Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 11-27-2008, 08:34 PM
Follower of Jesus

Surprise Encounter with an AFF Member today!

The family and I traveled about 200 miles to eat with extended family, while at the High End Buffet, while getting seated we suddenly were surprised by an encounter with another valued AFF member PoMo, his wonderful wife and children. I will post a picture of this surprise encounter when I get home later.

Reminder that the world truly is a small place, and in the church we have family around the world.
Keith

My personal mission is to BRING people into a right relationship with God, GROW them up to maturity and SEND them back into the world to minister.
Old 11-27-2008, 08:37 PM
Forever Loved Admin

Re: Surprise Encounter with an AFF Member today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by keith4him View Post
The family and I traveled about 200 miles to eat with extended family, while at the High End Buffet, while getting seated we suddenly were surprised by an encounter with another valued AFF member PoMo, his wonderful wife and children. I will post a picture of this surprise encounter when I get home later.

Reminder that the world truly is a small place, and in the church we have family around the world.
Keith
How cool, he is one of my favorites.
If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.
2 Chronicles 7:14 KJV

He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? Micah 6:8 KJV

Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is. 1 John 3:2 KJV
Old 11-27-2008, 08:39 PM
Supercalifragilisticexpiali...

I had an encounter with a turkey today. He lost.

Pomo was telling us about their family tradition to visit that Buffet.

I am a firm believer in the Old Paths

Articles on such subjects as "The New Birth," will be accepted, whether they teach that the new birth takes place before baptism in water and Spirit, or that the new birth consists of baptism of water and Spirit. - THE PENTECOSTAL HERALD Dec. 1945

"It is doubtful if any Trinitarian Pentecostals have ever professed to believe in three gods, and Oneness Pentecostals should not claim that they do." - Daniel Segraves
Old 11-27-2008, 08:45 PM
Follower of Jesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Hoover View Post
I had an encounter with a turkey today. He lost.

Pomo was telling us about their family tradition to visit that Buffet.
One of the best views on earth, overlooking Lake Tahoe. I will post some pictures later.

My personal mission is to BRING people into a right relationship with God, GROW them up to maturity and SEND them back into the world to minister.
Old 11-27-2008, 08:49 PM
Supercalifragilisticexpiali...

Quote:
Originally Posted by keith4him View Post
One of the best views on earth, overlooking Lake Tahoe. I will post some pictures later.
Kewl. how far is that from Reno? Going there in a couple months.

I am a firm believer in the Old Paths

Articles on such subjects as "The New Birth," will be accepted, whether they teach that the new birth takes place before baptism in water and Spirit, or that the new birth consists of baptism of water and Spirit. - THE PENTECOSTAL HERALD Dec. 1945

"It is doubtful if any Trinitarian Pentecostals have ever professed to believe in three gods, and Oneness Pentecostals should not claim that they do." - Daniel Segraves
Old 11-27-2008, 08:53 PM
Follower of Jesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Hoover View Post
Kewl. how far is that from Reno? Going there in a couple months.
60 miles.

Old 11-27-2008, 08:55 PM
Resident PeaceMaker

Aw man i'm envious as I would like to meet someone from AFF,but I never get to.
I guess I live in an isolated place.
Old 11-27-2008, 09:34 PM
^ = A_Post-Modern

HEY! It was cool to see Keith and his beautiful wife Jeanie. What a surprise! It was good to see them, wish we could have spent more time talking as it's been a long time since we've hung out.

I'm a more than little concerned though that Keith is still planning a trip to Mumbai in spite of the ongoing terrorist activity there.

We pigged like porkers at the mondo buffet on top of Harrahs, went and saw "Quantam Solace", walked around the 'mall' and went down to the lakeside beach. Lots of fun. Very clear, crisp day with high visibility and stunning views, as Keith mentioned. It's gorgeous up here. We'll plan to either go ice skating or play in the snow tomorrow before we head home.

Happy Turkey Day to all, and to all a good night!
"Most human beings are not able to stand the message of the shaking of foundations. They reject and attack the prophetic minds, not because they really disagree with them, but because they sense the truth of their words and cannot receive it." Paul Tillich
Old 11-27-2008, 09:36 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Hutchinson View Post
Aw man i'm envious as I would like to meet someone from AFF,but I never get to.
I guess I live in an isolated place.

Maybe the next time I drive to Grand Bay, I'll spin through your town and we can meet for a bite at the local greasy spoon that features a view of the State Highway.
Old 11-27-2008, 09:37 PM
^ = A_Post-Modern

Quote:
Originally Posted by cneasttx View Post
How cool, he is one of my favorites.
"Most human beings are not able to stand the message of the shaking of foundations. They reject and attack the prophetic minds, not because they really disagree with them, but because they sense the truth of their words and cannot receive it." Paul Tillich