Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 09-16-2019, 07:47 PM
Registered Member

Re: Did The Son Of God Pre Exist?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evang.Benincasa View Post
Both Sister Lori Burk, and Brother Burk don't remember that. Sister Burk grew up in Brother Baxter's church since 8 years old. So, don't celebrate yet. But even if he did, he is on Trintrian network. So that says a lot.
Dont celebrate yet? Just click the link and listen. He preaches the true version of Oneness with the correct understanding of the Logos.

The video is not from TBN. It is from his radio/internet broadcast. He may still have a TV spot on TBN.

Would it be a sin for a Oneness preacher to be on TBN?

Was Pastor Magnum of POA in sin when he went on TBN?
Old 09-16-2019, 08:02 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esaias View Post
MTD further contradicts both John and Paul by asserting the Logos contained "some f God's eternal life". The NT is emphatic that the PLEROMA OF DEITY IS IN JESUS BODILY. Not "some" of God, but the FULLNESS of God. This is why early Christianity was so startling, bevause it proclaimed the FULLNESS of Jehovah is in Christ. Later apologists adapted their teaching to pagan concepts by introducing an emanated, formed, created Logos who was subordinate to the transcendant YHVH and was thus an IMAGE of YHVH rather than YHVH HIMSELF and served as YHVH's intermediary agent.

Both Jews and Christians accused these "apologetists" of "introducing two powers and two gods".
1 John 1:1-2

1That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we have looked upon, and our hands have handled, of the Word of life; 2(For the life was manifested, and we have seen it, and bear witness, and shew unto you that eternal life, which was with the Father, and was manifested unto us

What was the eternal life that was WITH the Father? We know the Father had eternal life but John says that eternal life that was WITH THE FATHER.

Was the eternal life that was WITH the Father merely a plan, voice, or thought? Was plan, voice and thought manifested?

Or was the plan, thought, and voice combined into one image that God made for himself from the beginning? Putting some (not all his eternal life) in it?

After all the same John called the Logos HIM. Thought is not him. Plan is not him. Voice is not him.

These things together in a body CAN be personal.

John 1:3

3All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

The Logos was a person. God in a visible form.
Old 09-16-2019, 08:11 PM
Registered Member

I took some time and listened to John Ekstat teaching on the Logos tonight. The message was preached at Parkway Apostolic Church in Wisconsin in the 70's.

It was truly magnificent. Only topped by another recording I heard by him on the subject decades ago. The best and most edifying teaching I ever heard on any topic hands down.

When Ekstat died his wife continued going to Parkway. I know when I first came to Oneness in 1980 Parkway was considered a cutting edge Apostolic Church.

I cant say whether they still hold this truth but I met a Pastor who came out from their about 16 years back. He said when he went there Sis Ekstat was still attending.

He also taught the message of the Logos.
Old 09-16-2019, 08:11 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael The Disciple View Post
1 John 1:1-2

1That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we have looked upon, and our hands have handled, of the Word of life; 2(For the life was manifested, and we have seen it, and bear witness, and shew unto you that eternal life, which was with the Father, and was manifested unto us

What was the eternal life that was WITH the Father? We know the Father had eternal life but John says that eternal life that was WITH THE FATHER.

Was the eternal life that was WITH the Father merely a plan, voice, or thought? Was plan, voice and thought manifested?

Or was the plan, thought, and voice combined into one image that God made for himself from the beginning? Putting some (not all his eternal life) in it?

After all the same John called the Logos HIM. Thought is not him. Plan is not him. Voice is not him.

These things together in a body CAN be personal.

John 1:3

3All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

The Logos was a person. God in a visible form.
You seem incapable of understanding what I say. Weird.

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 09-16-2019, 08:12 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Dont celebrate yet? Just click the link and listen. He preaches the true version of Oneness with the correct understanding of the Logos.

The video is not from TBN. It is from his radio/internet broadcast. He may still have a TV spot on TBN.

Would it be a sin for a Oneness preacher to be on TBN?

Was Pastor Magnum of POA in sin when he went on TBN?
Sister Burk was in Brother Baxter Jr's church since she was EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

But I already posted that to you, and she says she NEVER heard Him preach about God's space suit. She and Brother Burk do remember an overhead projector with a blob representing God and that He would be robed ion flesh Jesus. So, Mike, I guess your boy came up with his gnostic Adam Kadmon theory after the Burks left Indiana.
Old 09-16-2019, 08:19 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
The Logos is not just a body. IT IS JEHOVAH HIMSELF. That's where (part) of your error lies.
Did I ever say the word was JUST A BODY?

The word WAS JEHOVAH.....in visible form. That was not ALL of him. He was still omnipresent.
Old 09-16-2019, 08:19 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esaias View Post
You seem incapable of understanding what I say. Weird.
That's why it is such a chore dealing with him. But he is a teacher, got himself a YouTubes channel teaching. I'm still trying to learn about God's space suit. Funny, I tried to find where Brother Drysdale explains John 1:18, 1 Timothy 1:17, 1 Timothy 6:16, and 1 John 4:12?
Old 09-16-2019, 08:20 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Did I ever say the word was JUST A BODY?

The word WAS JEHOVAH.....in visible form. That was not ALL of him. He was still omnipresent.
Elder LeDeay? Did you hijack MTD account?
Old 09-16-2019, 08:24 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Sister Burk was in Brother Baxter Jr's church since she was EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

But I already posted that to you, and she says she NEVER heard Him preach about God's space suit. She and Brother Burk do remember an overhead projector with a blob representing God and that He would be robed ion flesh Jesus. So, Mike, I guess your boy came up with his gnostic Adam Kadmon theory after the Burks left Indiana.
Well people do grow in their understanding. We know for sure he believes it NOW.

Now this is funny Dom. Today when I listened to Ekstat preach this message he compared the celestial logos form to a space suit that God put on to be visible to creation!

Maybe the message is starting to FORM in your mind?
Old 09-16-2019, 08:32 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
That is a prophet's rendition of what he is seeing spiritually (vision). Is God actually a Sun Disk with stalk wings which heal Malachi 4:2? This is like Jesus being seated on a throne, a lake of fire, these are all what men have seen in visions. Are they actually golden chairs, altars with a group of naked people under it waiting to receive white robes.
So there is no throne of God? No God sitting on it?

God had an angelic form.

Isaiah 63:9

In all their affliction he was afflicted, and the angel of his presence saved them: in his love and in his pity he redeemed them; and he bare them, and carried them all the days of old.