Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 03-09-2009, 01:54 PM
I remain the Petulant Chevalier

Re: Urgent- From David Wilkerson's Daily Devotiona

Quote:
Originally Posted by *AQuietPlace* View Post
I think the point some posters above were making is that we're not getting genuine prophecy much any more, we're just getting men prophesying that every one who doesn't believe like them is headed for hell.

Of course, not all Apostolics are like this.... but we have way too many who are, imo. I probably see a lot more of this than many of you, because of the fellowships I've been associated with. Many of the conferences are simply competitions to see who can preach the "hardest".

I'm sure Sis. Alvear knows what I mean.
Thanks for setting me straight. It looked to me like some of our friends here on AFF were suggesting that Apostolics are stupid and dont know the difference between a preacher yelling about standards and prophesy.

thanks for getting me straight.

Cuz somehow when we have a thread about a non-Apostoic going into hystarics about what they think God told them (read ate too much pizza too late at night), one of to things happen around here.

1. Some panic and start canning tomatoes to prepare for the future
2. the rest blame Traditional Oneness Apostolics for everything under the sun. From the bombing of the Kobar towers to their third cousins aunts sister who have a friend who once had to endure a cometary by some yahoo preacher on the subject of red socks.

It irritates. NOTHING about this thread relates to the OP experience except Pela and some others decided to make it one more oppurtunity to take pot shots at the UPCI/Traditional OPs et al.

snort
Old 03-09-2009, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pelathais View Post
The whole cause cause célèbre for the founding of the UPC was to get the "liberals" and the "1 Steppers" and all of "the Compromisers" to line up more "correctly" with the views of the loudest, most tempermental and the most controlling faction.

Since this is the reason the org was founded, this has always been the primary thrust of the org's message and activity. "Get this place cleaned up!" If you don't like it, then remember, "Every movement needs to have a bowel movement every now and then" (Leonard Westburg c. 1991).
it seems your cause celebre is to take pot shots at the UPCI.

As I once told somebody else, bro. dont go away mad, just go away.

err... well, as I understand it, you already went away like ten years or more ago.

really you need to get over it.
Old 03-09-2009, 02:03 PM
Matthew 7:6

Re: Attention- From David Wilkerson's Daily Devoti

Ferd, there are folks around here who seem to live to take shots at the UPCI/traditonal OPs.

It's sad.
Some of these folks really need to just build a bridge... and get over it.

I'm T France, and I approved this message.
Old 03-09-2009, 02:08 PM
Don't ask.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceniez View Post
For one 1 Cor 12:28 States God Set them in the Church,and since the Church is still here so must the Prophets.
Ah. So, do you happen to know how your pastor gets around this? Just curious.
Hebrews 13:23 Know ye that our brother Timothy is set at liberty

More New Stuff in Timmy Talk!
My Countdown Counting down to: Rapture. Again.
Why am I not surprised?
Old 03-09-2009, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRFrance View Post
Ferd, there are folks around here who seem to live to take shots at the UPCI/traditonal OPs.

It's sad.
Some of these folks really need to just build a bridge... and get over it.
That's what I am screaming. David Wilkerson isnt one of us. In fact he has argued against us. Why in the world would anyone claiming to be Apostolic or Oneness Pentecostal (to make Nahum happy) want to blast away at our own in a thread about someone who doesnt really care for any of us?

good grief.
Old 03-09-2009, 02:21 PM
Sister Alvear

I have so much to say but sometimes some things are better left unsaid...and I just got in from making visits and have to teach a Bible class tonight...

If it is for one of our direct needs please mark it on the check.
Facebook Janice LaVaun Taylor Alvear
Old 03-09-2009, 03:11 PM
Accepts all friends requests

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
Forgive me Pelathais, I thought you were long gone from the UPCI?

I didnt know you were still "a part".

and did these groups speak of these things in terms of their teaching/rules or was it (as you pointed out in your post I took exception to) a matter of prophetic utterance?
The part of me that is "long gone" is my ministerial credentials. I've already discussed the scandal in other people's lives that led to that. Taking a stand for righteousness doesn't makke you popular in many UPC circles - especially among the so-called "conservatives." A "trouble maker" is a trouble make, no matter what the trouble is and whose trouble it is.

My family is another story. Also I have many life long friends and people I care very much about who are still UPC. Perhaps that's why I'm still so passionate about it at times.

I can now speak for those who cannot speak out for themselves. What are they going to do to me? What can they possibly take away that they haven't already stolen?
Old 03-09-2009, 03:15 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Another thing that happens is those that call for being prepared for the future, are labeled as panicking canners.......

Was Joseph a "Panicker" for making plans to get through a famine?

Perparedness and panic are not the same thing...........

Now where did I store those Ball Jars????????
Psa 119:165 (KJV) 165 Great peace have they which love thy law: and nothing shall offend them.

"Do not believe everthing you read on the internet" - Abe Lincoln
Old 03-09-2009, 03:27 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Thanks for setting me straight. It looked to me like some of our friends here on AFF were suggesting that Apostolics are stupid and dont know the difference between a preacher yelling about standards and prophesy.

thanks for getting me straight.

Cuz somehow when we have a thread about a non-Apostoic going into hystarics about what they think God told them (read ate too much pizza too late at night), one of to things happen around here.

2. the rest blame Traditional Oneness Apostolics for everything under the sun. From the bombing of the Kobar towers to their third cousins aunts sister who have a friend who once had to endure a cometary by some yahoo preacher on the subject of red socks.

It irritates. NOTHING about this thread relates to the OP experience except Pela and some others decided to make it one more oppurtunity to take pot shots at the UPCI/Traditional OPs et al.

snort
I dunno.... I keep asking the question "Why 30 days supply? Will the grocery stores reopen on day 31?". There are many who repeat every bit of bad financial news with an almost gleeful "It is almost over! The economy is at the cusp of total collapse!". It may be.... but I take NO joy in that fact.
Old 03-09-2009, 03:31 PM
Don't ask.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyWayne View Post
I dunno.... I keep asking the question "Why 30 days supply? Will the grocery stores reopen on day 31?". There are many who repeat every bit of bad financial news with an almost gleeful "It is almost over! The economy is at the cusp of total collapse!". It may be.... but I take NO joy in that fact.
I already told you: cuz God said so! Weren't you listening?

Hebrews 13:23 Know ye that our brother Timothy is set at liberty

More New Stuff in Timmy Talk!
My Countdown Counting down to: Rapture. Again.
Why am I not surprised?