Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 09-16-2019, 11:19 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Re: Did The Son Of God Pre Exist?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evang.Benincasa View Post
That is very interesting observation.
He seems to think of Jesus as simply God-in-a-skin-suit?

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 09-16-2019, 11:22 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esaias View Post
He seems to think of Jesus as simply God-in-a-skin-suit?
Yet, the skin suit pre existed as a space suit prior to the birthed skin suit in Bethlehem. Messing up the verse of Hebrews proves that neither one of these brothers gave much thought to the verse.
Old 09-16-2019, 11:23 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Quote:
Yet, the skin suit pre existed as a space suit prior to the birthed skin suit in Bethlehem. Messing up the verse of Hebrews proves that neither one of these brothers gave much thought to the verse.
Indeed.

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 09-16-2019, 11:26 AM
Registered Member

I posted Drysdale's book on my site because it has some great oneness truths in it. But the first thing that caught me about his ANGEL OF GOD idea of this created Logos is how the angel of the Lord visited Paul, and that was supposed to not occur after He incarnated in flesh to no longer be the Angel of God but Son of God. How can there be an ANGEL OF GOD after the incarnation when the incarnation saw him called only SON OF GOD?

"Many Christians do not try to understand what was written in a verse in the Bible. Instead they approach the passage to prove what they already believe."

Last edited by mfblume; 09-16-2019 at 11:32 AM.
Old 09-16-2019, 11:26 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

My whole thing is that the logos is a separate entity outside of God. That God created this logos prior to the world's creation. Later that logos would be placed in a female human womb (no placenta) and be born seemingly human.

Last edited by Evang.Benincasa; 09-16-2019 at 11:32 AM.
Old 09-16-2019, 11:29 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfblume View Post
I posted Drysdale's book on my site because it has some great oneness truths in it. But the first thing that caught me about his ANGEL OF GOD idea of this created Logos is how the angel fo the Lord visited Paul, and that was supposed to be after He incarnated in flesh to no longer be the Angel of God but Son of God. How can there be an ANGEL OF GOD after the incarnation when the incarnation saw him called only SON OF GOD?
From what I gathered from reading these threads is that the logos returned to its original form. After the resurrection as a glorified body (Drysdale teaches that God in front of Abraham had a glorified body) this glorified body returned to where ever after the ascension? So, if we can logically assess all this it returned to its angel form?
Old 09-16-2019, 11:44 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Quote:
From what I gathered from reading these threads is that the logos returned to its original form. After the resurrection as a glorified body (Drysdale teaches that God in front of Abraham had a glorified body) this glorified body returned to where ever after the ascension? So, if we can logically assess all this it returned to its angel form?
Sounds a lot like JW teaching.

I just don't understand where a CREATED Logos got into some Oneness people's heads?

Old 09-16-2019, 12:01 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esaias View Post
Sounds a lot like JW teaching.

I just don't understand where a CREATED Logos got into some Oneness people's heads?
I believe it all comes through the Adam Kadmon teaching in Kabbalah. Adam Kadmon is ethereal primordial man which was created by God before time. He later becomes Adam Ha-Rishon.
Old 09-16-2019, 12:02 PM
Registered Member

I'm not persuaded of the Logos being the visible manifestation of God through generations and later incarnated in Christ. The Christ was a real human, with a human will and soul, and yet the real God fully bodily in him. No idea how that worked out and no that I will ever understand. We try to make sense of everything in this age we live it but it is OK to leave some mysteries as mysteries.

However, what caught my attention the most of Mike's post was the first part.

[Rev 13:8 NKJV] All who dwell on the earth will worship him, whose names have not been written in the Book of Life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.

[Eph 1:4 NKJV] just as He chose us in Him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before Him in love,

[2 Tim 1:9 NKJV] who has saved us and called us with a holy calling, not according to our works, but according to His own purpose and grace which was given to us in Christ Jesus before time began,

I came to the confirmation again, that it is just the language of the Bible, that for many seem to indicate pre-existing of a materialized Son, or begotten Son.

But it is clarified in the following verse:

[1 Pet 1:20 NKJV] He indeed was foreordained before the foundation of the world, but was manifest in these last times for you

It is just the language, which is used for the Christ and also for the Church.

Again, to me, the Son existed from the beginning... in God's plan, as He created everything and as He, knowing the coming falling, ordained the ages (worlds) around the Christ, and after the falling of Adam, subjected everything under corruption to be restored again in the age to come.

Last edited by coksiw; 09-16-2019 at 12:04 PM.
Old 09-16-2019, 12:07 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
I believe it all comes through the Adam Kadmon teaching in Kabbalah. Adam Kadmon is ethereal primordial man which was created by God before time. He later becomes Adam Ha-Rishon.
"Ha-Rishon" (the first), but ..... earth]; therefore did the Holy Ancient [God] select it for His own form" (Idra R. 141b). http://www.jewishencyclopedia.com/ar...61-adam-kadmon