Oneness Pentecost today!

Old 10-17-2007, 11:00 AM
Me and my sister Terri

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaBishop View Post
I agree totally and if I were in it - I would leave too! These organizations are antiquated and totally outdated. Both the UPC and PAW are TOP HEAVY!

The days of following some hierarchal potentate and subscribing to outdated theology of the early 1900's - just because somebody SAYS SO - is over for the most part. The good guys - the progressive guys - will leave and let them keep playing their gospel games and thinking they are the ONLY ones with TRUTH!
There will always be those that continue to sip the kool aid and think they are the ONLY ones that are gonna make it.
agree.....thank you AB!!!
Old 10-17-2007, 11:01 AM
I remain the Petulant Chevalier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandra View Post
I just sang at their National Conference this year, I sing at many PAW churches.
Many of those PAW preachers associate with non-oneness preachers.
Its all good, God is up to great things.
I think that is wonderful. I havent heard you in years but it would be great to hear you again.

i am much less concerned about PAW preachers having non-oneness friends than I am concerned about PAW preachers teaching false doctrine. there is a big difference.
Old 10-17-2007, 11:02 AM
Me and my sister Terri

I was with Bishop Norman Wagner a month ago in Youngstown, he is way to progresssive for PAW. I am sure he is on his way out.

Tom Fred Tenny may be wrong. we may be LESS than a generation away from the death of the Apostolic movement.
Invisible Thad

[QUOTE=AtlantaBishop;274204]I was raised in Trinitarian Pentecost and was saved and filled with the Holy Ghost at the age of 5. I started preaching at 16 and held my first license to preach at age 16. I was educated in "Trinitarian" Bible Colleges. I have never heard a "Three God" message in my life.
It is by the grace and mercy of God that I received the Revelation of Jesus Christ and know Him as the Mighty God. I am thankful that I was baptized in the name of Jesus Christ and I identify with HIM as my Messiah, Lord and God. It is a shame that we want to resort to name calling and bashing to lift up out theological position.
IMHO - Most in the Oneness movement - have been TAUGHT Oneness Theology and Wesleyan Holiness Ideology and have NEVER had a true Revelation of Jesus Christ. They know Him with head knowledge but not in a true Revelation of who He is![/QUOTE]
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

true, I can agree with that, but that is the case in ANY church where religion is Passed down from generation to generation.

also , would agree that there is a wide range of beliefs amongst trinitarians? we have been scheduled to sing on programs in our community only to cancelled at the last minute simply because we are a "Oneness cult". So, this type of rhetoric works both ways.

some Trinitarians sound very close to Oneness while a few sound like Tritheist. that's what i was referring to when i mentioned the wide spectrum of beliefs
Old 10-17-2007, 11:03 AM
Me and my sister Terri

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
I think that is wonderful. I havent heard you in years but it would be great to hear you again.

i am much less concerned about PAW preachers having non-oneness friends than I am concerned about PAW preachers teaching false doctrine. there is a big difference.
I don't think they are preaching false doctrine, Bishop Jones belives in one GOD.
Old 10-17-2007, 11:14 AM

Quote:
I don't think they are preaching false doctrine, Bishop Jones belives in one GOD.
from what I understand it is less about Godhead and more about a laundry list of other doctrinal views. doctrinal views that have led to widespready carnality and no, I aint talking about ladys with earbobs and pants.
Old 10-17-2007, 11:15 AM
Me and my sister Terri

Quote:
from what I understand it is less about Godhead and more about a laundry list of other doctrinal views. doctrinal views that have led to widespready carnality and no, I aint talking about ladys with earbobs and pants.
Are you saying the Apostolics have it all right, just asking??? You think in every area apostolics have no error??
Old 10-17-2007, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Are you saying the Apostolics have it all right, just asking??? You think in every area apostolics have no error??
Sandra, there are a few things that I think are very important doctrinally speaking.

I personally am Water/Spirit in doctrine but I see that there should be room for fellowship and a common spirit of unity and working together between those who are PCI in doctrine and those that are W/S.

Where Holiness is concerned, I believe we all should preach Holiness because it is VERY biblical. That doesnt mean I believe we should all have traditional Holiness Standards as taught by the UPCI and the conservitives over the last 40 years.

I am with TFT, we need room in our movement for a wider understanding of what it is to be Apostolic.

That doesnt mean we give up the bedrock. Oneness is what we are. period. teachings like Braziers on eternal salvation and some other things that have led to serious carnality issues is very troubling.

I have heard reports from PAW people that there is rampant moral issues as well. This stems from teaching! THIS is what I am talking about Sandra. Not some extremely narrow interpretation of what it means to be Apostolic.
Old 10-17-2007, 12:04 PM
Me and my sister Terri

Quote:
Sandra, there are a few things that I think are very important doctrinally speaking.

I personally am Water/Spirit in doctrine but I see that there should be room for fellowship and a common spirit of unity and working together between those who are PCI in doctrine and those that are W/S.

Where Holiness is concerned, I believe we all should preach Holiness because it is VERY biblical. That doesnt mean I believe we should all have traditional Holiness Standards as taught by the UPCI and the conservitives over the last 40 years.

I am with TFT, we need room in our movement for a wider understanding of what it is to be Apostolic.

That doesnt mean we give up the bedrock. Oneness is what we are. period. teachings like Braziers on eternal salvation and some other things that have led to serious carnality issues is very troubling.

I have heard reports from PAW people that there is rampant moral issues as well. This stems from teaching! THIS is what I am talking about Sandra. Not some extremely narrow interpretation of what it means to be Apostolic.
me too!!