Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Sanctuary > Deep Waters > Branhamism
Facebook

Notices

Branhamism Discussion of distinctive doctrines of William M. Branham.

Old 05-30-2008, 10:42 AM
Registered Member

What's this Branhamism?

Ok, so I see this group being discussed, and I know VERY little about Branhamites. Dr. V I guess is a Branhamite, and it seems he is more than willing to give info on his group, so, Dr. V, perhaps if you wanted to answer my questions you could enlighten me on Branhamism, and if anyone else wants to contribute, maybe we could make this a Branhamite 101 type thing, for people like me, who know very little.
Now, I've been to that "Sign" website, where there's the light beam thing by Branham's head and whatnot, but unfortunately, there was little info on that website that I could understand.
Here's what I think I know about Branham so far; they're not dogmatic about the Godhead, they baptize in JESUS' name (?), I don't know if they believe in speaking in tongues, and they believe in a sort of hyper-Calvinistic predestination known as "serpent seed doctrine". How am I doing so far? Later on, I'd be interested to find out how these people worship, where they have meetings, what the singing and preaching is like, ect...
I came across some Branhamites one time at a funeral in Canada I was at, but I didn't talk to them or anything, they were just friends of the Pentecostal family who's relative had passed. They seemed to dress by fairly conservative standards, other than that, though, I didn't talk with them, so there's little I know.

GOD BLESS!
Bro. Alex
Old 05-30-2008, 12:30 PM
Mr. Stewart

Re: What's this Branhamism?

I can't answer your question because I had never even heard of Branham, but in the last few days I have read more about him than I have ever cared to. It would not bother me to never see the name again. At this point I could probably start a post about the Houston Astros and have it turn into a Branhamite debate.

Either the United States will destroy ignorance, or ignorance will destroy the United States. – W.E.B. DuBois
My Countdown Counting down to: The Apocolypse
Old 05-30-2008, 12:33 PM
Jesus is the Christ

Quote:
Originally Posted by tstew View Post
I can't answer your question because I had never even heard of Branham, but in the last few days I have read more about him than I have ever cared to. It would not bother me to never see the name again. At this point I could probably start a post about the Houston Astros and have it turn into a Branhamite debate.

TOOOOOOO TRUE BRO
If ye believe not that I AM, ye shall die in your sins. John 8:24

Mone me, amabo te, si erro

No real problem exists over the use of "The Name" in everthing else done in the Church. Why then should there exist great controversy over the use of the "The Name of the Godhead" in water baptism?
Kevin J. Conner The Name of God p. 92
Old 05-30-2008, 12:52 PM
Shaking the dust off my shoes.

Here ya go, Bro. I know wikipedia can be a bad source for information, but there are lots of citations to back up the claims made in this article.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_M._Branham
Old 02-06-2012, 06:54 PM
Registered Member

1 Chron. 16:22 Touch not mine anointed, and do my prophets no harm. During Brother Branham's ministry, there were thousands baptized and saved.They had no Branham Church. they are in mostly the Assembly and Oneness Churches.
James 5:20 remember this: Whoever turns a sinner from the error of their way will save them from death and cover over a multitude of sins.

Last edited by Johnny; 02-06-2012 at 07:09 PM.