Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 06-22-2012, 12:53 PM
A Child Of The Most High

Re: Dr. Gerald Jeffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgcraig View Post
Check it out.

I've heard it from preachers outside my organization, mostly outside the Apostolic ranks.

I just meant I hadn't heard it from him. Anyone have a clip with him preaching this in it?
Old 06-22-2012, 12:58 PM
All Because Jesus...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroJoe View Post
Never heard of the little god theology before.
better look into brother... though there are different flavors of it... it's dangerous... and spreads it's tenticles into doctrines like Mormonism, Word of Faith/Name it Claim It, Universalism...etc. It also has ties into the, we are eternal souls before we were born, which lends itself into Reincarnation, mysticism, and some of those other dangerous eastern philosophies.

Jeffers takes the scripture in Isaiah, Psalms, and the Gospels where Jesus refers back to the old Testament writings... and takes the reference of "ye are gods" which is talking about righteous judges totally out of context, blends it with the enternal souls' past teaching... and really elevates the teaching to something that is almost in the realm of Mormonism and even beyond Word of Faith....

Very, very dangerous.
Old 06-22-2012, 01:00 PM
All Because Jesus...

Quote:
I've heard it from preachers outside my organization, mostly outside the Apostolic ranks.

I just meant I hadn't heard it from him. Anyone have a clip with him preaching this in it?

Lately, he's been teaching it almost every where he goes. I was going to post the link to the audio of him preaching it here in Nashville at New Life Apostolic, but the link on their website no longer works to the message. I was there that night... scary stuff.

I know there are some youtube videos that you can find pretty easily, just not sure they are the full message, and you need to hear it all within context.

I can tell you, the man preaches it.... his own variation of it, but he preaches it.... I would gain not one thing to misrepresent it... I actually am putting myself out there for some ridicule about it from those who visit this forum just to see what people say.
Old 06-22-2012, 01:02 PM
A Child Of The Most High

I would agree the little god theology I heard and read about is very dangerous. I hadn't thought it made it's way into the Apostolic ranks.

I listen to Jeffers a lot actually. He tours around california quite extensively.

There are Churches within my organization that won't allow him to come back. I've heard from students at CLC that Jeffers isn't allowed back by Bro Nathanial because he took certain scripture out of context.

But they said the same thing about Jimmy Toney, lol, who Apostolic young people adore. lol
Old 06-22-2012, 01:08 PM
All Because Jesus...

Quote:
I would agree the little god theology I heard and read about is very dangerous. I hadn't thought it made it's way into the Apostolic ranks.

I listen to Jeffers a lot actually. He tours around california quite extensively.

There are Churches within my organization that won't allow him to come back. I've heard from students at CLC that Jeffers isn't allowed back by Bro Nathanial because he took certain scripture out of context.

But they said the same thing about Jimmy Toney, lol, who Apostolic young people adore. lol
Hate to sound like an old coot here... but the size of the following doesn't make it gold... next time you want to judge the merit of anything by the size of it's following and adorers... just take a look at a truck full of horse manure.... the following of flies it will have will amaze you, but take it from this hillbilly preacher, it's still just a pile of DUNG!!!!!!!
Old 06-22-2012, 01:47 PM
A Child Of The Most High

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bro. Robbins View Post
Hate to sound like an old coot here... but the size of the following doesn't make it gold... next time you want to judge the merit of anything by the size of it's following and adorers... just take a look at a truck full of horse manure.... the following of flies it will have will amaze you, but take it from this hillbilly preacher, it's still just a pile of DUNG!!!!!!!
Old 06-22-2012, 02:06 PM
Isaiah 56:4-5

Jimmy Toney?
Old 06-22-2012, 03:51 PM
A Child Of The Most High

Quote:
Originally Posted by houston View Post
Jimmy Toney?
Relatively young preacher in the UPC.

He'll be preaching GC 2012, if I'm not mistaken.

Preached Youth Congress last year.

Building a new Church in Lexington, KY.

He was actually the one that preached the WD Youth Convetion where I go the Holy Ghost.
Old 06-22-2012, 04:23 PM
Isaiah 56:4-5

I think it's funny in a sad kinda way that the UPCI does nothing to encourage young men to enter into the ministry, kills off anyone with a vision, and kicks out those of a different opinion.

...she'd self destruct already. But there will always be those who can't get enough SLURM. It quenches their thirst.

Last edited by houston; 06-22-2012 at 04:47 PM.
Old 06-22-2012, 04:28 PM
A Child Of The Most High

Quote:
Originally Posted by houston View Post
I think it's funny in a sad kinda way that the UPCI does nothing to encourage young men to enter into the ministry, kills off anyone with a vision, and kicks out those of a different opinion.

I wish she'd self destruct already. But there will always be those who can't get enough SLURM. It quenches their thirst.

I'm 24 and I feel like I'm being encouraged quite well. .