Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 05-13-2013, 08:35 AM
Registered Member

Re: T. Wynn Drost fired!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC1 View Post
As a child we drove through Alberta Canada a lot going back and forth between Alaska and the "Lower 48". I was always amazed at fast food restaurants when they would give us vinegar instead of ketchup with french fries.
Yeah, I don't eat vinegar with my fries but have a lot of relatives who do!

I remember when I was little and asked for a Coke (in America). They gave me a Coke! I was so disappointed! Didn't they know they were supposed to ask me which kind?????

When I was young and clever, I wanted to change the world. Now that I am older and wiser, I strive to change myself. ~
Old 05-13-2013, 08:58 AM
Apostolic Pentecostal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Originalist View Post
IMO, the UPCI needs to make a rule that missionaries cannot hold national office in a foreign country once the church in that country becomes autonomous. Train the nationals, step out of the way, be a servant.
Wisdom! This should be the natural and logical outcome of a successful endeavor and the ultimate goal of missions. Yes, it is much easier said than done. All the more reason to be aggressive in our training of National leaders.

Why is this any different than raising up a successful and autonomous Daughter Work here in the States? Only the scale is different.
Old 09-09-2020, 06:42 PM
New User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Originalist View Post
Something that is never mentioned by him or the UPCI is why they wanted him to step down to begin with. DKB mentioned that the UPCI was at a disadvantage, not being able to spell out all the facts in order to protect the innocent, and that Drost was able to exploit this weakness by making his YouTube videos. Drost has also accused other missionaries in Mexico of things that are absolutely false. Anyone that has to smear someone else's character to protect his own should not be trusted. To me, if he really cared about Mexico, he would have been like the "real mother" of the child Solomon wanted to divide and would have departed in peace, trusting God to vindicate him in the end. All I see here is another Jimmy Swaggart, self absorbed and thinking that revival can't happen without him.

I knew there was a problem when I went to the Mexican General Conference last year and they had a woman in tight pants and plunging neck line on the platform singing, "Holy, holy, Holy..God in three persons. Blessed Trinity"! I kid you not!! David Wilkerson once said that when a minister is harboring secret sin, his discernment departs. Looks like Ol' Dave was right!!
S’cuse me
Old 09-10-2020, 07:45 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by diakonos View Post
S’cuse me
Ha ha I forgot that I had written that.
Old 09-10-2020, 08:53 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissBrattified View Post
DKB's response is very thorough and as satisfactory as it can possibly be, IMO.

The GMB is not sharing the details of the initial problems, apparently, and DKB implies that they cannot do so without harming reputation[s].

Since Bro. Drost ALSO left that information out of his video, it does point to there being some truth to that implication.

I attended the 2011 General Conference in Mexico City. You could cut the tension with aknife. The opening servive featured a non-Apostolic female singer , wearing pants, who sang "Holy, Holy, Holy..Blessed Trinity." I kid you not. Though that was incidental, it threw fuel on the fire of those doubting Drost's leadership.

A member of the naional board of UPCM (IPUM) did tell me of some of the charges. I do not know of the validity of the charges, but they did warrant investigation.