Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > The Nursery > The Cry Room
Facebook

Notices

The Cry Room Where disruptive users are sent for a TIME OUT!

Old 02-23-2012, 06:23 AM
Registered Member

Re: Jesus Speaking in Tongues (Written)

You clowns just can't match the wisdomeof the seven spirits of the great spiritual being called bertcarring. Heathens!
And someday master you. --Anon.

The most deadly sins do not leap upon us, they creep up on us.
Old 02-23-2012, 07:06 AM
Rebel with a cause.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truthseeker View Post
You clowns just can't match the wisdomeof the seven spirits of the great spiritual being called bertcarring. Heathens!
We are not worthy!
"Many people view their relationship with God like a "color by number" picture. It's easier to let someone else define the boundaries, tell them which blanks to fill in, and what color to use than it is for them to take a blank canvas and seek inspiration from the Source in order to paint their own masterpiece"
Old 02-23-2012, 08:32 AM
On the road less traveled

Well, apparently our friend full of wisdom and the seven spirits has been banned...
Old 02-23-2012, 08:59 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeptByTheWord View Post
Well, apparently our friend full of wisdom and the seven spirits has been banned...
I think instead of allowing ourselves to get worked up and have him banned we should have ministered to him. For example, this is what I wrote him... but I'm not sure if he got a chance to read it. :(
I don’t think God or the devil told you these things. I believe that this is an honest question from a very solid individual with a strong opinion on the matter. I wish you wouldn’t deflect responsibility for your own thoughts and conclusions to God or Satan. You are a thinking being. Own your thoughts. This is one of the most striking elements of your posts. The vast majority of people who write like you do with “God told me this” or “God told me that” are trying to elevate their opinions above reproach because they either can’t defend their positions… or they feel insecure in their positions. Sadly, many do this because they were spiritually abused. To elevate their thoughts above reproach (claim they are God’s) allows them to insulate themselves from criticism (which often hurts). They do this because they come from a spiritual environment wherein they were heavily criticized, attacked, and their own thoughts, opinions, and even identity was denied them. So in elevating their thoughts and claiming they are God’s… the person can psychologically position themselves where they have the strength to speak their voice… and the idealistic protection of claiming it’s not their own thoughts, they are someone else’s (God’s).

You are a child of God with a bright mind. Your thoughts are your thoughts, part of your very identity, and you have a right to them. You have a right to own your thoughts…or identity. You have the right to place it in Christ alone and stand before mankind as an individual. You have the right to be right. You have the right to be wrong. You have the right to change your opinion should some information from any source convince you that your original position was flawed in some way. You have a right to be on the journey of life learning daily. The “God told me so” thing… it weakens your position. Why? Because way too many people have pulled that to spiritually abuse. That’s most likely where you learned it. So the moment we hear this… eh… we turn you off. Now… if God speaks to you… just word it like this, “I strongly feel in my spirit that…” Guess what… you didn’t blame God… but you didn’t deny that God may have spoken to you. The Holy Spirit will then work on the hearts of your readers should something be from God. There will be a spiritual “confirmation” between your understanding and their own. You’ll be amazed at how many people will begin to see truth in what you say. He who wins souls… must be wise. Also… worst case scenario… let’s say a “deceiving spirit” spoke to you pretending to be God. These spirits have fooled the greatest of men. Don’t become so high minded as to think they cannot deceive you. Let any man who thinks he stands, take heed, lest he fall! If a deceiving spirit speaks to you as though he is God… and you give him credit as being God… you’ve not only possibly deceived someone unintentionally… but you’ve attributed a lie to God (blasphemy). Speak from the heart, and allow God to draw others. Speak from the heart and allow yourself the right to be right or mistaken. Own your thoughts and identity. Don’t hide behind the “God told me” stuff. It will actually turn more from God than lead them to God. Think of it like this… on occasion Jesus told people not to tell things he said or did. He didn’t just broadcast, “I am God.” No. He spoke as a man who loved His Father. He was humble. He left room for mystery. And this… drew people faster than wild proclamations ever could because he engaged their minds and stimulated their thoughts and prejudices.

Hopefully IF God were speaking to someone on your behalf... you'd have the spiritual discernment to see it or hear it. It could change your life and ministry. Not to mention... claiming something is from God when it isn't will take a heavy emotional and spiritual toll... because at the core of your being, you know the truth. Even if you've convinced your own mind that it is God. It will drain you until you have nothing left and you find that you're entire religion is a house of mirrors and illusions. Not a pretty place to end up. Don't let that happen to you. If you have ears to hear... I pray that you listen. If you do... you will find healing for your soul.

God bless.
Yes, he was trolling. However, I pray that someone planted a seed. When the soil matures a little more, I have faith that it will spring forth.

Last edited by Aquila; 02-23-2012 at 09:02 AM.
Old 02-23-2012, 09:57 AM
Rebel with a cause.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquila View Post
I think instead of allowing ourselves to get worked up and have him banned we should have ministered to him. For example, this is what I wrote him... but I'm not sure if he got a chance to read it. :(
I don’t think God or the devil told you these things. I believe that this is an honest question from a very solid individual with a strong opinion on the matter. I wish you wouldn’t deflect responsibility for your own thoughts and conclusions to God or Satan. You are a thinking being. Own your thoughts. This is one of the most striking elements of your posts. The vast majority of people who write like you do with “God told me this” or “God told me that” are trying to elevate their opinions above reproach because they either can’t defend their positions… or they feel insecure in their positions. Sadly, many do this because they were spiritually abused. To elevate their thoughts above reproach (claim they are God’s) allows them to insulate themselves from criticism (which often hurts). They do this because they come from a spiritual environment wherein they were heavily criticized, attacked, and their own thoughts, opinions, and even identity was denied them. So in elevating their thoughts and claiming they are God’s… the person can psychologically position themselves where they have the strength to speak their voice… and the idealistic protection of claiming it’s not their own thoughts, they are someone else’s (God’s).

You are a child of God with a bright mind. Your thoughts are your thoughts, part of your very identity, and you have a right to them. You have a right to own your thoughts…or identity. You have the right to place it in Christ alone and stand before mankind as an individual. You have the right to be right. You have the right to be wrong. You have the right to change your opinion should some information from any source convince you that your original position was flawed in some way. You have a right to be on the journey of life learning daily. The “God told me so” thing… it weakens your position. Why? Because way too many people have pulled that to spiritually abuse. That’s most likely where you learned it. So the moment we hear this… eh… we turn you off. Now… if God speaks to you… just word it like this, “I strongly feel in my spirit that…” Guess what… you didn’t blame God… but you didn’t deny that God may have spoken to you. The Holy Spirit will then work on the hearts of your readers should something be from God. There will be a spiritual “confirmation” between your understanding and their own. You’ll be amazed at how many people will begin to see truth in what you say. He who wins souls… must be wise. Also… worst case scenario… let’s say a “deceiving spirit” spoke to you pretending to be God. These spirits have fooled the greatest of men. Don’t become so high minded as to think they cannot deceive you. Let any man who thinks he stands, take heed, lest he fall! If a deceiving spirit speaks to you as though he is God… and you give him credit as being God… you’ve not only possibly deceived someone unintentionally… but you’ve attributed a lie to God (blasphemy). Speak from the heart, and allow God to draw others. Speak from the heart and allow yourself the right to be right or mistaken. Own your thoughts and identity. Don’t hide behind the “God told me” stuff. It will actually turn more from God than lead them to God. Think of it like this… on occasion Jesus told people not to tell things he said or did. He didn’t just broadcast, “I am God.” No. He spoke as a man who loved His Father. He was humble. He left room for mystery. And this… drew people faster than wild proclamations ever could because he engaged their minds and stimulated their thoughts and prejudices.

Hopefully IF God were speaking to someone on your behalf... you'd have the spiritual discernment to see it or hear it. It could change your life and ministry. Not to mention... claiming something is from God when it isn't will take a heavy emotional and spiritual toll... because at the core of your being, you know the truth. Even if you've convinced your own mind that it is God. It will drain you until you have nothing left and you find that you're entire religion is a house of mirrors and illusions. Not a pretty place to end up. Don't let that happen to you. If you have ears to hear... I pray that you listen. If you do... you will find healing for your soul.

God bless.
Yes, he was trolling. However, I pray that someone planted a seed. When the soil matures a little more, I have faith that it will spring forth.
Noble thought, and I commend you.......however, our friend exhibited a blatant disregard for any counsel, and a true abhorrence to logic. Add to that a protrusive disrespect for any and all who challenged him, an overt use of the Lord's name in vain, and just a general ignorance of all things logical, and there is just no use wasting your time or your words.

Not worth throwing your pearls before the swine.
"Many people view their relationship with God like a "color by number" picture. It's easier to let someone else define the boundaries, tell them which blanks to fill in, and what color to use than it is for them to take a blank canvas and seek inspiration from the Source in order to paint their own masterpiece"
Old 02-23-2012, 10:11 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Phelps View Post
Noble thought, and I commend you.......however, our friend exhibited a blatant disregard for any counsel, and a true abhorrence to logic. Add to that a protrusive disrespect for any and all who challenged him, an overt use of the Lord's name in vain, and just a general ignorance of all things logical, and there is just no use wasting your time or your words.

Well, that might apply. I find "What is the chaff to the wheat" to be more apt here, possibly, and note that it is common for someone new to forums to feel their oats a little, and this superiority complex thing is a common phenomenon born of poor self-esteem which can be overcome; but not if you return tit for tat.

What I've seen in replies to Bert is more like "What is the chaff to the chaff," sorry; but it's pretty hard to continually offend someone who is unoffendable--especially if they have just hit their "ignore" button on you.

If you allow him to post, you will have an opportunity to demonstrate Grace to anonymous readers of both, and all will be edified. See that the more satanic his posts get, the shinier will be your Graceful response.

Last edited by bbyrd009; 02-23-2012 at 10:14 AM.
Old 02-23-2012, 10:16 AM
I Am That I Am.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbyrd009 View Post
Well, that might apply. I find "What is the chaff to the wheat" to be more apt here, possibly, and note that it is common for someone new to forums to feel their oats a little, and this superiority complex thing is a common phenomenon born of poor self-esteem which can be overcome; but not if you return tit for tat.

What I've seen in replies to Bert is more like "What is the chaff to the chaff," sorry; but it's pretty hard to continually offend someone who is unoffendable--especially if they have just hit their "ignore" button on you.
What you've seen is nothing more than what goes on with everyone, we take an opinion we don't like and dismantle it, especially if said opinion goes against the word of God, and ESPECIALLY if said opinion personally attacks an individual. Uncle Bert just has a way of...offending at least one person with everything he says, and having a ridiculous amount of misinterpreted scripture knowledges.
Old 02-23-2012, 10:39 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Matt View Post
What you've seen is nothing more than what goes on with everyone, we take an opinion we don't like and dismantle it, especially if said opinion goes against the word of God, and ESPECIALLY if said opinion personally attacks an individual. Uncle Bert just has a way of...offending at least one person with everything he says, and having a ridiculous amount of misinterpreted scripture knowledges.
Sure, but answering a fool according to his folly is not respecting "What is the chaff to the wheat?" (You) would be much better served, absent an answer form Grace, to completely ignore any disrespect, otherwise (Bert) gets the signal that (your) respect comes from him.
Old 02-23-2012, 10:42 AM
Not riding the train

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Phelps View Post

Wow, very professional wording. When did you pass your bar exam? lol
Old 02-23-2012, 10:48 AM
I Am That I Am.

Talking Re: Jesus Speaking in Tongues (Written)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbyrd009 View Post
Sure, but answering a fool according to his folly is not respecting "What is the chaff to the wheat?" (You) would be much better served, absent an answer form Grace, to completely ignore any disrespect, otherwise (Bert) gets the signal that (your) respect comes from him.
If you quote that scripture one more time...so help me....