Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > The Newsroom > Political Talk
Facebook

Notices

Political Talk Political News

Old 02-18-2012, 12:42 PM
Banned

GOP Senator Says We Need a new candidate

Top GOP Senator Says ‘If Romney Loses Michigan, We Need a New Candidate’

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics...new-candidate/

A prominent Republican senator just told me that if Romney can’t win in Michigan, the Republican Party needs to go back to the drawing board and convince somebody new to get into the race.
“If Romney cannot win Michigan, we need a new candidate,” said the senator, who has not endorsed anyone and requested anonymity.
The senator believes Romney will ultimately win in Michigan but says he will publicly call for the party to find a new candidate if he does not.
“We’d get killed,” the senator said if Romney manages to win the nomination after he failed to win the state in which he grew up.
“He’d be too damaged,” he said. “If he can’t even win in Michigan, where his family is from, where he grew up.”
What about Rick Santorum?
“He’d lose 35 states,” the senator said, predicting the same fate for Newt Gingrich.
It would have to be somebody else, the senator said. Who?
“Jeb Bush,” the former Florida governor.
Old 02-18-2012, 01:23 PM
Non-white I am a pink man

Re: GOP Senator Says We Need a new candidate

Oh, wait a minute. Let me just pull a rabbit out of my hat. Can anybody say, "No leadeship"? I guess people will have to turn to Jesus.
Old 02-18-2012, 01:32 PM

Let's just cancel the election. It is already far beyond being a 'farce'. Why waste all the millions of dollars? I find it amazing....there was a time when treason toward the Commander and Chief of our military/ the President of the United States was considered to be a crime. Don't get me wrong, I do not approve of many of the things Obama has done. But he is my president. I think it is a great shame that so many "christians"....are 'deteriorating' the very fabric of what is great about our country. Christians behave like this....while pointing fingers at other groups in our country for immorality. I am not saying the other groups are innocent....but 'my bible' says, "He who is without sin, cast the first stone"......there is also an old adage about, 'those who live in glass houses throwing stones'.
Old 02-18-2012, 01:33 PM

Yes, Jesus loves me.....Yes, Jesus loves me......"Go ahead, make my day!"
Old 02-19-2012, 03:14 AM
Registered Member

I will vote for Rick Santurom win or lose. He seems to be a good and decent man. Pro life, pro gun, anti gay agenda. Could not ask for much more these days.
Old 02-20-2012, 10:08 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by forgivenson View Post
Let's just cancel the election. It is already far beyond being a 'farce'. Why waste all the millions of dollars? I find it amazing....there was a time when treason toward the Commander and Chief of our military/ the President of the United States was considered to be a crime. Don't get me wrong, I do not approve of many of the things Obama has done. But he is my president. I think it is a great shame that so many "christians"....are 'deteriorating' the very fabric of what is great about our country. Christians behave like this....while pointing fingers at other groups in our country for immorality. I am not saying the other groups are innocent....but 'my bible' says, "He who is without sin, cast the first stone"......there is also an old adage about, 'those who live in glass houses throwing stones'.
Cancel the election?
Ridiculous.
Insofar as treason, why don't you give some examples instead of repeating left-wing talking points.