Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 02-18-2019, 01:48 AM
Esaias's Avatar
Esaias Esaias is offline
Happily "off the chain"


 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Zion aka TEXAS
Posts: 19,994
Take off your shoes...

...for the place you stand is holy ground.

Some Pentecostals and apostolics remove their shoes for church, or if approaching the altar area, pulpit, etc.

Anyone familiar with this?
__________________
Visit the Apostolic House Church YouTube Channel!

Instead of google, use www.yandex.com


Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - http://www.robertwr.com/

Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 02-18-2019, 05:49 AM
shag shag is offline
.


 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 2,190
Re: Take off your shoes...

Nope.

Although my son stationed in Japan is required to take his shoes off before entering his rental house he lives in...does that count?
__________________
If you would win a man to your cause, first convince him that you are his sincere friend. Therein is a drop of honey that catches his heart...
Abraham Lincoln


Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen. - Eph. 4:29

Last edited by shag; 02-18-2019 at 06:31 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 02-18-2019, 06:29 AM
Evang.Benincasa's Avatar
Evang.Benincasa Evang.Benincasa is offline
Registered Member


 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 32,015
Re: Take off your shoes...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esaias View Post
...for the place you stand is holy ground.

Some Pentecostals and apostolics remove their shoes for church, or if approaching the altar area, pulpit, etc.

Anyone familiar with this?
Yes, I came up in barefoot Apostolic churches.

bare feet and socks.

Not me though, I always kept my boots on.
__________________
ALL pastors are hindrances and one should never have a pastor they will only abuse you and you will get hurt. Instead get your instructions from forum gurus that have never built a church.~Steve Epley.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 02-18-2019, 07:13 AM
diakonos's Avatar
diakonos diakonos is offline
parti pris


 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 271
Re: Take off your shoes...


I’ve only ever seen women do it. I thought it was because their shoes were uncomfortable.
__________________
John 6:37 All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 02-18-2019, 10:25 AM
Evang.Benincasa's Avatar
Evang.Benincasa Evang.Benincasa is offline
Registered Member


 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 32,015
Re: Take off your shoes...

Quote:
Originally Posted by diakonos View Post

Iíve only ever seen women do it. I thought it was because their shoes were uncomfortable.
Iíve seen men and women do it. Never on the platform. Iíve seen preachers take off their suit jackets, take off neck ties, and unbutton their collar.
__________________
ALL pastors are hindrances and one should never have a pastor they will only abuse you and you will get hurt. Instead get your instructions from forum gurus that have never built a church.~Steve Epley.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 02-18-2019, 11:24 AM
FlamingZword's Avatar
FlamingZword FlamingZword is offline
Yeshua is God


 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 4,158
Re: Take off your shoes...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esaias View Post
...for the place you stand is holy ground.

Some Pentecostals and apostolics remove their shoes for church, or if approaching the altar area, pulpit, etc.

Anyone familiar with this?
come on Esaias, I take my shoes off when I am at home.
the church is their home, so they just simply want to be comfortable.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 02-19-2019, 12:26 AM
votivesoul's Avatar
votivesoul votivesoul is offline
Administrator


 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: WI
Posts: 4,318
Re: Take off your shoes...

I have seen a few men do this, but never religiously. I've done it here and there, too.

I know a brother in the Lord, that years ago, always took his shoes off and prayed on a rug only, because he wanted a dedicated spot for prayer that was exclusively given over to God.
__________________
For anyone devoted to His fear:

http://votivesoul.wordpress.com/
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 02-19-2019, 06:40 AM
jediwill83's Avatar
jediwill83 jediwill83 is offline
Believe, Obey, Declare


 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Charlotte NC
Posts: 2,825
Re: Take off your shoes...

Quote:
Originally Posted by votivesoul View Post
I have seen a few men do this, but never religiously. I've done it here and there, too.

I know a brother in the Lord, that years ago, always took his shoes off and prayed on a rug only, because he wanted a dedicated spot for prayer that was exclusively given over to God.

1 Timothy 2:8


I will therefore that men pray EVERYWHERE, lifting up holy hands, without wrath and doubting.


Im noticing a disturbing trend of fetishizing OT happenings and using it as a guidebook for NT saints.


When I read this, this is the scripture that came to mind but in answer to the original post...isnt that kind of behavior the same as worshipping something that God used one time only.?..I mean I dont ever see it on scripture other than the original account with Moses and the burning bush


Wouldnt this be a bit like taken the brazen serpents and making them into idols something that God legitimately used?


Heres my main question.


Do we have the authority to take something God used as a one time occurence and make a tradition or practice of it?


So Moses who did NOT have the Spirit of God was told to do a certain thing.


He was told to take off his shoes because he was standing on holy ground.


What made the ground holy?


It was the literal manifestation of an invisible God who was yet to enter into man for communion.


It seems as of God was wanting to break down anything that would separate Him from Moses.


Moses could not have touched the burning bush without being consumed but I beleive that God let him get as close as he could without actual contact....and that was just Moses standing barefoot...


What does that mean for a Spirit filled Christian?


For a Spirit filled Christian, shoes do not separate us from God...but sin does.


With Moses...removing his shoes could be seen as a type of removal of a barrier...such as the Temple veil...God was saying, "Anything that separates you from contact with me I want it out of the way."


So now we are Spirit filled and in our quest to be whispy and "spiritual" we get up and act out a high point from someones sermon


Why?


Is it spiritual virtue signalling or is it a pervasive ignorance about what exactly and WHO exactly we possess?
__________________
Blessed are the merciful for they SHALL obtain mercy.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 02-19-2019, 12:02 PM
Esaias's Avatar
Esaias Esaias is offline
Happily "off the chain"


 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Zion aka TEXAS
Posts: 19,994
Re: Take off your shoes...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jediwill83 View Post
1 Timothy 2:8


I will therefore that men pray EVERYWHERE, lifting up holy hands, without wrath and doubting.


Im noticing a disturbing trend of fetishizing OT happenings and using it as a guidebook for NT saints.


When I read this, this is the scripture that came to mind but in answer to the original post...isnt that kind of behavior the same as worshipping something that God used one time only.?..I mean I dont ever see it on scripture other than the original account with Moses and the burning bush


Wouldnt this be a bit like taken the brazen serpents and making them into idols something that God legitimately used?


Heres my main question.


Do we have the authority to take something God used as a one time occurence and make a tradition or practice of it?


So Moses who did NOT have the Spirit of God was told to do a certain thing.


He was told to take off his shoes because he was standing on holy ground.


What made the ground holy?


It was the literal manifestation of an invisible God who was yet to enter into man for communion.


It seems as of God was wanting to break down anything that would separate Him from Moses.


Moses could not have touched the burning bush without being consumed but I beleive that God let him get as close as he could without actual contact....and that was just Moses standing barefoot...


What does that mean for a Spirit filled Christian?


For a Spirit filled Christian, shoes do not separate us from God...but sin does.


With Moses...removing his shoes could be seen as a type of removal of a barrier...such as the Temple veil...God was saying, "Anything that separates you from contact with me I want it out of the way."


So now we are Spirit filled and in our quest to be whispy and "spiritual" we get up and act out a high point from someones sermon


Why?


Is it spiritual virtue signalling or is it a pervasive ignorance about what exactly and WHO exactly we possess?
I was just wondering how common the practice was. Apparently catholics and orthodox also do this to a limited degree.

BTW, Joshua 5:15 has Joshua being told to do the same thing.
__________________
Visit the Apostolic House Church YouTube Channel!

Instead of google, use www.yandex.com


Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - http://www.robertwr.com/

Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 02-19-2019, 12:22 PM
Tithesmeister Tithesmeister is offline
Registered Member


 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 1,247
Re: Take off your shoes...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esaias View Post
I was just wondering how common the practice was. Apparently catholics and orthodox also do this to a limited degree.

BTW, Joshua 5:15 has Joshua being told to do the same thing.
I don't know how common it is. I've seen women do so but I believe they were just getting comfortable.

However, if God told me in an audible voice to take off my shoes because I am on holy ground, guess what I'm going to do.

Yep.

Socks too.




So far He has never done that.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
shoes.... Sister Alvear Fellowship Hall 7 02-02-2013 12:00 AM
Shoes, shoes and more shoes... Sister Alvear Fellowship Hall 5 04-01-2012 10:38 PM
Who's Shoes? Pro31:28 Fellowship Hall 11 12-25-2009 08:32 PM

 
User Infomation
Your Avatar

Latest Threads
- by Amanah
- by aegsm76

Help Support AFF!

Advertisement




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:11 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.