Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-22-2018, 09:35 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Re: Oneness And Pre Incarnate Logos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael The Disciple View Post

He created his image before the Angels.
This is where I think your understanding of the Logos, and my understanding of the Logos, may differ. I do not believe the Logos was "created". I believe "in the beginning was the Logos... and the Logos was God". Which I understand to mean the Logos was (and is and will be) an intrinsic aspect of God's existence. The Logos exists because God exists, not because God "created" or "made" the Logos. For example, God did not "create" His wisdom in the literal sense, because that would imply there was a time when God did not have wisdom - which would make it impossible for Him to create it. Rather, wisdom always was a part of God's existence, it is a "by product" if you will of His nature.

I believe the same is true of the Logos. If there is God, there is the Logos, regardless of whether anything else exists.

I also believe that early Christian speculation concerning the origin of the Logos is what lead to Tertullian's ideas concerning the creation, making, forming, or "emanation" of the Logos, making it a distinct person from the Father. This in turn led to more speculation which resulted in the trinitarian view and the "eternal generation/begetting of the Logos".

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf