Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > The Library > Café Blog-a-bit
Facebook

Notices

Café Blog-a-bit Our own cozy coffeehouse to congregate and share.

Old 05-25-2013, 01:33 PM
Isaiah 56:4-5

Re: ★ Houston's Hangout ★

http://youtu.be/9Klda0-6FSU
Old 05-25-2013, 08:55 PM

I wanted, or needed a pastor/mentor. I kinda still do. :/
I used to look for a mentor, someone that will take me under his arm, someone that will lead. But they have seen no value in me or I would collapse within myself like recently with the "confession" thread.

So... Now what? Really! I am miserable. I could forget about it all and walk away but it would only add to my misery.

This pattern, this, ...this circle has been one of the only two consistencies in my life.
Youth, it is wasted on the young. Sure, I made strides since I showed up as that "berkeley" kid. But, what is the point? Several times I thought I was completely free. Maybe I was free but preferred bondage???

"...I remember the fish, which I did eat in Egypt freely; the cucumbers, and the melons, and the leeks, and the onions, and the garlick..."

The second... The primary consistency... God is love. God is, He is love. He is mercy. He has pursued me through all this, through the mess. He has NEVER left me or forsaken me! I don't, I don't get it. I don't understand it. Why? I can't step back and see the big picture.

I know what I am and what I have become. I know what is, what's inside of me. This thing, this thing that I hate. This thing that doesn't go away. This ...this shame. Everyone has branded me with a scarlet letter. A huge "F" monogrammed into my sleeve.

Everyone gives a different reason.
"You are too quiet."
"You don't talk about women."
"You're not athletic."
"Your eyes give it away."

That's what they see. They don't see the hurt. They don't see the pain. They don't know of the past abuse... the scars... or the newly open wounds that they inflict. All they see is a defective person. An easy target. Someone to make jokes about.

God sees ...I don't know what He sees. He sees something ...something that they do not see. He keeps pouring out His love upon me. He showers me with mercy. He reaches for me. I... I reach out to Him but I ...I become afraid. "Don't hurt me!" So I pull away.

When is enough ...enough?!? When does He say "No more games!" and bring judgment? Everyone who was supposed to love me has hurt me. When... I guess that's what I have been waiting for, for God to hurt me.

I don't think He will. I ...I'm hoping ...praying that He gives me just a little more time to get used to the idea. I want to trust Him.
Old 05-25-2013, 09:06 PM
Repent and believe the Gospel!

Quote:
Originally Posted by houston View Post
I used to look for a mentor, someone that will take me under his arm, someone that will lead. But they have seen no value in me or I would collapse within myself like recently with the "confession" thread.

So... Now what? Really! I am miserable. I could forget about it all and walk away but it would only add to my misery.

This pattern, this, ...this circle has been one of the only two consistencies in my life.
Youth, it is wasted on the young. Sure, I made strides since I showed up as that "berkeley" kid. But, what is the point? Several times I thought I was completely free. Maybe I was free but preferred bondage???

"...I remember the fish, which I did eat in Egypt freely; the cucumbers, and the melons, and the leeks, and the onions, and the garlick..."

The second... The primary consistency... God is love. God is, He is love. He is mercy. He has pursued me through all this, through the mess. He has NEVER left me or forsaken me! I don't, I don't get it. I don't understand it. Why? I can't step back and see the big picture.

I know what I am and what I have become. I know what is, what's inside of me. This thing, this thing that I hate. This thing that doesn't go away. This ...this shame. Everyone has branded me with a scarlet letter. A huge "F" monogrammed into my sleeve.

"You are too quiet."
"You're not athletic."

That's what they see. They don't see the hurt. They don't see the pain. They don't know of the past abuse... the scars... or the newly open wounds that they inflict. All they see is a defective person. An easy target. Someone to make jokes about.

God sees ...I don't know what He sees. He sees something ...something that they do not see. He keeps pouring out His love upon me. He showers me with mercy. He reaches for me. I... I reach out to Him but I ...I become afraid. "Don't hurt me!" So I pull away.

When is enough ...enough?!? When does He say "No more games!" and bring judgment? Everyone who was supposed to love me has hurt me. When... I guess that's what I have been waiting for, for God to hurt me.

I don't think He will. I ...I'm hoping ...praying that He gives me just a little more time to get used to the idea. I want to trust Him.
David Wilkerson Today
A Ministry of World Challenge

FRIDAY, MAY 24, 2013

Quote:
THIS POOR MAN CRIED
by David Wilkerson
[May 19, 1931 - April 27, 2011]

In the very first verse of Psalm 51 we read that David appeals to the tender, forgiving mercies of God: "Have mercy upon me, O God, according to thy
lovingkindness: according unto the multitude of thy tender mercies blot out my transgressions."

David knew what to do: "This poor man cried, and the Lord heard him, and saved him out of all his troubles" (Psalm 34:6). "The righteous cry, and the Lord heareth, and delivereth them out of all their troubles" (Psalm 34:17).

Dear saint, this is your victory over sin: the absolute confidence that no matter how grievously you have sinned or fallen, you serve a Lord who is ready to forgive, anxious to heal, and possesses more lovingkindness toward you than you could ever need.

The devil comes to you and says, "No! If you get off the hook too easily, you'll jump right back into sin." He will make you feel miserable, unworthy to lift your hands in praise to God, or even to pick up His Word.

But here is your weapon: Cry out as David did, with all of your heart. Go to God and say to Him, "Lord, You love me. I know You are ready to forgive me. I confess!"

At that very moment, you are clear with God. You don't have to pay for your sin. God loves you so much that He gave His Son, who has already paid for it. A merciful, loving advocate is yearning to help and deliver you: "My little children, these things I write unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous" (1 John 2:1).

My young granddaughter wanted to walk atop a low concrete wall. As I held her from behind, she tried to knock my hand away. I let go and eventually she fell (but without hurting herself). When she fell, I didn't desert her and say, "Look at what you did. You're not mine anymore!"

The Lord said to me, "David, you allow yourself such love for this child, but you won't allow Me to love you in the same way. You swell with pride over your children but you won't allow Me to do so on your behalf!"

The Bible says God takes pleasure in His children!

Scripture is its own interpreter. Nothing can cut a diamond but a diamond. Nothing can interpret Scripture but Scripture" Thomas Watson.
Old 05-25-2013, 09:12 PM
Repent and believe the Gospel!

Quote:
Originally Posted by houston View Post

"You are too quiet."
"You're not athletic."

David Wilkerson Today
A Ministry of World Challenge

FRIDAY, MAY 17, 2013

Quote:
ENDLESS COMPASSION
by David Wilkerson
[May 19, 1931 - April 27, 2011]

A lovely, 19-year-old nurse stopped me after a crusade service. Tearfully, she sobbed out a pitiful confession: "Mr. Wilkerson, I'm a lesbian. I feel so dirty and unclean. The church where I used to attend asked me to never return. The minister said he couldn't take a chance of my seducing others in his congregation. I feel like suicide is my only way out. I live in total fear and condemnation. Must I kill myself to find peace?"

She kept backing away from me as if she felt too unclean to be in my presence.
I asked her if she still loved Jesus. "Oh, yes," she replied. "Every waking hour, my heart cries out to Him. I love Christ with everything in me but I'm bound by this terrible habit."

How beautiful it was to see her face light up when I told her how much God loved her, even in her struggles. I told her, "Don't ever give yourself over to your sin. God draws a line right where you are. Any momentum toward Him is accounted as righteousness. Any move back across that line, away from Him, is sin. If we draw near to Him, He draws near to us. Keep your spiritual momentum!
Keep loving Jesus even though you still do not have total victory. Accept His daily forgiveness. Live one day at a time! Be convinced Jesus loves sinners so He must love you, too!"

She smiled a smile of relief and said, "Mr. Wilkerson, you are the first minister who ever offered me a ray of hope. Deep in my heart I know He still loves me and I know He will give me deliverance from this bondage. But I have been so condemned by everybody. Thanks for your message of hope and love."

Reader of this message, are you living under condemnation? Have you sinned against the Lord? Have you grieved the Holy Spirit in your life? Are you waging a losing battle with an overpowering temptation?

All you need to do is search God's Word and you will discover a God of mercy, love and endless compassion. David said, "If thou, Lord, shouldest mark iniquities, O Lord, who shall stand? But there is forgiveness with thee, that thou mayest be feared" (Psalm 130:3-4).

Scripture is its own interpreter. Nothing can cut a diamond but a diamond. Nothing can interpret Scripture but Scripture" Thomas Watson.
Old 05-25-2013, 09:23 PM

Thank you
Old 05-26-2013, 12:39 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0c8rGtTZCnM
Old 05-26-2013, 12:40 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OjOneiZgQtU
Old 05-26-2013, 12:40 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ELjpqBgw3RA
Old 05-28-2013, 09:18 PM

D&R

Jesus spoke on D&R.

Those that heard Him were not under the New Covenant.

Is that relevant to how we should interpret the passage today?
Old 10-20-2013, 11:35 AM

I have a confession to make. I have fear and anxiety because I don't trust God.